FireDaemon.exe in XP Prof

When I boot up my XP Prof, I get a message sayiing that FireDaemon.exe has
encountered a problem and neededto close and send the report to mr softie.
Looking into the details:-

c:\docs...\ local,,\temp\wer2.tmp\firedaemon.exe.mdmp. Please advice how can
I resolve this error.Is this a virus? Please advice, thanks

lor2sri,

-click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, uninstall
the FireDaemon app.

-click Start > Run > type msconfig, click OK > click into the 'Startup' tab.
Uncheck any references to FireDaemon, click OK.

-answer 'No' when asked to restart computer.

-empty your 'Temp' folders

-Restart computer.

Drew

"lor2sri" <lor2sri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I boot up my XP Prof, I get a message sayiing that FireDaemon.exe has
> encountered a problem and neededto close and send the report to mr softie.
> Looking into the details:-
>
> c:\docs...\ local,,\temp\wer2.tmp\firedaemon.exe.mdmp. Please advice how
> can
> I resolve this error.Is this a virus? Please advice, thanks

No,this is not a virus.
Uninstall/reinstall Firedaemon.
http://www.firedaemon.com/

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

lor2sri wrote:
> When I boot up my XP Prof, I get a message sayiing that FireDaemon.exe has
> encountered a problem and neededto close and send the report to mr softie.
> Looking into the details:-
>
> c:\docs...\ local,,\temp\wer2.tmp\firedaemon.exe.mdmp. Please advice how can
> I resolve this error.Is this a virus? Please advice, thanks

Many thanks and sorry to say I cant find FireDaemon.exe in my Add/Remove .
Apart from the ones that I am familiar are:-

Maths Plus Pri 5
MSDE
SAP Library SAP R3
Shockwave
Adobe Acrobat 5.0
and trhe rest are microsoft fixes, winzip

Also, may I correct thet path which should read as:-
c:\doc......\lor2sri\local.......\temp\wer3tmp.dir01\fireDaemon.exe.mdmp
c:\docs.....\lor2sri\local.......\temp\wer3tmp.dir01\appcompat.txt

Need your further assistance

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> No,this is not a virus.
> Uninstall/reinstall Firedaemon.
> http://www.firedaemon.com/
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> lor2sri wrote:
> > When I boot up my XP Prof, I get a message sayiing that FireDaemon.exe has
> > encountered a problem and neededto close and send the report to mr softie.
> > Looking into the details:-
> >
> > c:\docs...\ local,,\temp\wer2.tmp\firedaemon.exe.mdmp. Please advice how can
> > I resolve this error.Is this a virus? Please advice, thanks

map

Look in Admin tools>services and see if it is listed there,if it is, disable
it.

--
Mike Pawlak

lor2sri wrote:
> Many thanks and sorry to say I cant find FireDaemon.exe in my
> Add/Remove . Apart from the ones that I am familiar are:-
>
> Maths Plus Pri 5
> MSDE
> SAP Library SAP R3
> Shockwave
> Adobe Acrobat 5.0
> and trhe rest are microsoft fixes, winzip
>
> Also, may I correct thet path which should read as:-
> c:\doc......\lor2sri\local.......\temp\wer3tmp.dir01\fireDaemon.exe.mdmp
> c:\docs.....\lor2sri\local.......\temp\wer3tmp.dir01\appcompat.txt
>
> Need your further assistance
>
> "S.Sengupta" wrote:
>
>> No,this is not a virus.
>> Uninstall/reinstall Firedaemon.
>> http://www.firedaemon.com/
>>
>> regards,
>> ssg MS-MVP
>>
>> lor2sri wrote:
>>> When I boot up my XP Prof, I get a message sayiing that
>>> FireDaemon.exe has encountered a problem and neededto close and
>>> send the report to mr softie. Looking into the details:-
>>>
>>> c:\docs...\ local,,\temp\wer2.tmp\firedaemon.exe.mdmp. Please
>>> advice how can I resolve this error.Is this a virus? Please advice,
>>> thanks

Map,
Many thanks. Its in there, 2 of them and have disabled them and clear the
temp. Now its ok, thanks

MAP Wrote:
> Glad to help!
>
> --
> Mike Pawlak

I would just like to thank you all for your help in this matter , for
2 weeks i had been getting the same message about firedaemon.exe and
had no idea how to tackle it , i asked JEEVES and it came up with this
post , i followed your instructions and excellent , the problem has
gone . now i only have one more problem of having lost my help files ,
but that is another story
Thanks again to Everyone who contributed
;)

--
astraboy21