Panasonic NV-GS50 Tape Transfer to PC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcgeough

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
I have a Panasonic NV-GS50 DVC Web Camera; I downloaded the USB connector driver from the internet Version 1.0.0.0; I have installed the driver on my PC (Windows XP professional) and the System Device Manager shows the driver as working correctly; I have a video tape with video content loaded in the Panasonic Web Camera; On my PC I have Microsoft Movie Maker Version 2.1.4026.0; I turn 'ON' the Panasonic Web Camera with the camera set to 'CAMERA' mode and I connect the USB cable to the PC; I Open Movie Maker and I select "Capture from video device" in Movie Maker (according to the instructions for transferring video on tape to PC); I select the "Panasonic DVC Web Camera" in the 'Available devices' window in Movie Maker; An error message apears which says: Digital video camera is not set correctly. Connect USB cable to your PC and set digital video camera to the [Web camera] mode. If ready, press the [OK] button. My camera power supply (battery) is fully charged. I have done everything that I believe is correct but i can't get past the error message and I am unable to transfer my video tape content. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
Doesn't your video camera/camcorder have firewire output? This firewire output must be connected to your PC's firewire input. If you don't have firewire (I didn't) you must add a firewire card.

USB is generally too slow for video, and the technology is different from firewire.
Doesn't your video camera/camcorder have firewire output? This firewire output must be connected to your PC's firewire input. If you don't have firewire (I didn't) you must add a firewire card.

USB is generally too slow for video, and the technology is different from firewire.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.