Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Fujifilm S3000 cd Needed - XP

Last response: in Digital Camera
October 10, 2010 4:15:38 PM

I bought a Fujifilm FinePix S3000 used and it did not come with the cd. I have gone all over the interned downloading drivers , updates and "fixes" promising to solve my problem.
I have installed them ALL and my computer still won't recognize my camera when I plug it into the usb port.
Where can I get the original mfg. cd?
I have been to and emailed Fujifilm on this subject but found nothing and have gotten no response.
My O/S is XP.
MORE: I downloaded both the "Quick Start Manual" and the Owners Manual but...I swear....I don't understand how to install this thing....LOL
(Maybe that's the problem...My "Dummieness... :lol:  )
Thank you!

More about : fujifilm s3000 needed

Anonymous
October 10, 2010 6:04:04 PM

You may or may not need anything on your computer to use this camera. Most just connect via USB and behave like an external disk drive so that you can just drag and drop files. Obviously read the Quick Start and/or Manual for more info.

You could probably also remove the camera's memory card and put it into a card reader -- though given the age of the Fuji it may use the old XD cards -- readers for these are less common.

The reviews suggest that you can download movie footage direct to the PC -- and maybe that's the problem you're trying to solve.
m
l
October 10, 2010 6:34:42 PM

Thank you for your reply!
I have tried to just hook it up to the computer and the computer does not recognize it. I should get "Found New Hardware" but I am not.
I am trying to upload photos...not movies. I am sure I need the CD but I cannot find one.
There is a program called "FinePix" Viewer but...once again...I have downloaded ALL I could find in available software and still nothing.
the CD seems like a necessity.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
October 10, 2010 8:41:10 PM

I agree you should see some message appear but I'd still check My Computer to see if a new drive has appeared. If your computer is very old it may have a sort of Mark 1 version of USB (even earlier than what USB replaced) which will not work with some devices, including Fuji cameras.

Anyway, you should be able to solve this with a USB card reader -- they're cheap. I'd take the camera's memory card with you to the store just to check the reader has the correct slot.
m
l
October 10, 2010 9:13:52 PM

Thank you, fihart...
Yes...it is an old computer (9 yrs old) and the USB's are NOT Hi-Speed 2.0 .
The computer is without one. Is there a way to solve that?
I think I need a PCI card to do that.
I am using an x-D picture card so I know what to buy in the reader dept.
I would STILL like to get the CD for when I purchase a new computer or wish to sell the camera. :pt1cable: 
m
l

Best solution

Anonymous
October 10, 2010 10:39:04 PM

"Yes...it is an old computer (9 yrs old) and the USB's are NOT Hi-Speed 2.0 .
The computer is without one. Is there a way to solve that?"

You don't need USB2, you'll be okay with the USB standard immediately before that. The speed isn't a big problem with photo transfers. You may see an error message about USB2 but ignore it.

Just buy a USB card reader that has a slot for XD.
October 20, 2010 11:58:47 PM

Please just tell me where I can get the CD.
want it in case I sell the camera.
It is no longer stocked by Fujifilm...I called.
Thank you.
m
l
October 31, 2010 12:04:01 AM

Best answer selected by alivestillkickin.
m
l
January 5, 2012 7:15:53 AM

alivestillkickin said:
I bought a Fujifilm FinePix S3000 used and it did not come with the cd. I have gone all over the interned downloading drivers , updates and "fixes" promising to solve my problem.
I have installed them ALL and my computer still won't recognize my camera when I plug it into the usb port.
Where can I get the original mfg. cd?
I have been to and emailed Fujifilm on this subject but found nothing and have gotten no response.
My O/S is XP.
MORE: I downloaded both the "Quick Start Manual" and the Owners Manual but...I swear....I don't understand how to install this thing....LOL
(Maybe that's the problem...My "Dummieness... :lol:  )
Thank you!

Hello, I have the original cd, and can help you out with your camera. it would have to be one of the best cameras i've ever used.
i don't know how i can get in contact with you, i've never answered one of these threads before.
but i will keep checking to see if you have answered my reply.
only 2 days ago we went to the beach and i dropped my camera into salt water, it's not working anylonger. so i'm looking for another one myself.
hope to hear from you soon,
dee
m
l
!