No Windows 7, Yes Windows XP??

Driv5r

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Can anyone help with this?
I have some hardware problem with my pc, can't figure out what's wrong.

When I boot Windows 7, it freezes on startup always at the same time (when the animation is finishing). I reinstall, same thing happens, which confirms it's not software related.

Now the strange thing is that when I install Windows XP, it still freezes at startup, but after waiting for a few minutes it resumes and the systems boots successfully. No problems after that.

It's certainly a hardware related problem. This all started after the system fan stopped working a while ago and I kept using the PC for a week without it. Yes, I know that was bad. But then I got the PSU replaced and the PC worked fine for a month or so. Now it's the same again. I can use Windows XP (freezes at startup, but the comes back and boots) but Windows 7 won't work, it just freezes 'forever'. :(

P.S. Yes the system does meet the minimum requirements to use Windows 7, before I would run it just fine.

Driv5r

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

Nothing in device manager, but the dvd-drive doesn't work anymore at all. It has power and the drive opens, but the computer doesn't recognize it at all and doesn't read anything from it. This started recently though.