Can't Unzip!!? HELP!

I have upgraded from windows 2000 to windows xp pro and i dont have the
extract files option in the right click menu and xp is not recognizing
the zip files they have icons as unrecognizned instead, do i need to
turn the service on? since i had winzip with 2000? i uninstalled winzip
btw it must have been set as my default zip program how do i turn xp's
back on? thanks for your help

--
Nivekc1

Tell me all about the file. Mabye that's the problem.

"Nivekc1" wrote:

> I have upgraded from windows 2000 to windows xp pro and i dont have the
> extract files option in the right click menu and xp is not recognizing
> the zip files they have icons as unrecognizned instead, do i need to
> turn the service on? since i had winzip with 2000? i uninstalled winzip
> btw it must have been set as my default zip program how do i turn xp's
> back on? thanks for your help
>

> --
> Nivekc1

Do they open if double clicked? If so type in Start Run
regsvr32 zipfldr

and you probably also need to type to repair cab files from Winzip

regsvr32 cabview