Why is the recycle bin set by percentage only in XP?

July 25, 2005 12:52:17 AM

This was a major oversight of Microsoft. On a 200-300gb HDD even 1% is
too much space to use for the recycle bin. Some people may like using
2-3gb on the recycle bin but I don't. If it had the option to set the
size in mb's there would be no need for this post. It's all about
options. Get with the program Bill.
July 25, 2005 12:53:29 AM

Fisher wrote:
> This was a major oversight of Microsoft. On a 200-300gb HDD even 1% is
> too much space to use for the recycle bin. Some people may like using
> 2-3gb on the recycle bin but I don't. If it had the option to set the
> size in mb's there would be no need for this post. It's all about
> options. Get with the program Bill.
I agree. But then again, I disabled my recycling bin completely ;)

--
Evil criminals don't just catch themselves, ya know. Except for Dr. Van
Kruglor's Self Catching robots. Those were just confusing.

True and the same applies to default setting for System Restore and
Temporary Internet files - absurdly bad programming.
--

"Fisher" <fisher@no_email.here> wrote in message
> This was a major oversight of Microsoft. On a 200-300gb HDD even 1% is
> too much space to use for the recycle bin. Some people may like using
> 2-3gb on the recycle bin but I don't. If it had the option to set the
> size in mb's there would be no need for this post. It's all about
> options. Get with the program Bill.
July 25, 2005 2:47:52 AM

Fisher wrote:

> This was a major oversight of Microsoft. On a 200-300gb HDD even 1% is
> too much space to use for the recycle bin. Some people may like using
> 2-3gb on the recycle bin but I don't. If it had the option to set the
> size in mb's there would be no need for this post. It's all about
> options. Get with the program Bill.

OK...don't be dumbed down! Percentages are easier for some
people to work with...viz., mainly those who do not wish to
be exact.
July 25, 2005 9:08:51 PM

Fisher wrote:

> This was a major oversight of Microsoft. On a 200-300gb HDD even 1% is
> too much space to use for the recycle bin. Some people may like using
> 2-3gb on the recycle bin but I don't. If it had the option to set the
> size in mb's there would be no need for this post. It's all about
> options. Get with the program Bill.

How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=114491

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:08:51 -0700, Rock <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote:

>How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program
>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=114491

Thanks, but...

The Knowledge Base (KB) Article You Requested Is Currently Not
Available
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 2:20:49 PM

TIF is being fixed. Don't know if they will change the UI but I know it now defaults to far, far too big and so stops working (the stop working part is being fixed). But TIF needs to be bigger than one biggest download so one can resume a interupted download. I note that downloads sizes have also grown quickly.

!