Giantantispywareupdater

I have found this prog. running on my PC.
I have no recollection of downloading it.
What is it and should I leave it there?
56 answers Last reply
More about giantantispywareupdater

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "leonperrins" wrote:
    |I have found this prog. running on my PC.
    | I have no recollection of downloading it.
    | What is it and should I leave it there?

    Part of Microsoft Anti Spyware.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "leonperrins" <leonperrins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have found this prog. running on my PC.
    > I have no recollection of downloading it.
    > What is it and should I leave it there?

    No remove it if you can in Add\Remove. If the removal tries to get you to
    visit a site to remove it do NOT do that. Try to find in Google the right
    way to get rid of it. But more than likely you have an ActiveX in
    C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files which you can see by going to the folder
    in the Command prompt and typing attrib hit <RETURN>. In fact do that
    attrib > dlcontents.txt and then notepad dlcontents.txt and paste the result
    here.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    "leonperrins" <leonperrins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have found this prog. running on my PC.
    > I have no recollection of downloading it.
    > What is it and should I leave it there?

    I don't really think he wants to remove part of the Microsoft Anti Spyware
    beta program. It is there and running for a very good reason. If he removes
    it he won't be able to update his software, as the process depends upon that
    file. He just didn't know what it was. I guess many others don't either.

    When the final program is released I am certain that all file names will
    have been renamed appropriately.

    --

    "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > No remove it if you can in Add\Remove. If the removal tries to get you to
    > visit a site to remove it do NOT do that. Try to find in Google the right
    > way to get rid of it. But more than likely you have an ActiveX in
    > C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files which you can see by going to the
    > folder
    > in the Command prompt and typing attrib hit <RETURN>. In fact do that
    > attrib > dlcontents.txt and then notepad dlcontents.txt and paste the
    > result
    > here.
    >
    > --
    > George Hester
    > _______________________________
    > "leonperrins" <leonperrins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I have found this prog. running on my PC.
    >> I have no recollection of downloading it.
    >> What is it and should I leave it there?

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 08:04:01 -0700, "leonperrins"
    <leonperrins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have found this prog. running on my PC.
    >I have no recollection of downloading it.
    >What is it and should I leave it there?

    That is a Microsoft (formerly -- Giant) Antispyware program.

    --
    Mikhail Zhilin
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

    Many thanks to all.
    I think M/soft could have made it clear.

    leonperrins wrote:
    > Many thanks to all.
    > I think M/soft could have made it clear.

    They can't even make clear what it considers spyware. MS has an unholy
    alliance with certain spyware developers, and updated MWAS to ignore
    their spyware.

    As usual, the last company to trust when it comes to computer security
    is MS.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    In news:98CF7537-C7F0-4451-A357-484FE39E9836@microsoft.com,
    leonperrins <leonperrins@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > Many thanks to all.
    > I think M/soft could have made it clear.

    While I have some sympathy with that point of view, be aware you
    you chose to run this beta version. When you run beta software,
    you need to realize that you run many risks, and that it's to be
    expected that not everything is going to be perfect.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > "Mikhail Zhilin" wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 08:04:01 -0700, "leonperrins"
    >> <leonperrins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have found this prog. running on my PC.
    >>> I have no recollection of downloading it.
    >>> What is it and should I leave it there?
    >>
    >> That is a Microsoft (formerly -- Giant) Antispyware program.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mikhail Zhilin
    >> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    >> http://www.aha.ru/~mwz
    >> Sorry, no technical support by e-mail.
    >> Please reply to the newsgroups only.
    >> ======

    I'd still get rid of it. Pardon me my mistake here but then anything which
    puts unknown in the system is suspect from Microsoft or not.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________

    "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote

    > As usual, the last company to trust when it comes to computer security is
    > MS.
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt

    Kinda like trusting Bush to be fair about rebuilding what he blew up.

    --
    Alias

    > I have found this prog. running on my PC.
    > I have no recollection of downloading it.
    > What is it and should I leave it there?

    Must have installed itself. Maybe it's spyware. It is from
    Microsoft, after all. It claims to be "anti" spyware, but I can
    smell disinformation when I slip in it.

    Naw, I'm just messin' with ya. It's the antispyware that Microsoft
    bought up and stuck their own name on. It works pretty well. I use
    it. Nothing sinister about it ... unless you consider it sinister
    when a giant multinational corporation installs its own software
    on your computer without asking your permission. Or maybe you put
    it on yourself, and just forgot?

    > leonperrins wrote:
    >> Many thanks to all.
    >> I think M/soft could have made it clear.
    >>

    > They can't even make clear what it considers spyware. MS has an unholy
    > alliance with certain spyware developers, and updated MWAS to ignore their
    > spyware.
    >
    > As usual, the last company to trust when it comes to computer security is
    > MS.

    Technically it doesn't ignore Claria. It flags it and recommends that the
    user ignore it. This can be changed to remove or quarantine as the user sees
    fit. I don't agree with this change but there is a lot of disinformation
    being spread. It does warn the user that the software may be spyware.
    Microsoft's assessment of the risk is the problem. Claria has changed their
    software somewhat but most still consider it spyware.

    Kerry

    Kerry Brown wrote:
    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    > message news:eP4GUZHkFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >> leonperrins wrote:
    >>> Many thanks to all.
    >>> I think M/soft could have made it clear.
    >>>

    >> They can't even make clear what it considers spyware. MS has an
    >> unholy alliance with certain spyware developers, and updated MWAS to
    >> ignore their spyware.
    >>
    >> As usual, the last company to trust when it comes to computer
    >> security is MS.
    >>

    > Technically it doesn't ignore Claria. It flags it and recommends that
    > the user ignore it.

    Thank you Mr. Bush for reclarifying that for us.

    It is my opinion that anything worthy of being flag should be
    recommended to be removed. MWAS is geared toward the people that
    wouldn't know better, and will follow MS's recommendations.

