/ Sign-up
Your question

Canon Lens

  • SLR
  • Filter
  • Cameras
  • Canon
Last response: in Digital Cameras
October 8, 2010 7:22:45 AM

Hi All!

I have a Canon EOS 350D camera with standard lens. I am looking at buying another lens and have the following options:
EF 28-135mm IS USM - new
EF-S 18-200mm IS - second hand with UV & Polarizing filter, for same price as above mentioned new

I am doing mainly portraits, weddings and family holidays/travel. Which lens would be the better one to buy?

Any suggestions?



More about : canon lens

October 17, 2010 5:01:30 PM

You have to remember your Canon 350D uses compact sensor compared to full-framed used for EF lenses. The 28mm-135mm with 1.6 multiplier becomes 44.8 mm - 216 mm. Although you can use EF lenses on your 350D, you will need to get 10-28mm EF lens to fill the gap of 18-200mm.

I would go for EF-S 18-200 IS because it has wider range.