desktop icons corrupt!

July 24, 2005 9:59:08 AM

I've never seen this before.
All the icons on my desktop either have no picture, a picture of another
icon or half of 2 icon pictures from other shortcuts.
I tried a basic restart and it did not correct the problem...

help!
Thanks!

More about : desktop icons corrupt

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 6:18:48 PM

"David L." <DavidL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've never seen this before.
> All the icons on my desktop either have no picture, a picture of another
> icon or half of 2 icon pictures from other shortcuts.
> I tried a basic restart and it did not correct the problem...
>
> help!
> Thanks!

Try changing your screen resolution/colour depth.
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 6:18:49 PM

Thanks for replying

Changing display settings did not correct the problem.
any more ideas? hehe

I also noticed the icons in control panel are doing the same as the desktop...

thanks!

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> "David L." <DavidL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've never seen this before.
> > All the icons on my desktop either have no picture, a picture of another
> > icon or half of 2 icon pictures from other shortcuts.
> > I tried a basic restart and it did not correct the problem...
> >
> > help!
> > Thanks!
>
> Try changing your screen resolution/colour depth.

July 24, 2005 6:18:50 PM

David L. wrote:
> Thanks for replying
>
> Changing display settings did not correct the problem.
> any more ideas? hehe
>
> I also noticed the icons in control panel are doing the same as the desktop...
>
> thanks!
>
> "Alan Smith" wrote:
>

>>"David L." <DavidL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I've never seen this before.
>>>All the icons on my desktop either have no picture, a picture of another
>>>icon or half of 2 icon pictures from other shortcuts.
>>>I tried a basic restart and it did not correct the problem...
>>>
>>>help!
>>>Thanks!
>>
>>Try changing your screen resolution/colour depth.

Get tweakUI for XP and there is an option for repair icons.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making