    > This can be changed to remove or quarantine as
    > the user sees fit. I don't agree with this change but there is a lot
    > of disinformation being spread. It does warn the user that the
    > software may be spyware. Microsoft's assessment of the risk is the
    > problem. Claria has changed their software somewhat but most still
    > consider it spyware.

    And Claria isn't the only companies spyware that has been changed. MS
    recommending ignoring of these spywares makes a joke out of calling MWAS
    "antispyware." It would be more accurate to call it, Microsoft Windows
    Not Always AntiSpyware.

    --

    > Kerry Brown wrote:
    >> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    >> message news:eP4GUZHkFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >>>>

    >>> They can't even make clear what it considers spyware. MS has an
    >>> unholy alliance with certain spyware developers, and updated MWAS to
    >>> ignore their spyware.
    >>>
    >>> As usual, the last company to trust when it comes to computer
    >>> security is MS.
    >>>

    >> Technically it doesn't ignore Claria. It flags it and recommends that
    >> the user ignore it.
    >
    > Thank you Mr. Bush for reclarifying that for us.

    I don't get the Bush reference here. My politics are very far left from any
    of the Bush's. What does politics even have to do with the topic?

    > It is my opinion that anything worthy of being flag should be recommended
    > to be removed. MWAS is geared toward the people that wouldn't know
    > better, and will follow MS's recommendations.
    >
    >> This can be changed to remove or quarantine as
    >> the user sees fit. I don't agree with this change but there is a lot
    >> of disinformation being spread. It does warn the user that the
    >> software may be spyware. Microsoft's assessment of the risk is the
    >> problem. Claria has changed their software somewhat but most still
    >> consider it spyware.
    >
    > And Claria isn't the only companies spyware that has been changed. MS
    > recommending ignoring of these spywares makes a joke out of calling MWAS
    > "antispyware." It would be more accurate to call it, Microsoft Windows
    > Not Always AntiSpyware.

    I am in total agreement with you here. MWAS is an excellent tool, one of the
    best antispyware tools available. Unfortunately they have chosen to make it
    "safe" for the general population so have limited it's effectivness. Those
    who have a bit of knowledge and are willing to ignore the defaults will get
    good results, most people using it will think they have cleaned their system
    when they clearly haven't.

    Kerry

    leonperrins wrote:
    > Wow!! Has a Brit stirred up a hornet's nest or what?
    >
    > Pardon me but am I right in thinking that the MS Beta Antispyware
    > Prog. is allowing the Giantantispyware prog, which is really spyware,
    > to run and not trying to stop it?
    > If this is the case my AdAware or Spybot progs. should clean it up
    > but what damage will have been done in the meantime?
    > What antispyware progs. that monitor constantly would you recommend?
    > Summing up, am I worse off running MS Antispy because it actually
    > encourages Giantantispy to run? or no worse off without the MS prog.
    > because Giant might or might not find me?
    > I am very confused.

    MWAS is Giant AS. MS bought it and is now perverting it. Will MWAS
    hurt anything? Well it is beta software, and you should only use beta
    software for testing puposes.

    I use Spybot S&D, Adaware, and SpywareBlaster and have no spyware
    problems, but then again, that would probably be the case even if I
    didn't use them.

    --

    Kerry Brown wrote:
    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    > message news:OZWwgNPkFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >> Kerry Brown wrote:
    >>> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    >>> message news:eP4GUZHkFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

    >>> Technically it doesn't ignore Claria. It flags it and recommends
    >>> that the user ignore it.
    >>
    >> Thank you Mr. Bush for reclarifying that for us.
    >>

    > I don't get the Bush reference here. My politics are very far left
    > from any of the Bush's. What does politics even have to do with the
    > topic?

    By recommending ignoring Claria and other spywares by default, they have
    basically reset MWAS to ignore these spywares, as the vast majority will
    use MWAS.

    It will only be the very few that will ignore MS's recommendation to
    ignore, just like the vast majority of people that use Windows Update
    install every single recommended update, whether they need it or not.

    I felt you were quibbling like the Bush Admin quibbles over things.

    >> It is my opinion that anything worthy of being flag should be
    >> recommended to be removed. MWAS is geared toward the people that
    >> wouldn't know better, and will follow MS's recommendations.
    >>
    >>> This can be changed to remove or quarantine as
    >>> the user sees fit. I don't agree with this change but there is a lot
    >>> of disinformation being spread. It does warn the user that the
    >>> software may be spyware. Microsoft's assessment of the risk is the
    >>> problem. Claria has changed their software somewhat but most still
    >>> consider it spyware.
    >>
    >> And Claria isn't the only companies spyware that has been changed. MS
    >> recommending ignoring of these spywares makes a joke out of
    >> calling MWAS "antispyware." It would be more accurate to call it,
    >> Microsoft Windows Not Always AntiSpyware.
    >>

    > I am in total agreement with you here. MWAS is an excellent tool, one
    > of the best antispyware tools available. Unfortunately they have
    > chosen to make it "safe" for the general population so have limited
    > it's effectivness. Those who have a bit of knowledge and are willing
    > to ignore the defaults will get good results, most people using it
    > will think they have cleaned their system when they clearly haven't.

    And it's the "most people" this anti-spyware tool is geared towards.
    Knowledgable users use anti-spyware tools more for peace of mind, than
    to prevent and clean up spyware on their own computers.

    --

    "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > No, for the time being my opinion is that MS are opportunists and are only
    > getting into the spyware removal business for the money, be it from
    > selling the program to allowing paying spyware customers to be ignored by
    > the scans and I think you will have to buy it once it's out of Beta and
    > the free testing for MS has been done. I never said they are selling it
    > now.

    The claim - iirc - is that it'll be free to Windows Genuine Advantage sheep.
    But comme ci comme ca.

