Windows 7 64 blue screen

REDODIN7

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Hello,
I have a problem with my laptop the screen became white and black lines and then restart after that i choose safe mode and when windows start this message was appeared :

Problem details:
Name of the problem : BlueScreen
Operating System Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Local settings ID: 1032

More informations about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8006C15028
BCP3: 00000000BE000000
BCP4: 0000000000800400
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

The translation is from me because me OS language is Greek i hope that you can understand the problem and help .
Anyway thanks for the time you spent

Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb725851.aspx

Given the video issues you mentioned before the blue screen appears, the video chip on the motherboard is probably faulty. If your laptop is still under warranty, contact the manufacturer to arrange to have the laptop serviced. If it is out of warranty, you're probably going to need a new laptop.

REDODIN7

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
The laptop is brand new i have it only 20 days .
How unlucky am i , i had bought an Acer with a hardware problem and i changed to a Toshiba for better :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
So is it a software problem from Windows that i can do a System Restore or Format or is it a hardware problem ?

REDODIN7

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
I just received an Email from Toshiba Support Center from Greece and they say that the problem is a software problem and the warranty can not help .
They suggest me to reinstall Windows , so i am a little confused what to do :( :( :( :(

Reinstall Windows using the restore disks from Toshiba (I assume you still have them), and then boot into normal mode, then safe mode to see if you get the same problem. I'm calling tech support BS on this one. That's a really lazy answer from their tech support who didn't appear to want to do their job that day.

Out of curiosity, did you phone their tech support, and then get that email response? Or did you email them?

REDODIN7

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
I will wait to see if it happens again if it happen i will remove the 64bit version and i will install 32bit , maybe i will lose a little memory but i wiill win more stability or i think so :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:
I sent an email at Toshiba support Center yerterday late at night and they call me the next day , i want to believe that their opinion is wright and not on purpose because they were lazy :) :) :) :)

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
What's your laptop? Does it have an nvidia video card?

Recently I was experiencing blue screens with my 7600gt with the Win 7 default drivers, and 196.xx drivers. The quickest solution was to rollback to 195.xx drivers.

REDODIN7

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Sorry for taking so long to answer again , finally i think i have found the solution .
I restore Windows to the point that were before Windows last critical update , the laptop is running at least 12 hours a day for 6 days now and all seems to be fine :) :) :) :) :) .
I think maybe the problem caused because the laptop is fairly new and have some issues with the 64bit version

RichieT

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
I just had a blue screen. After restarting, I went to the site of the motherboard manufacture's site and downloaded the newest chip-set drivers specifically for the model motherboard and version of Windows I'm using. I'm running Window 7/64 Ultimate. Windows has drivers, but they're NOT specific for the model motherboard. Blue screen is a hardware issue. not a software issue. It happens before Windows even starts to load. I'm registered with Microsoft to play with beta software before it's officially released. I played with Windows XP/64 beta for a year. Office 2010, and Windows 7 service pack 1 while they were still beta versions. On some boards, after installing XP service pack 1, they wouldn't even boot with the original drivers. Hardware stop's working, up-date the system.