Using TV with computer.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
I have recently acquired a Samsung 32" LCD TV (Click for link). It has a VGA port, as well as 3 HDMI Ports (One being used for my PS3), S-Video, and Component, as well as the old school A/V Hookups. I tried attaching the TV via the VGA port to the second port on my Video Card (Evga GeForce 8800GTS), just for the purpose of being able to switch to the TV for the purpose of watching movies off of my computer. I tried quickly before I left town (Will be back in 5 days), and it wasn't recognized. Do I just need to restart my computer with the TV plugged in, or is there a more advanced method required to get it working? Thanks.

ben_69

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
finally found something that sounds like my actuall problem lol, i just bought a 42" Hisense LCD HD-TV it also has all the port/connection that are mentioned above so i connected a VGA cord into my computer then into my TV but the TV and the computer both say that they can not recognise anything connected, i believe the problem lies with the fact that the vga connection is an inbuilt one on my mother board and when i put a new graphics card in (asus GeForse 8800gts) and d/l the drivers for that it may have cancelled out the vga connection or/ i havent installed drivers for the VGA but sinced its in built i thought it would just be with the motherboard , im quite perplexed is there anyway to force recognise from either end or d/l something or buy something, hopefully this kickstarts some help for the both of us.
p.s.computer runs on windows xp if that info thats needed
cheers