comrade53

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001
My computer has an Audigy sound card. It's the standard Audigy the computer maker installed, probably equivalent to the Audigy value card.

I use it mainly for music and watching movies, with the occasional game.

My question..., is it worth it to upgrade to the Audigy 4, or perhaps even the Audigy 2, (they're a lot cheaper)?

My computer is a P4, 3.06 ghz, and I've got a set of the Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 speakers that I bought a couple of years ago.

Thanks to anyone for taking the time to offer suggestions!

There was a big difference between Audigy and Audigy 2, I for a long time had sworn off from even messing with Creative after repeated performance problems with the Live and then Audigy Cards, was a Turtle Beach user for a while, then took a chance on the Audigy 2 ZS and have been thoroughly pleased with it now for a solid year, Creatives Audigy 2 ZS series soundcards are definitely worth the money in my opinion.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2541&st=0#entry20385" target="_new">System Specs</A>

comrade53

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001
Thanks for the advice! I just might run it through the WAP, (wife approval process), and see how it flies. I've bought a fair number of electronic toys recently.

The WAP process is definitely not a new thing to me and I'm in the same boat as you, but things have gotten so much easier lately, since my wife inherits the leftovers from my upgrades, and trust me when I tell you she has inherited some great hardware.

It does help the situation when the wife has her own computer, because her computer use, is completely different than mine, and when we get to use our computers its usually at the same time.

Don't get me wrong I'm just babeling at the mouth, not suggesting you buy your wife her own computer, just saying I definitely am familiar with the WAP process. :smile:

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2541&st=0#entry20385" target="_new">System Specs</A>