tv-tuner card question

rocx

Distinguished
May 26, 2005
Hello All, I'm thinking of purchasing a ATI all in wonder 9600, for the purpose of makeing a all-in-one media center.I was wondering with this card (or any) can you copy (using PVR software) digital cable or satellite receptions? Thank You

RichPLS

Champion
Yes, as long as you have the digital cable box, but then you have to set the channel on the cable box, since the TV card can not change the channel to the program you wish to record automatically.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Bruxbox

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
If you are talking about a Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 system, you should know that none of the ATI All-In-Wonder cards are officially supported in WMCE 2005.

However, the AIW cards that are based on the R300 or later chipsets will work in WMCE 2005 provided you use the latest Catalysts drivers. This info comes directly from ATI, but, because it is not official, ATI will not support it. In other words, you will get no help from ATI.

With respect to the AIW 9600, it is a marginally competent part, and you may find that it will not work very well in WMCE 2005 or not at all. You'd fair better with the AIW 9800 or later.

lb19984

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2003
IF u dont wanna spend the money for an AIW 9800
I'm sure u can prob get an AIW 9700 for about the same price that the 9600 would cost u
But u might need modded drivers

<A HREF="http://www.freewebs.com/lb19984/" target="_new">My Rig</A>