    Shane

    "leonperrins" <leonperrins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Wow!! Has a Brit stirred up a hornet's nest or what?
    >
    >Pardon me but am I right in thinking that the MS Beta Antispyware Prog. is
    >allowing the Giantantispyware prog, which is really spyware, to run and not
    >trying to stop it?

    No. Giantantispyware is *part* of the Microsoft Antispyware program
    itself. It is not spyware. It is a component of the system that has
    not (yet?) been renamed. Microsoft purchased Giant Antispyware, made
    some modifications to it and released it as Microsoft Antispyware.

    >If this is the case my AdAware or Spybot progs. should clean it up but what
    >damage will have been done in the meantime?
    >What antispyware progs. that monitor constantly would you recommend?

    Microsoft Antispyware, in spite of the recent changes regarding Claria
    and some other products, is still at the top of the heap in terms of a
    spyware monitoring and prevention program.

    >Summing up, am I worse off running MS Antispy because it actually encourages
    >Giantantispy to run? or no worse off without the MS prog. because Giant might
    >or might not find me?

    As I said, MS Antispy *is* Giantantispy and there is no need to be
    concerned about that specific item.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Ron Martell wrote:

    <snipped at both ends>

    > Microsoft Antispyware, in spite of the recent changes regarding Claria
    > and some other products, is still at the top of the heap in terms of a
    > spyware monitoring and prevention program.

    It is? That would be your opinion. Any AS that recommends ignoring
    well-known spyware, is the top of my trash heap. And MWAS is the
    slowest scanning, most resource hogging AS that I have ever used. As
    for monitoring, I detects false postives. As for prevention, I wouldn't
    know, since I never set off any AS real-time prevention program.

    And it is just plain inexcusable to recommend a BETA product in a live
    non-testing environment.

    --

    I found the article again. http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm

    --

    > Ron Martell wrote:
    >
    > <snipped at both ends>
    >
    >> Microsoft Antispyware, in spite of the recent changes regarding Claria
    >> and some other products, is still at the top of the heap in terms of a
    >> spyware monitoring and prevention program.
    >
    > It is? That would be your opinion. Any AS that recommends ignoring
    > well-known spyware, is the top of my trash heap. And MWAS is the slowest
    > scanning, most resource hogging AS that I have ever used. As for
    > monitoring, I detects false postives. As for prevention, I wouldn't know,
    > since I never set off any AS real-time prevention program.
    >
    > And it is just plain inexcusable to recommend a BETA product in a live
    > non-testing environment.
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Richard Urban [MVP] wrote:
    > I found the article again.
    > http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm

    And I was gonna say that you were going to the wrestling site to see
    pics of men rolling around on the ground in tights!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    (-: LOL

    --

    > Richard Urban [MVP] wrote:
    >> I found the article again.
    >> http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm
    >

    > And I was gonna say that you were going to the wrestling site to see pics
    > of men rolling around on the ground in tights!
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Your only alternative is Windows because you discount all other options.
    If I hated Windows and Microsoft as much as you seem, I would not use
    either.
    If that choice would cost me $, so be it.
    I have lost out on $ before solely on principal and have little doubt it
    will happen again.
    I guess another factor is where you place your priorities.
    You set your priorities.
    After that you make your choice.
    It still comes down to your choice.

    You made the choice of Mac or PC and apparently chose PC.

    Just because you eliminate all other options by your choice, does not mean
    Microsoft forces you to buy Microsoft.
    You chose to eliminate the other options.

    As for "Are you saying that it is the customer's responsibility to be
    happy..."
    I never said that, those are your words.
    I am not happy with prices of various items.
    And in that case, I find options.
    I do not continue using what I hate as you choose to do.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    > Unlike techies like you, I am not smart enough to figure out Linux and not
    > rich enough -- like you -- to buy a Mac. Sooooooo, my only alternative is
    > Windows and I am forced to pay their high prices and I don't like it. I
    > don't like the assumption that I have a pirated version until I prove
    > otherwise either.
    >
    > Are you saying that it is the customer's responsibilty to be happy with
    > the product's prices and policies, not the manufacturer?
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    >> How is Microsoft forcing you to buy anything?
    >> Your circumstances may have determined you need to buy Windows, but that
    >> is your choice and not Microsoft's.
    >> You can change your circumstances and thus your dependencies.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    >> http://www.dts-l.org
  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
    > Your only alternative is Windows because you discount all other
    > options. If I hated Windows and Microsoft as much as you seem, I
    > would not use either.
    > If that choice would cost me $, so be it.
    > I have lost out on $ before solely on principal and have little doubt
    > it will happen again.
    > I guess another factor is where you place your priorities.
    > You set your priorities.
    > After that you make your choice.
    > It still comes down to your choice.
    >
    > You made the choice of Mac or PC and apparently chose PC.
    >
    > Just because you eliminate all other options by your choice, does not
    > mean Microsoft forces you to buy Microsoft.
    > You chose to eliminate the other options.
    >
    > As for "Are you saying that it is the customer's responsibility to be
    > happy..."
    > I never said that, those are your words.
    > I am not happy with prices of various items.
    > And in that case, I find options.
    > I do not continue using what I hate as you choose to do.

    And you totally discount the monopoly hold that MS has on people over
    years, decade or more in some cases. It isn't just a choice of MS v.
    Mac, or MS v. Linux, in reality. It is MS, all the hardware and
    software you've bought over the year, and your years of computer
    eductation, v. MAC, new expensive hardware & software, and more years to
    unlearn aand relearn a different way of computing.

    But you have no concept of reality, so I don't expect you to understand.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    My perception of reality does not ignore the choices I make and have
    available as yours seems.
    Technology is changing very rapidly so learning is always necessary.
    If you or someone else choose to learn the changes in the old technology or
    take the time to learn another, it is still your choice.
    As for the hardware, most of it needs to be replaced eventually.
    If you choose to replace with similar, that is your choice and not
    Microsoft's or anyone else's.
    If what you suggest were true, you would not hear of people switching
    technologies as we do.

