Up(down)loading ROM from(to) Palm

October 2, 2004 1:03:39 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.os.palm,alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

How can i (if at all) upload my PalmVx ROM as a file to PC (back-up),
and then (if need be) flash it back into Palm.

TIA

More about : loading rom palm

Anonymous
October 2, 2004 8:28:34 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.os.palm,alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

On 2 Oct 2004 09:03:39 -0700, Arcady had this to say...

> How can i (if at all) upload my PalmVx ROM as a file to PC (back-up),
> and then (if need be) flash it back into Palm.
>
> TIA

No need;
<http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/palm_older....;

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

skorokhod@cwazy.co.uk (Arcady) wrote in news:1f7fcb9c.0410020803.5a2d6a27
@posting.google.com:

> How can i (if at all) upload my PalmVx ROM as a file to PC (back-up),
> and then (if need be) flash it back into Palm.
>
> TIA

JackSprat does that, if you're willing to pay.

--
Regards,

Stan
Related resources
October 3, 2004 2:43:35 AM

On 02 Oct 2004 22:43:34 GMT, Stan Gosnell <me@work.com> jumped in and
said:

>skorokhod@cwazy.co.uk (Arcady) wrote in news:1f7fcb9c.0410020803.5a2d6a27
>@posting.google.com:
>
>> How can i (if at all) upload my PalmVx ROM as a file to PC (back-up),
>> and then (if need be) flash it back into Palm.
>>
>> TIA
>
>JackSprat does that, if you're willing to pay.

The version of JackSpart I have requires an expansion card.

--
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Anonymous

Bruno <insert@address.here> wrote in

> The version of JackSpart I have requires an expansion card.

Well, I said you have to pay. Once it's on a card, it's easy enough to put
it on a PC.

--
Regards,

Stan
October 3, 2004 3:03:57 AM

On 02 Oct 2004 23:03:56 GMT, Stan Gosnell <me@work.com> jumped in and
said:

>Bruno <insert@address.here> wrote in
>
>> The version of JackSpart I have requires an expansion card.
>
>Well, I said you have to pay. Once it's on a card, it's easy enough to put
>it on a PC.

The OP has a Palm Vx.

--
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 9:17:51 AM

Stan Gosnell <me@work.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9576B45145854mework@204.52.135.40>...
> skorokhod@cwazy.co.uk (Arcady) wrote in news:1f7fcb9c.0410020803.5a2d6a27
> @posting.google.com:
>
> > How can i (if at all) upload my PalmVx ROM as a file to PC (back-up),
> > and then (if need be) flash it back into Palm.
> >
> > TIA
>
> JackSprat does that, if you're willing to pay.

Stan,

First, it was my fault to send my replay to your private address
rather then the group. Sorry.
Now concerning the problem, I checked JackSprat and it seems to be
exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. (Not sure I will go for it,
though, since I expected there were some readily available program
sitting among other stuff that came with the Palm.)

Arcady
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 10:02:07 AM

> First, it was my fault to send my replay to your private address
> rather then the group. Sorry.

Not a problem. I never saw it, because I don't post a real email address
on newsgroups. Feel free to send anything you like to my listed address.
;-)

--
Regards,

Stan