Newsgroup Subject Material

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc (More info?)

Howdy all!

Granted, I have been away from the newsgroups for quite some time, but last
I remember,
this was a decent and fairly busy little misc mini newsgroup. Now... jeez,
what in the heck
happened while I was away? (!) I don't mind FS and FT posts (as long as
they're legit --
'tho' that ain't the case as often anymore as it used to be <sigh>), but
here, for the past...
REALLY long time, there's like NO posts just talkin' about miscellaneous
mini stuff. Is
this NG officially dead now, and all the cool people can't hang out here any
more (if so, I
think I may just move right in <G>)?

I'm workin' on a project right now to create like a bajillion individual
plants, small trees,
and the like (using old plastic 25mm bases as well... bases <G>). Maybe
I'll put pen to
paper and describe what fun I've been havin' the past coupl'a days with it?
That is, if
there's anyone left in the NG left that might find such an on-topic post
in'nerestin'....
2 answers Last reply
More about newsgroup subject material
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc (More info?)

    > That is, if there's anyone left in the NG left that might
    > find such an on-topic post in'nerestin'....

    AND FURTHERMORE! Don't y'all just hate it when someone
    posts to the 'group
    and their text is all over the page, 'cause they forgot to
    set the word wrap before
    composing and sending messages?
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc (More info?)

    Bubba Pearson wrote:
    > Howdy all!
    >
    > Granted, I have been away from the newsgroups for quite some time, but
    > last I remember,
    > this was a decent and fairly busy little misc mini newsgroup. Now...
    > jeez, what in the heck
    > happened while I was away? (!) I don't mind FS and FT posts (as long as
    > they're legit --
    > 'tho' that ain't the case as often anymore as it used to be <sigh>), but
    > here, for the past...
    > REALLY long time, there's like NO posts just talkin' about miscellaneous
    > mini stuff. Is
    > this NG officially dead now, and all the cool people can't hang out here
    > any more (if so, I
    > think I may just move right in <G>)?

    I don't know anything about cool people (no, seriously, I don't), but it's
    been pretty quiet in here for a while. Not sure of exactly what happened...
    but, as a lurker who has been, well, lurking for a number of years, this
    newsgroup is the most quiet I've ever seen it.

    > I'm workin' on a project right now to create like a bajillion individual
    > plants, small trees,
    > and the like (using old plastic 25mm bases as well... bases <G>). Maybe
    > I'll put pen to
    > paper and describe what fun I've been havin' the past coupl'a days with
    > it? That is, if
    > there's anyone left in the NG left that might find such an on-topic post
    > in'nerestin'....

    Sounds interesting; I've always wanted to do more trees but found them too
    troublesome--not only to make but also to move the figs around in. The last
    trees I did were clearance after Christmas and I sprayed them all a deep
    green and put them sparsely on green-sprayed foamcore so I could represent a
    wooded area but still move the troops around without destroying the terrain.

    Currently I'm working on finishing my HotT army--my dwarves, which have been
    unfinished for more than a decade. The problem is that I keep buying more
    cool figs for them ("Oooo! Dwarven bear cavalry! I must have some!"), so
    my pile doesn't seem to decrease. Soon, though, soon... and I'll be
    painting up the wooden trays I made to hold the armies--we're doing 25/28mm,
    so I custom made some trays to hold 2 rows of 4 figs each, with a little
    balsa wood strip around the outside to hold everyone in. I need to fill in
    the gaps with putty, spray 'em, flock 'em (maybe), and then I thought I'd
    put some felt on the bottom to make moving them easier on the table.

    After that comes the Norman 15mm DBA army... <shudder> But that will be fun
    to get done, too.

    --gair

Newsgroup Games Video Games