    So continue to ignore the choices people have, it fits with your agenda of
    having others ignore their choices and instead blame all their problems on
    Microsoft.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    http://www.dts-l.org

    > And you totally discount the monopoly hold that MS has on people over
    > years, decade or more in some cases. It isn't just a choice of MS v. Mac,
    > or MS v. Linux, in reality. It is MS, all the hardware and software
    > you've bought over the year, and your years of computer eductation, v.
    > MAC, new expensive hardware & software, and more years to unlearn aand
    > relearn a different way of computing.
    >
    > But you have no concept of reality, so I don't expect you to understand.
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > http://ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
    > My perception of reality does not ignore the choices I make and have
    > available as yours seems.

    LOL! Mine is reasonable approach. I am slowly moving to Linux, as I'm
    not just throw my hardware and my software in the trash bin, to use a
    computer less capable, on a OS platform I'm only in the beginning stages
    of learning.

    To just switch to another OS without being prepared for it would be the
    ignorant way of switching.

    > Technology is changing very rapidly so learning is always necessary.

    LOL! The difference between 2K and XP took less than an hour. The
    difference between XP and Linux will take me a couple of years to get me
    to the same place.

    > If you or someone else choose to learn the changes in the old
    > technology or take the time to learn another, it is still your choice.

    And its one I've made, but it ain't gonna happen over night. I've a
    decade of learning to become as knowledgable and proficient as I am on
    the Windows platform. Taking a couple of years to switch to Linux is
    hardly unreasonable.

    > As for the hardware, most of it needs to be replaced eventually.

    That doesn't stop me for still using a scanner that I bought in 1996.
    Or a floppy drive from around the same time.

    > If you choose to replace with similar, that is your choice and not
    > Microsoft's or anyone else's.

    Linux video drivers still have a ways to go before reaching the
    performance of Win Drivers. And since Linux in many ways is still more
    a server OS than a desktop OS, many multimedia cards don't have full
    support yet, and most that is manufacturers fault. But Linux is getting
    better and more compatible over time. And I suspect that about the time
    I ready to do the full switch, Linux will be more than capable of
    running most of my multimedia components.

    > If what you suggest were true, you would not hear of people switching
    > technologies as we do.

    And how many do you really here of? Of those you have, how many have
    been done overnight? How many of those have switched back again because
    they weren't ready?

    I am an intelligent human being, and I'm not gonna switch until I'm
    ready.

    > So continue to ignore the choices people have, it fits with your
    > agenda of having others ignore their choices and instead blame all
    > their problems on Microsoft.

    FU! I blame MS for their actions and mis-deeds. Like throwing around
    their anti-trust weight to compel hardware and software developers to be
    MicroCentric.

    You and your MicroApologist buddies find MS's totally without any blame
    for anything.

    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    > message
    >> And you totally discount the monopoly hold that MS has on people over
    >> years, decade or more in some cases. It isn't just a choice of MS
    >> v. Mac, or MS v. Linux, in reality. It is MS, all the hardware and
    >> software you've bought over the year, and your years of computer
    >> eductation, v. MAC, new expensive hardware & software, and more
    >> years to unlearn aand relearn a different way of computing.
    >>
    >> But you have no concept of reality, so I don't expect you to
    >> understand. --
    >> Peace!
    >> Kurt
    >> Self-anointed Moderator
    >> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    >> http://ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    >> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    >> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    It's nice to see that you changed my sig to a different letter. What a
    child you are!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Richard Urban [MVP] wrote:
    > Back when Windows 95 came out I bought a "full install" CD for
    > $199.00 A month later I bought a "full install" of OS/2 for, guess
    > what, $299.95.
    > I also bought NT 3.51 full install for $299.95.
    >
    > I purchased Windows 98 Full install for - surprise, $199.00 - same as
    > Win95.
    > I then bought NT 4.0 for WOW, $299.95 - same price as NT 3.51.
    >
    > What does Windows XP Home - Full install cost NOW. Did I hear
    > $199.95. You are right! Same as Win95 and Win98 full installs.
    >
    > Windows 2000 Full Install = $299.95
    >
    > What about a full install of Windows XP Professional? Yep, $299.95
    > right where all previous versions of an NT based operating system
    > have always been.
    >
    > Do you get what I am saying? They haven't raised their prices for
    > over 10 years.
    >
    > Microsoft can raise the price, as far as I am concerned. They are
    > due for an increase and deserve it - IMHO! And I, for one, will not
    > bitch about paying another $299,00 for a full install of Windows
    > Vista (or whatever it comes out as).

    $299 to go from 5.0 to 5.1 is highway robbery. Roxio/Sonic to go from
    7.0 to 7.5, and I told them to go to hell, but Roxio/Sonic has heads up
    competition, I don't have to change computer hardware components or buy
    a whole bunch of new software to move to Roxio/Sonic's competition. The
    same can't be said of moving from Windows to something else.

    And from what I've heard about Longhorn/Vista, its sound more like NT5.5
    than a move to NT6.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Richard Urban [MVP] wrote:
    > God help us - please!

    And what have you done lately to deserve my help? ;-)

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    If I were 15 I would say "<choke> <gag>". Oops. That may well be out of
    style now.

    --

    > Richard Urban [MVP] wrote:
    >> God help us - please!
    >
    > And what have you done lately to deserve my help? ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote:

    >I mean why should one of the most expensive things on your computer be the
    >OS? A retail version is even more expensive than a TFT monitor! It's highway
    >robbery.

