Special code needed for mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRMIKBRAN

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
:cry: :cry: :cry: Put a virgin mobile sim into my old motorola D368 phone and is now showing "wait to enter special code".... after approx 30 mins message changes to "enter special code now"... What is the special code .... OR ... From where can I obtain this 8 digit code? .. Thanks

G

Have a look at the packaging for the old phone and it should carry some unique codes like the IMEI but I think that's longer than 8 characters.

May be the PUK -- definitely call Virgin for help on that one because if you get the number wrong it'll lock you out and you may need to pay for a new SIM.

DRMIKBRAN

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
Thanks for your advice...... Unfortunately the packaging was discarded about 8yrs ago.... I have the IMEI ( it is 16 digits ) .... Have phoned Virgin , and they are unable to help ... looks like a new SIM ....... Thanks for taking the time to reply ...... Will leave this post open to see if anyone else can supply a brain wave reply.

DRMIKBRAN

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
A reply from DR.MIKRAN TO.....

Unfotunately your reply is totally "OFF THE POINT"...Surely the forum moderators must have the ability to detect
your STUPID reply.I do not know how to contact a moderator on this forum as yet , but maybe some more experienced member will do so when he or she reads your reply.

This reply by myself was intended for a rogue member , but it seems the moderators had stepped in and removed his daft OFF THE POINT reply.

Hope this makes sense to al decent members.

DRMIKBRAN

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
:hello: :hello: Dr. Mikbran himself here ..........
Gooday 2 all ..... For the forum members that are or were interested in this thread , I have discovered that my old unlocked Moto D368 is a 900mHz single band phone , and as such will take sims from O2 , ASDA , TESCO .. etc .. but will not work on a sim from Virgin ....... That snippet is for your memory banks.
Thanks for trying to help .

I AM NOW CLOSING THIS THREAD.

If there is an official method of closing a thread , WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO IT.

THANKS and BFN

Status
Not open for further replies.