Sign in with
Your question

Dark Horizontal Lines on Monitor During Games...PLEASE help

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 16, 2008 8:24:06 PM

I just ordered two Acer LCD monitors one a 22 inch and a 24 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...). When they are both being used on the desktop they look perfectly normal; however, on either monitor when I play a game dark horizontal lines (usually grey in color) run through the monitor. I am really getting desperate, ive sinked more than 800$ at this point and neweegg has a strict no return policy for monitors (unless you want to exchange for a monitor of the same type). I contacted Acer customer service and it was just plain horrible, I could literally here the lady flipping through pages to try and find a solution. Anyone have any ideas :( 

EDIT: And im certain its neither of the video cards on either computer, because I hooked up my other Samsung 24 inch and it worked fine during games with no horizontal lines.

Resolutions on both acre monitors are native, and likewise for refreshrates
a c 196 C Monitor
December 17, 2008 5:25:56 AM

Do those gray line show up immediately once you start playing games or do they appear over time? If they appear over time it could be an overheating issue.

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers or installing the most recent drivers?
!