    Then write your own OS that is the equivalent of Windows, sell it for
    less, and get rich quick.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service
    http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm
  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Ron Martell wrote:
    > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote:
    >

    >> I mean why should one of the most expensive things on your computer
    >> be the OS? A retail version is even more expensive than a TFT
    >> monitor! It's highway robbery.
    >
    > Then write your own OS that is the equivalent of Windows, sell it for
    > less, and get rich quick.

    LOL! What a specious argument! A person could not develop a modern day
    OS by themselves from scratch.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Richard Urban [MVP] wrote:
    > If I were 15 I would say "<choke> <gag>". Oops. That may well be out
    > of style now.

    If you weren't a Crusty Old Bastard, you would have just laughed.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    >Ron Martell wrote:
    >
    ><snipped at both ends>
    >
    >> Microsoft Antispyware, in spite of the recent changes regarding Claria
    >> and some other products, is still at the top of the heap in terms of a
    >> spyware monitoring and prevention program.
    >
    >It is? That would be your opinion. Any AS that recommends ignoring
    >well-known spyware, is the top of my trash heap. And MWAS is the
    >slowest scanning, most resource hogging AS that I have ever used. As
    >for monitoring, I detects false postives. As for prevention, I wouldn't
    >know, since I never set off any AS real-time prevention program.
    >
    >And it is just plain inexcusable to recommend a BETA product in a live
    >non-testing environment.

    Nope. One of the major U.S. Computer Mags (P.C. World perhaps)
    recently did a performance test of various antispyware apps, and
    Microsoft Antispyware was rated #2.

    Eric Howes did a test last fall that included Giant (just before the
    Microsoft purchase), and he rated it as the best overall of any single
    application. http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service
    http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm
  34. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Ron Martell wrote:
    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Ron Martell wrote:
    >>
    >> <snipped at both ends>
    >>
    >>> Microsoft Antispyware, in spite of the recent changes regarding
    >>> Claria and some other products, is still at the top of the heap in
    >>> terms of a spyware monitoring and prevention program.
    >>
    >> It is? That would be your opinion. Any AS that recommends ignoring
    >> well-known spyware, is the top of my trash heap. And MWAS is the
    >> slowest scanning, most resource hogging AS that I have ever used. As
    >> for monitoring, I detects false postives. As for prevention, I
    >> wouldn't know, since I never set off any AS real-time prevention
    >> program.
    >>
    >> And it is just plain inexcusable to recommend a BETA product in a
    >> live non-testing environment.
    >
    > Nope. One of the major U.S. Computer Mags (P.C. World perhaps)
    > recently did a performance test of various antispyware apps, and
    > Microsoft Antispyware was rated #2.

    And much advertising revenue does this Mag rake in from MS? Given
    enough money, I bet I could buy a whole TV network to do nothing but
    promote George W. Bush as the Second Coming!

    > Eric Howes did a test last fall that included Giant (just before the
    > Microsoft purchase), and he rated it as the best overall of any single
    > application. http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm

    Oooooh! Eric Who?! Go to the Giant website, it is still up, you know.
    See what it recommends for its users. And it ain't MWAS, for those that
    can still download updates.

    Beta software dude. Even if it was the next best thing since sliced
    bread, Beta software should not be recommended for use by the average
    user, and getting them used to using Betas. Its called Beta for a
    reason, as a warning that it is NOT ready for use on mission critical
    systems. Beta software is software that is in testing.

    And MWAS is NOT that great from my own testing. It finds false
    positives, it recommends users to ignore KNOWN spyware, and it is
    totally bloated, just like the rest of MS's Middleware!

    And since MS is at the very least for creating the environment that
    allowed for the exponential growth of malware of all kinds after
    negligently ignoring security in its OS development for over a decade, I
    am smart enough not to rely of MS to treat the symptoms of the disease
    they helped to grow!

    And MS is the big fat target of malware writers around the world, and
    the new ones are all looking to make their bones hitting the big fat
    target of Microsoft.

    But please, you and all your MicroFanatic buddies be my guest and rely
    on MS to protect you computers!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  35. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    You still need to insult others to prop up your point Kurt.
    When are you going to regain control of yourself and end your need to insult
    others.

    It seems to be normal for you to blame all your problems on others while
    accepting no responsibility for yourself.
    That has become the American way lately and you are on that wagon.
    As I suggested before, if I hated something as much as you claim to hate
    Microsoft, I would go quickly.
    I would not let learning, hardware etc get in the way, but that is yet
    another excuse you use.
    If I felt something was that evil, I would leave regardless the expense, I
    have lost $ deliberately before for as much.

    "...find MS's totally without any blame..."
    If you say that about me, you are the liar as you so carelessly claim others
    to be.
    Or you have a very short memory.
    As I have said to you many times, I see blame in many places including
    Microsoft while you with your blinders seem to see all the fault with
    Microsoft and no others.

    As for the sss, that was a mistake as I am sure you know, but it is just as
    well.
    Keep calling myself and others "child", insults such as that seem to feed
    the needs of your ego and serve no other purpose other than display your own
    character.

    --

> [...]
    >
    > FU! I blame MS for their actions and mis-deeds. Like throwing around
    > their anti-trust weight to compel hardware and software developers to be
    > MicroCentric.
    >
    > You and your MicroApologist buddies find MS's totally without any blame
    > for anything.
    >
    >> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    >> message
    >>> And you totally discount the monopoly hold that MS has on people over
    >>> years, decade or more in some cases. It isn't just a choice of MS
    >>> v. Mac, or MS v. Linux, in reality. It is MS, all the hardware and
    >>> software you've bought over the year, and your years of computer
    >>> eductation, v. MAC, new expensive hardware & software, and more
    >>> years to unlearn aand relearn a different way of computing.
    >>>
    >>> But you have no concept of reality, so I don't expect you to
    >>> Peace!
    >>> Kurt
    >>> Self-anointed Moderator
    >>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    >>> http://ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    >>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    >>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
    >
    > It's nice to see that you changed my sig to a different letter. What a
    > child you are!
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  36. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "James" <leushinonospam@gmail.com> wrote

    > Kurt, you're a well-known malcontent. Your only saving grace is that you
    > occasionally provide a laugh. Other than that, I would venture to say that
    > most readers of this newsgroup have either filtered you into oblivion or
    > dismissed you as yet another belly-acher, albeit a more
    > obsessive-compulsive one.

    Ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem. Tsk, tsk.

    --
    Alias

  37. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote:
    >

    >>I mean why should one of the most expensive things on your computer be the
    >>OS? A retail version is even more expensive than a TFT monitor! It's
    >>highway
    >>robbery.
    >
    > Then write your own OS that is the equivalent of Windows, sell it for
    > less, and get rich quick.
    >

    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

    I wish I could. I am, like most people, however, not a programmer.

    --
    Alias

  38. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Your signature says it all!

    ----

    kurttrail wrote:

    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  39. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Ben wrote:
    > Your signature says it all!

    Yes. "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  40. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    leonperrins wrote:
    > As I unwittingly started these "wide ranging discussions" when I
    > asked a simple question about Giantantispy may I just say that they
    > have been sometimes laughable sometimes enlitening and always
    > informative.(in their own way)

    That's what happens in a Newgroup. By the end of a discussion of a long
    duration, you're on a totally different topic.

    > The info on XP prices again highlights how much cheaper software is
    > to you on your side of the pond.
    > In the UK a new retail copy is £186.83 that is $324.86.
    > See what I mean.

    And OS prices are way too high on either side of the pond. You can buy
    a low end computer for about that much. And if you knew the net margin
    before taxes on Windows you'd see why. It is 86%. and that make the
    markup around the 400% percent range. So when people tell you the price
    hasn't changed in years, that is a bogus argument when the should have
    been a 1/4 of what it was long ago.

    Nobody is trying to say that MS doesn't derserve to profit from the
    labor of its employees, but the markup MS has raked in for Windows are
    at the levels of illegal drugs, prostitution, and illegal gambling rakes
    in for organized crime syndicates.

    I always find it quite amusing to see the MS Advocates that are
    consumers too, take the side of Microsoft instead of the side of their
    own wallets, and the wallets of their friends and family. It is almost
    as amazing as poor people that are Torries and Republicans! Or
    Christians that believe in committing violence instead of turning the
    other cheek.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  41. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    kurttrail wrote:
    > leonperrins wrote:
    >
    >>As I unwittingly started these "wide ranging discussions" when I
    >>asked a simple question about Giantantispy may I just say that they
    >>have been sometimes laughable sometimes enlitening and always
    >>informative.(in their own way)
    >

    > That's what happens in a Newgroup. By the end of a discussion of a long
    > duration, you're on a totally different topic.
    >

    >>The info on XP prices again highlights how much cheaper software is
    >>to you on your side of the pond.
    >>In the UK a new retail copy is £186.83 that is $324.86.
    >>See what I mean.
    >

    > And OS prices are way too high on either side of the pond. You can buy
    > a low end computer for about that much. And if you knew the net margin
    > before taxes on Windows you'd see why. It is 86%. and that make the
    > markup around the 400% percent range. So when people tell you the price
    > hasn't changed in years, that is a bogus argument when the should have
    > been a 1/4 of what it was long ago.
    >
    > Nobody is trying to say that MS doesn't derserve to profit from the
    > labor of its employees, but the markup MS has raked in for Windows are
    > at the levels of illegal drugs, prostitution, and illegal gambling rakes
    > in for organized crime syndicates.
    >
    > I always find it quite amusing to see the MS Advocates that are
    > consumers too, take the side of Microsoft instead of the side of their
    > own wallets, and the wallets of their friends and family. It is almost
    > as amazing as poor people that are Torries and Republicans! Or
    > Christians that believe in committing violence instead of turning the
    > other cheek.

    What I find amusing is that YOU think people actually give any credence
    to what you say. I find you a malcontent (albeit a somewhat amusing
    one), a hypocrite, and someone who apparently needs a life.

    No one really cares what your take on Microsoft is, Kurt. No one cares
    what your political views happen to be. No one really gives a rat's ass
    what you happen to believe about Christian practices. In short....
    you're just a blip on my monitor than only exists as long as I decide to
    allow it. Once you no longer amuse me, I can simply plonk you into cyber
    non-existence. And that is what I've decided to do. I've wasted far too
    much time and effort reading your assinine posts from day to day. You're
    a nobody, Kurt. You say you're self-annointed. True. No one else would
    appoint you to anything given the fact that you've seldom demonstrated
    any intelligence on these forums.

    Okay. PLONK! Bye bye.
  42. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    James wrote:
    > kurttrail wrote:
    >> leonperrins wrote:
    >>
    >>> As I unwittingly started these "wide ranging discussions" when I
    >>> asked a simple question about Giantantispy may I just say that they
    >>> have been sometimes laughable sometimes enlitening and always
    >>> informative.(in their own way)
    >>

    >> That's what happens in a Newgroup. By the end of a discussion of a
    >> long duration, you're on a totally different topic.
    >>

    >>> The info on XP prices again highlights how much cheaper software is
    >>> to you on your side of the pond.
    >>> In the UK a new retail copy is £186.83 that is $324.86.
    >>> See what I mean.
    >>

