"Use simple File Sharing" (recommended) with checkbox is m..

Hello
in my windows xp home the option "Use simple File Sharing (recommended)"
with its checkbox ( in Show tab of the folder options of explorer) is
missig at all. How do I get it again??? Whats happening?
Thanks
MIchael
3 answers Last reply
More about simple file sharing recommended checkbox

    Is your hard drive formatted FAT32 or NTFS?

    "Your hard drive must be formatted NTFS for this tab to show up."

    How Do I Get the Security tab in Folder Properties?
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_security_tab.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    Converting FAT32 to NTFS in Windows XP
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/ntfscvt.htm

    [Courtesy of Alex Nichol, MS-MVP]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Michael Dirksen" wrote:

    | Hello
    | in my windows xp home the option "Use simple File Sharing (recommended)"
    | with its checkbox ( in Show tab of the folder options of explorer) is
    | missig at all. How do I get it again??? Whats happening?
    | Thanks
    | MIchael

    XP Home can only use Simple File Sharing. The option to change it exists
    only in XP Pro.
    --

    "Michael Dirksen" <Heirichsen@web.de> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > in my windows xp home the option "Use simple File Sharing (recommended)"
    > with its checkbox ( in Show tab of the folder options of explorer) is
    > missig at all. How do I get it again??? Whats happening?
    > Thanks
    > MIchael

    Michael,

    There is no this option in Home version.

    --
    Mikhail Zhilin
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    wrote:

    >Hello
    >in my windows xp home the option "Use simple File Sharing (recommended)"
    >with its checkbox ( in Show tab of the folder options of explorer) is
    >missig at all. How do I get it again??? Whats happening?
    >Thanks
    >MIchael

File Sharing Microsoft Windows XP