Can't Unzip!!? HELP!

I have upgraded from windows 2000 to windows xp pro and i dont have the
extract files option in the right click menu and xp is not recognizing
the zip files they have icons as unrecognizned instead, do i need to
turn the service on? since i had winzip with 2000? i uninstalled winzip
btw it must have been set as my default zip program how do i turn xp's
back on? thanks for your help

--
Nivekc1
2 answers Last reply

    Tell me all about the file. Mabye that's the problem.

    "Nivekc1" wrote:

    > I have upgraded from windows 2000 to windows xp pro and i dont have the
    > extract files option in the right click menu and xp is not recognizing
    > the zip files they have icons as unrecognizned instead, do i need to
    > turn the service on? since i had winzip with 2000? i uninstalled winzip
    > btw it must have been set as my default zip program how do i turn xp's
    > back on? thanks for your help
    >

    > --
    > Nivekc1

    Do they open if double clicked? If so type in Start Run
    regsvr32 zipfldr

    and you probably also need to type to repair cab files from Winzip

    regsvr32 cabview

    "Nivekc1" <Nivekc1.1soppn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:Nivekc1.1soppn@pcbanter.net...

    > I have upgraded from windows 2000 to windows xp pro and i dont have the
    > extract files option in the right click menu and xp is not recognizing
    > the zip files they have icons as unrecognizned instead, do i need to
    > turn the service on? since i had winzip with 2000? i uninstalled winzip
    > btw it must have been set as my default zip program how do i turn xp's
    > back on? thanks for your help
    >

    > --
    > Nivekc1

Windows 2000 Windows XP