    >> And OS prices are way too high on either side of the pond. You can
    >> buy a low end computer for about that much. And if you knew the net
    >> margin before taxes on Windows you'd see why. It is 86%. and that
    >> make the markup around the 400% percent range. So when people tell
    >> you the price hasn't changed in years, that is a bogus argument when
    >> the should have been a 1/4 of what it was long ago.
    >>
    >> Nobody is trying to say that MS doesn't derserve to profit from the
    >> labor of its employees, but the markup MS has raked in for Windows
    >> are at the levels of illegal drugs, prostitution, and illegal
    >> gambling rakes in for organized crime syndicates.
    >>
    >> I always find it quite amusing to see the MS Advocates that are
    >> consumers too, take the side of Microsoft instead of the side of
    >> their own wallets, and the wallets of their friends and family. It
    >> is almost as amazing as poor people that are Torries and
    >> Republicans! Or Christians that believe in committing violence
    >> instead of turning the other cheek.
    >>
    > What I find amusing is that YOU think people actually give any
    > credence to what you say. I find you a malcontent (albeit a somewhat
    > amusing one), a hypocrite, and someone who apparently needs a life.
    >
    > No one really cares what your take on Microsoft is, Kurt. No one cares
    > what your political views happen to be. No one really gives a rat's
    > ass what you happen to believe about Christian practices. In short....
    > you're just a blip on my monitor than only exists as long as I decide
    > to allow it. Once you no longer amuse me, I can simply plonk you into
    > cyber non-existence. And that is what I've decided to do. I've wasted
    > far too much time and effort reading your assinine posts from day to
    > day. You're a nobody, Kurt. You say you're self-annointed. True. No
    > one else would appoint you to anything given the fact that you've
    > seldom demonstrated any intelligence on these forums.
    >
    > Okay. PLONK! Bye bye.

    ROFL! I have another run-away bitch to add to my collection.

    I didn't even bother reading his post, just scimmed it enough to see
    this wanker didn't bother to argue against my opinion, but just attacked
    me.

    I love it when these plonkers cannot argue for their opinion or argue
    against mine, and just descend in to a totally worthless personal
    attack, and then runs away! Nothing amuses me more!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  43. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:10:22 -0400, "kurttrail"
    <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    >Ron Martell wrote:
    >> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ron Martell wrote:
    >>>
    >>> <snipped at both ends>

    >>> It is? That would be your opinion. Any AS that recommends ignoring
    >>> well-known spyware, is the top of my trash heap. And MWAS is the
    >>> slowest scanning, most resource hogging AS that I have ever used. As
    >>> for monitoring, I detects false postives. As for prevention, I
    >>> wouldn't know, since I never set off any AS real-time prevention
    >>> program.
    >>>
    >>> And it is just plain inexcusable to recommend a BETA product in a
    >>> live non-testing environment.
    >>
    >> Nope. One of the major U.S. Computer Mags (P.C. World perhaps)
    >> recently did a performance test of various antispyware apps, and
    >> Microsoft Antispyware was rated #2.
    >
    >And much advertising revenue does this Mag rake in from MS? Given
    >enough money, I bet I could buy a whole TV network to do nothing but
    >promote George W. Bush as the Second Coming!
    >
    >> Eric Howes did a test last fall that included Giant (just before the
    >> Microsoft purchase), and he rated it as the best overall of any single
    >> application. http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm
    >
    >Oooooh! Eric Who?! Go to the Giant website, it is still up, you know.
    >See what it recommends for its users. And it ain't MWAS, for those that
    >can still download updates.
    >
    >Beta software dude. Even if it was the next best thing since sliced
    >bread, Beta software should not be recommended for use by the average
    >user, and getting them used to using Betas. Its called Beta for a
    >reason, as a warning that it is NOT ready for use on mission critical
    >systems. Beta software is software that is in testing.
    >
    >And MWAS is NOT that great from my own testing. It finds false
    >positives, it recommends users to ignore KNOWN spyware, and it is
    >totally bloated, just like the rest of MS's Middleware!
    >
    >And since MS is at the very least for creating the environment that
    >allowed for the exponential growth of malware of all kinds after
    >negligently ignoring security in its OS development for over a decade, I
    >am smart enough not to rely of MS to treat the symptoms of the disease
    >they helped to grow!
    >
    >And MS is the big fat target of malware writers around the world, and
    >the new ones are all looking to make their bones hitting the big fat
    >target of Microsoft.
    >
    >But please, you and all your MicroFanatic buddies be my guest and rely
    >on MS to protect you computers!

    MS Antispyware is FREE. Don't use it if you don't like it.
    Quit bitching & use Linux if you despise MS so much.
  44. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    jimpgh2002 wrote:

    > MS Antispyware is FREE. Don't use it if you don't like it.

    I don't. I've tested it and found it to be a bloated POS.

    > Quit bitching

    Why? I'm sure that's about what Parliament told Ben Franklin.

    > & use Linux if you despise MS so much.

    I'm in the long process of switching. Obviously you didn't read the

    But even once I do totally switch over, I'll still stand up for my
    fellow consumers stuck in the evil web of Microsoft. And there ain't a
    damned thing you can do about it.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  45. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:59:42 -0400, "kurttrail"
    <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    >jimpgh2002 wrote:
    >
    >> MS Antispyware is FREE. Don't use it if you don't like it.
    >
    >I don't. I've tested it and found it to be a bloated POS.
    >
    >> Quit bitching
    >
    >Why? I'm sure that's about what Parliament told Ben Franklin.

    You're comparing your moaning on this NG to BF?

    >> & use Linux if you despise MS so much.
    >
    >I'm in the long process of switching. Obviously you didn't read the

    Obviously. I got tired of hearing you whine.

    >But even once I do totally switch over, I'll still stand up for my
    >fellow consumers stuck in the evil web of Microsoft.

    Nobody is "stuck"...there are other options.

    > And there ain't a
    >damned thing you can do about it.

    How old are you...12?
  46. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    jimpgh2002 wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:59:42 -0400, "kurttrail"
    > <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
    >
    >> jimpgh2002 wrote:
    >>
    >>> MS Antispyware is FREE. Don't use it if you don't like it.
    >>
    >> I don't. I've tested it and found it to be a bloated POS.
    >>
    >>> Quit bitching
    >>
    >> Why? I'm sure that's about what Parliament told Ben Franklin.
    >>
    > You're comparing your moaning on this NG to BF?

