I've been using MS Backup for many months to back-up my system state without
any problems. About 3-4 weeks ago I intermittently had a problem with the
backup program shutting down and restarting my PC after it started the
backup process, but before it actually started writing anything to my backup
hard drive. Usually, after the restart I was able to restart the backup
program and the backup would work as advertised; at least until last
weekend.

Last weekend I was totally unable to get the backup to "backup". It
constantly restarted the PC and wouldn't work even after the restart. Other
than the MS updates, the only other program I had installed that I could
imagine might be causing this problem was BHODemon. I uninstalled the
program, removed the startup entry, rebooted, and the backup program worked
immediately as advertised. So, I thought I had resolved the problem.

Not so.When I attempted to do a backup this morning I got the same
shutdown/restart issue just when it appeared the backup was about to begin
writing data to the drive. The restart didn't resolve the issue as it had on
a number of occasions in the past. The following info was displayed on the
screen and I have absolutely no idea what it means or if it indicates
what/where the problem is. Any assistance is appreciated.

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x80588954, 0xF1CF54D0, 0x00000000)

WinXP, NVidia MX440, 1GB memory

Chuck

Performance Evaluation/Fitness Report Remarks:
"If you stand close enough to him, you can hear the ocean."

sharon

I'm having a similar problem except my backup actually started to run, backs
up to a size of 1.14 GB then crashes and restarts the computer. Have you had
any luck in fixing your issue?