802.11g wireless

Last response: in Networking
Share
July 21, 2004 8:18:07 PM

I am installing a Microsoft Wireless 802.11g base station
and adapters. The base staion went in fine. When it was
time to install the USB adapter on a computer with ME
operatins system, I was told I had to have the original
software disk. Someone had donated the system to the
church, and, unfortunately, the OS CD was missing. Is
there any way I can install without that step?

More about : 802 11g wireless

July 21, 2004 9:30:35 PM

You will need a copy of the Windows ME setup files to install a NIC on
Windows ME.

You can try searching for win*.cab on the computer. You should find the
files so long as they were not deleted.

Then just point to the location the files were found at.

!