    One man's bitchin' is another's exercise of Free Speech. Don't like it,
    move to China. MS helps the Chinese gov't censor free speech.

    >>> & use Linux if you despise MS so much.
    >>
    >> I'm in the long process of switching. Obviously you didn't read the
    >
    > Obviously. I got tired of hearing you whine.

    Or you have ADD.

    >> But even once I do totally switch over, I'll still stand up for my
    >> fellow consumers stuck in the evil web of Microsoft.
    >
    > Nobody is "stuck"...there are other options.

    LOL! Not for the average consumer already tied into Windows by their
    hardware, non-MS software, and their computer education up to this
    point.

    I'm learning Linux, and I'm more computer literate than the average
    consumer, but I don't see myself being fully ready to move totally to
    Linux for at least two years.

    >> And there ain't a
    >> damned thing you can do about it.
    >
    > How old are you...12?

    Probably older than you. What don't you get? You're whining about what
    you percieve to be my "bitching." I'd much rather be a bitch, than a
    whiner.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  47. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:47:55 -0400, "kurttrail"
    <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    >jimpgh2002 wrote:
    >> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:59:42 -0400, "kurttrail"
    >> <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    >>> I don't. I've tested it and found it to be a bloated POS.

    >>> Why? I'm sure that's about what Parliament told Ben Franklin.
    >>>
    >> You're comparing your moaning on this NG to BF?
    >
    >One man's bitchin' is another's exercise of Free Speech. Don't like it,
    >move to China. MS helps the Chinese gov't censor free speech.

    >>> I'm in the long process of switching. Obviously you didn't read the
    >>
    >> Obviously. I got tired of hearing you whine.
    >
    >Or you have ADD.
    >

    >>> But even once I do totally switch over, I'll still stand up for my
    >>> fellow consumers stuck in the evil web of Microsoft.
    >>
    >> Nobody is "stuck"...there are other options.
    >
    >LOL! Not for the average consumer already tied into Windows by their
    >hardware, non-MS software, and their computer education up to this
    >point.
    >
    >I'm learning Linux, and I'm more computer literate than the average
    >consumer, but I don't see myself being fully ready to move totally to
    >Linux for at least two years.
    >
    >>> And there ain't a
    >>> damned thing you can do about it.
    >>
    >> How old are you...12?
    >
    >Probably older than you.

    Probably not. I've been on the internet since before Al Gore
    invented it.

    >What don't you get? You're whining about what
    >you percieve to be my "bitching."

    Hardly. You've done tons of bitching in this NG before I even
    mentioned it.

    > I'd much rather be a bitch, than a
    >whiner.
    If that's your goal, you're succeeding.
  48. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    jimpgh2002 wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:47:55 -0400, "kurttrail"
    > <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
    >
    >> jimpgh2002 wrote:

    >>> You're comparing your moaning on this NG to BF?
    >>
    >> One man's bitchin' is another's exercise of Free Speech. Don't like
    >> it, move to China. MS helps the Chinese gov't censor free speech.

    >>> Obviously. I got tired of hearing you whine.
    >>
    >> Or you have ADD.

    >>> Nobody is "stuck"...there are other options.
    >>
    >> LOL! Not for the average consumer already tied into Windows by their
    >> hardware, non-MS software, and their computer education up to this
    >> point.
    >>
    >> I'm learning Linux, and I'm more computer literate than the average
    >> consumer, but I don't see myself being fully ready to move totally to
    >> Linux for at least two years.

    >>> How old are you...12?
    >>
    >> Probably older than you.
    >
    > Probably not. I've been on the internet since before Al Gore
    > invented it.

    And I was calling the computer the devil long before that.

    >> What don't you get? You're whining about what
    >> you percieve to be my "bitching."
    >
    > Hardly. You've done tons of bitching in this NG before I even
    > mentioned it.

    Again, SO?! The Declaration of Independence was a list of the bitches
    that the Continental Congress had with England! But whining is just
    being annoying for the sake of being annoying.

    >> I'd much rather be a bitch, than a
    >> whiner.
    >
    > If that's your goal, you're succeeding.

    No, it's a preference. But if you had an actual understanding of
    English, you would have know that from what I wrote.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  49. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:13:06 -0400, "kurttrail"
    <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    >jimpgh2002 wrote:
    >> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:47:55 -0400, "kurttrail"
    >> <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    >>> One man's bitchin' is another's exercise of Free Speech. Don't like
    >>> it, move to China. MS helps the Chinese gov't censor free speech.

    >>> Or you have ADD.

    >>> LOL! Not for the average consumer already tied into Windows by their
    >>> hardware, non-MS software, and their computer education up to this
    >>> point.
    >>>
    >>> I'm learning Linux, and I'm more computer literate than the average
    >>> consumer, but I don't see myself being fully ready to move totally to
    >>> Linux for at least two years.

    >>> Probably older than you.
    >>
    >> Probably not. I've been on the internet since before Al Gore
    >> invented it.
    >
    >And I was calling the computer the devil long before that.
    >

    >>> What don't you get? You're whining about what
    >>> you percieve to be my "bitching."
    >>
    >> Hardly. You've done tons of bitching in this NG before I even
    >> mentioned it.
    >
    >Again, SO?! The Declaration of Independence was a list of the bitches
    >that the Continental Congress had with England! But whining is just
    >being annoying for the sake of being annoying.
    >

    >>> I'd much rather be a bitch, than a
    >>> whiner.
    >>
    >> If that's your goal, you're succeeding.
    >
    >No, it's a preference. But if you had an actual understanding of
    >English, you would have know that from what I wrote.

    If YOU had an actual understanding of English, you would have
    used the word "known" instead of "know" in that last sentence.

Microsoft Windows XP