Searching tools/software to benchmark a harddisc under Win..

July 24, 2005 12:02:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I want to measure the speed of a harddisc from a running Windows (XP) system.

At the end it should be a before/after (e.g. driver update,
enabling drive encryption, ...) comparison.

Are there any tools which help me to perform this task?

Thomas
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 6:22:04 PM

Check it here:-
http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_hdd.html

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Thomas Heinrich wrote:

> I want to measure the speed of a harddisc from a running Windows (XP) system.
>
> At the end it should be a before/after (e.g. driver update,
> enabling drive encryption, ...) comparison.
>
> Are there any tools which help me to perform this task?
>
> Thomas
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 6:36:27 PM

Check here:-

Thomas Heinrich wrote:

> I want to measure the speed of a harddisc from a running Windows (XP) system.
>
> At the end it should be a before/after (e.g. driver update,
> enabling drive encryption, ...) comparison.
>
> Are there any tools which help me to perform this task?
>
> Thomas
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 11:20:59 PM

Thomas Heinrich <thohein@redseven.de> wrote

> I want to measure the speed of a harddisc
> from a running Windows (XP) system.

> At the end it should be a before/after (e.g. driver
> update, enabling drive encryption, ...) comparison.

> Are there any tools which help me to perform this task?

HDTach or just timing moving files with a stopwatch
or just timing the operation you care about.
!