problem repairing xp when installing devices

Tags:
  • Devices
  • Windows XP
July 24, 2005 3:10:01 PM

Hi,
I have a multiboot sytem, ie two xp home installs on seperat partitions.
I noticed that when I tryed to boot to one of the operating systems the
machine would keep re-booting during boot up so decided to run a repair. As
it installs the new operating system, it gets to installing new devices with
34mins to go, the screen goes black and it stops. Any ideas???

More about : problem repairing installing devices

July 25, 2005 11:22:47 AM

Robbybobs wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a multiboot sytem, ie two xp home installs on seperat
> partitions. I noticed that when I tryed to boot to one of the
> operating systems the machine would keep re-booting during boot up so
> decided to run a repair. As it installs the new operating system, it
> gets to installing new devices with 34mins to go, the screen goes
> black and it stops. Any ideas???

Setup stops responding with 34 minutes remaining -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828267&Product=winxp

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers