Closed Solved

Panasonic NV-GS50 Tape Transfer to PC problem

I have a Panasonic NV-GS50 DVC Web Camera; I downloaded the USB connector driver from the internet Version 1.0.0.0; I have installed the driver on my PC (Windows XP professional) and the System Device Manager shows the driver as working correctly; I have a video tape with video content loaded in the Panasonic Web Camera; On my PC I have Microsoft Movie Maker Version 2.1.4026.0; I turn 'ON' the Panasonic Web Camera with the camera set to 'CAMERA' mode and I connect the USB cable to the PC; I Open Movie Maker and I select "Capture from video device" in Movie Maker (according to the instructions for transferring video on tape to PC); I select the "Panasonic DVC Web Camera" in the 'Available devices' window in Movie Maker; An error message apears which says: Digital video camera is not set correctly. Connect USB cable to your PC and set digital video camera to the [Web camera] mode. If ready, press the [OK] button. My camera power supply (battery) is fully charged. I have done everything that I believe is correct but i can't get past the error message and I am unable to transfer my video tape content. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about panasonic gs50 tape transfer problem
  1. Best answer
    Doesn't your video camera/camcorder have firewire output? This firewire output must be connected to your PC's firewire input. If you don't have firewire (I didn't) you must add a firewire card.

USB is generally too slow for video, and the technology is different from firewire.
  2. Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
  3. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Cameras Panasonic Movie Maker