Windows 7 canon eos rebel driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have the earliest model of the Canon EOS Rebel SLR, I can't get the camera to communicate with windows 7. I have PSE 8, but for some reason, the camera isn't coming up as a devise to download pictures from. Is there a driver for Windows 7?

kaatbird

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
Am also having the same issue with windows 7, a freshly installed camera window and utilities and a Canon EOS Rebel XT. I am trying to install the driver updates recommended from the Hardward Helper ad, but wanted to check if anyone has already done this and if it worked or not...

bob100684

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
try switching your camera communication mode from "normal" to "PTP" under the second tools menu. A card reader though will save you a LOT of time downloading pictures as the original rebel is only usb 1.1

groundhog1956

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011

BLESS YOUR HEART. I did order a new card reader, but until it arrives, this change of communication mode from NORMAL to PTP did the trick. Lifesaver! Thanks BOB!

Satya_S

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

Thank you very much. It worked!.

Dovetonsils

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
try switching your camera communication mode from "normal" to "PTP" under the second tools menu.
hjk

Angerson

Reputable
May 21, 2014
"try switching your camera communication mode from "normal" to "PTP" under the second tools menu. A card reader though will save you a LOT of time downloading pictures as the original rebel is only usb 1.1"

Bless your soul Bob. My dad has this camera and it has always been a pain to upload photos for him. I have a card reader but he cries that his pins are going to get messed up over time if the memory card is removed over and over again. You rock! I can't believe that PTP is not the default mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.