Cannot send E-mail

For the past week I can't send but can still receive e-mail
Error message:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop3.email.msn.com',
Server: 'smtp.email.msn.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Please help, Max
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot send mail

    Same problem here - after many calls to tech support I discovered that
    msn had reconfigured my account for http.

    Delete your pop3 msn account and set up an http account in outlook
    express using the server location
    http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata this will allow oe to
    access the http server and download the folders

    your log on would be youremailaddress@msn.com and the password is the
    same

    I am having the same problem. I am receiving the e-mails, but when I attempt
    to click on and respond, I don't get anything. Not even an error message.
    Please help.
    --
    KC CLINTON

    "maxinaz" wrote:

    > For the past week I can't send but can still receive e-mail
    > Error message:
    > The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop3.email.msn.com',
    > Server: 'smtp.email.msn.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
    > Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
    >
    > Please help, Max

    Go to tools, accounts, properties, advanced.......Increase server time outs

    Max
    "Weasel" <Weasel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am having the same problem. I am receiving the e-mails, but when I
    >attempt
    > to click on and respond, I don't get anything. Not even an error message.
    > Please help.
    > --
    > KC CLINTON
    >

    > "maxinaz" wrote:
    >
    >> For the past week I can't send but can still receive e-mail
    >> Error message:
    >> The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop3.email.msn.com',
    >> Server: 'smtp.email.msn.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
    >> Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
    >>
    >> Please help, Max

MSN SMTP Email Servers Windows XP