802.11g wireless

I am installing a Microsoft Wireless 802.11g base station
and adapters. The base staion went in fine. When it was
time to install the USB adapter on a computer with ME
operatins system, I was told I had to have the original
software disk. Someone had donated the system to the
church, and, unfortunately, the OS CD was missing. Is
there any way I can install without that step?
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless

    You will need a copy of the Windows ME setup files to install a NIC on
    Windows ME.

    You can try searching for win*.cab on the computer. You should find the
    files so long as they were not deleted.

    Then just point to the location the files were found at.

    Charlie wrote:

    > I am installing a Microsoft Wireless 802.11g base station
    > and adapters. The base staion went in fine. When it was
    > time to install the USB adapter on a computer with ME
    > operatins system, I was told I had to have the original
    > software disk. Someone had donated the system to the
    > church, and, unfortunately, the OS CD was missing. Is
    > there any way I can install without that step?

Routers Wireless WiFi Microsoft Networking