Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows 7 canon eos rebel driver

Last response: in Digital Camera
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
October 7, 2010 7:17:13 PM

I have the earliest model of the Canon EOS Rebel SLR, I can't get the camera to communicate with windows 7. I have PSE 8, but for some reason, the camera isn't coming up as a devise to download pictures from. Is there a driver for Windows 7?
October 12, 2010 8:07:08 AM

Check your USB drivers or cable. I have like 3 Canons...Rebel XTi, Ixus and another point and shoot...and all of them connects with Windows 7 with no problem at all.
Score
November 7, 2010 9:08:36 PM

am having a similar issue. upgraded to windows 7, reinstalled canon utility, all drivers are loaded. however when trying to sync window does not recognize driver.
Score
Related resources
February 10, 2011 2:06:40 AM

Am also having the same issue with windows 7, a freshly installed camera window and utilities and a Canon EOS Rebel XT. I am trying to install the driver updates recommended from the Hardward Helper ad, but wanted to check if anyone has already done this and if it worked or not...
Score
March 7, 2011 7:09:05 PM

try switching your camera communication mode from "normal" to "PTP" under the second tools menu. A card reader though will save you a LOT of time downloading pictures as the original rebel is only usb 1.1
Score
March 17, 2011 2:27:58 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you BOB100684! That worked! I have been struggling with this darn camera to download the photos.
Score
March 21, 2011 7:00:34 PM

bob100684 said:
try switching your camera communication mode from "normal" to "PTP" under the second tools menu. A card reader though will save you a LOT of time downloading pictures as the original rebel is only usb 1.1

BLESS YOUR HEART. I did order a new card reader, but until it arrives, this change of communication mode from NORMAL to PTP did the trick. Lifesaver! Thanks BOB!
Score
October 30, 2011 12:55:48 PM

Thanks Bob. This worked and will help me in a pinch until I can figure out why the card reader (with this brand new computer) isn't working.
Score
April 18, 2012 8:24:27 AM

bob100684 said:

Thank you very much. It worked!.
Score
April 30, 2012 6:46:55 AM

try switching your camera communication mode from "normal" to "PTP" under the second tools menu.
Score
May 21, 2014 11:41:46 AM

"try switching your camera communication mode from "normal" to "PTP" under the second tools menu. A card reader though will save you a LOT of time downloading pictures as the original rebel is only usb 1.1"

Bless your soul Bob. My dad has this camera and it has always been a pain to upload photos for him. I have a card reader but he cries that his pins are going to get messed up over time if the memory card is removed over and over again. You rock! I can't believe that PTP is not the default mode.
Score
!