Copying Files From Multiple Folders?

July 24, 2005 3:13:06 PM

Hi. Basically Ive got a slight problem. On my D: drive, I have several
folders (500 something I think) containing mp3s that I have ripped from my
CD collection. What I want to do is transfer all the mp3s contained in these
folders to My Music (I have just upgraded to Windows xp media center
edition). Rather than going through each folder manually, and going through
the time consuming process of selecting, copying and pasting every mp3 in
each folder, is there any way I can select all of the mp3s in all of the
folders automatically, and have them copied over?
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 3:13:07 PM

do a search of the drive using *.mp3 as your target.
Ctrl + A to select all then cut and paste them into the my music folder.

You may experience add behavior with media player until yu do a full search
an replace of all medai files.

"Mark Curtis" <markcurtis_86@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi. Basically Ive got a slight problem. On my D: drive, I have several
> folders (500 something I think) containing mp3s that I have ripped from my
> CD collection. What I want to do is transfer all the mp3s contained in
> these folders to My Music (I have just upgraded to Windows xp media center
> edition). Rather than going through each folder manually, and going
> through the time consuming process of selecting, copying and pasting every
> mp3 in each folder, is there any way I can select all of the mp3s in all
> of the folders automatically, and have them copied over?

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 12:24:31 AM

Heard of Search in Windows.

"Mark Curtis" <markcurtis_86@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eARh5gDkFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi. Basically Ive got a slight problem. On my D: drive, I have several
> folders (500 something I think) containing mp3s that I have ripped from my
> CD collection. What I want to do is transfer all the mp3s contained in these
> folders to My Music (I have just upgraded to Windows xp media center
> edition). Rather than going through each folder manually, and going through
> the time consuming process of selecting, copying and pasting every mp3 in
> each folder, is there any way I can select all of the mp3s in all of the
> folders automatically, and have them copied over?

July 25, 2005 12:24:32 AM

Please Enlighten Me
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
news:o hZEpnDkFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
Heard of Search in Windows.

"Mark Curtis" <markcurtis_86@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi. Basically Ive got a slight problem. On my D: drive, I have several
> folders (500 something I think) containing mp3s that I have ripped from my
> CD collection. What I want to do is transfer all the mp3s contained in
> these
> folders to My Music (I have just upgraded to Windows xp media center
> edition). Rather than going through each folder manually, and going
> through
> the time consuming process of selecting, copying and pasting every mp3 in
> each folder, is there any way I can select all of the mp3s in all of the
> folders automatically, and have them copied over?

July 25, 2005 12:24:33 AM

If they are MP3s, use the search feature and search for "MP3". Select all of
them and hit Ctrl X. Then open My Music and hit Ctrl V.

--
Alias

"Mark Curtis" <markcurtis_86@hotmail.com> wrote

> Please Enlighten Me
> "David Candy" <.> wrote

> Heard of Search in Windows.

> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
> "Mark Curtis" <markcurtis_86@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi. Basically Ive got a slight problem. On my D: drive, I have several
>> folders (500 something I think) containing mp3s that I have ripped from
>> my
>> CD collection. What I want to do is transfer all the mp3s contained in
>> these
>> folders to My Music (I have just upgraded to Windows xp media center
>> edition). Rather than going through each folder manually, and going
>> through
>> the time consuming process of selecting, copying and pasting every mp3 in
>> each folder, is there any way I can select all of the mp3s in all of the
>> folders automatically, and have them copied over?

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 12:33:18 AM

Search for them, they are all in one list then.

!