Replacment Windows XP Disc

francis

Hello all,

I was wondering if it is possible to order a replacement Windows XP disc
from Microsoft.

I have a valid Windows XP key, but my CD is damaged. It shows a "Cyclic
Redundancy Check Error" during the installation. Is there another way to
fix this?

Thanks,

Francis

In news:ujm1A0IkFHA.3736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Francis <noemail@server.com> typed:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to order a replacement
> Windows XP
> disc from Microsoft.
>
> I have a valid Windows XP key, but my CD is damaged. It shows
> "Cyclic Redundancy Check Error" during the installation. Is
> there
> another way to fix this?

If yours was a retail version, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246.

But if it was an OEM version, Microsoft won't support it and
you're probably out of luck. However it doesn't hurt to try
asking the OEM you bought it from if they can replace it.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Francis wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to order a replacement Windows XP disc
> from Microsoft.
>
> I have a valid Windows XP key, but my CD is damaged. It shows a "Cyclic
> Redundancy Check Error" during the installation. Is there another way to
> fix this?

If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

If it was an OEM license, you should contact the computer's
manufacturer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: