Searching tools/software to benchmark a harddisc under Win..

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I want to measure the speed of a harddisc from a running Windows (XP) system.

At the end it should be a before/after (e.g. driver update,
enabling drive encryption, ...) comparison.

Are there any tools which help me to perform this task?

Thomas
3 answers Last reply
More about searching tools software benchmark harddisc

    Check it here:-
    http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_hdd.html

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Thomas Heinrich wrote:

    > I want to measure the speed of a harddisc from a running Windows (XP) system.
    >
    > At the end it should be a before/after (e.g. driver update,
    > enabling drive encryption, ...) comparison.
    >
    > Are there any tools which help me to perform this task?
    >
    > Thomas

    Check here:-

    Thomas Heinrich <thohein@redseven.de> wrote

    > I want to measure the speed of a harddisc
    > from a running Windows (XP) system.

    > At the end it should be a before/after (e.g. driver
    > update, enabling drive encryption, ...) comparison.

    > Are there any tools which help me to perform this task?

    HDTach or just timing moving files with a stopwatch
    or just timing the operation you care about.

Benchmark Microsoft Windows XP