[40k] A Tale of RGMW Gamers - Month 1 summary

And now for 40k:

GLSwanson (Tau)

Shas'el: plasma rifle, missile pod, multitracker, 2 shield drones
2 Shas'vre: plasma rifle, missile pod, multitracker
12 Fire Warriors including Shas'ui
12 Kroot
8 Gun Drones

Total: 577pts
Saved: US$10

Tim/Helicon One (Daemonhunters):

Inquisitor Lord: plasma pistol.
Retinue - 3 Warrior Henchmen: Hellgun, frag & krak grenades, targeter
7 Storm Troopers: flamer
5 Grey Knights including Justicar: incinerator.

Total: 315pts (approx.)
Saved: £6

jockelinde (Chaos Space Marines - Death Guard)

7 Plague Marines: plasma gun, Aspiring Champion
7 Plague Marines: plasma gun, Aspiring Champion
7 Plague Bearers

Total: 398pts
Saved: -£4

Xis (Necrons)

Necron Lord
10 Necron Warriors
10 Necron Warriors
5 Scarab Swarms
3 Necron Destroyers

Total: 670pts
Saved: US$10

John Hwang (Tau)

Shas'el: Twin plasma rifles, ?
12 Fire Warriors
12 Kroot
8 Gun Drones
2 Broadside Battlesuits

Total: 514pts
Saved: -US$10

Ken Coble (Lost and the Damned)

Arch Heretic: Mark of Nurgle, bolter, plague sword
4 Big Mutants including Big Boss with heavy stubber: heavy stubber
15 Traitors: grenade launcher
18 Plague Zombies

+ 6 Plague Marines, 5 Cadians, 2 Zombies

Total: 499 pts
Saved: -US$4.30

Six 40k gamers and five WFB gamers - interest seems to be much the same for
both systems. There's more disparity in relative points values here than among
the WFB selections, at least partly because half of the 40k armies are all
metal. It's interesting to note, though, that in general WFB seems to give you
more points for your cash than 40k - though this is probably because in the
armies selected so far there are more characters in the WFB armies and no
vehicles gobbling points in the 40k ones.

Philip Bowles

P Bowles wrote:
> And now for 40k:
<snip>
> Ken Coble (Lost and the Damned)
>
> Arch Heretic: Mark of Nurgle, bolter, plague sword
> 4 Big Mutants including Big Boss with heavy stubber: heavy stubber
> 15 Traitors: grenade launcher
> 18 Plague Zombies
>
> + 6 Plague Marines, 5 Cadians, 2 Zombies
>
> Total: 499 pts
> Saved: -US$4.30

Well, upon further reflection I think that Army Builder doesn't handle
pricing for LatD Arch Heretics correctly. Doing the math myself it looks
like the point cost it gave me (67) is using the "aspiring champ" point cost
for both the Mark of Nurgle and the Plague Sword. This means my Arch
Heretic should cost 82 points, so I'd have to drop 2 Plague Zombies to make
it in under 500 pts - at 16 Plague Zombies the list comes out at 496 points.
Just in case anyone was keeping score at home... This does very, very
slightly change my Month 2 plan, which I'll post once I triple-check it.

--
Ken Coble

Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
-Kaiser Wilhelm

pbowles@aol.com (P Bowles)
>John Hwang (Tau)
>
>Shas'el: Twin plasma rifles, ?

HW Drone controller, Shield Drone.

>12 Fire Warriors

VS w/ Markerlight, HW splitfire

>12 Kroot
>8 Gun Drones

Only 5 Gun Drones

>2 Broadside Battlesuits

VS, w/ HW Drone, 2 Shield Drones.

>Total: 514pts
>Saved: -US$10

Month 2:

Hammerhead ($40).

--
--- John Hwang "JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com"
\-|-/

In article <20050107230550.21909.00002971@mb-m06.news.cs.com>,
johnhwangcsi@cs.com.no.com (John Hwang) writes:

>>Shas'el: Twin plasma rifles, ?
>
>HW Drone controller, Shield Drone.

If the controller's hard-wired, what's the third hardpoint system? A shield
generator?

>>12 Fire Warriors
>
>VS w/ Markerlight, HW splitfire

Target lock

>>12 Kroot
>>8 Gun Drones
>
>Only 5 Gun Drones

Okay.

>>2 Broadside Battlesuits
>
>VS, w/ HW Drone, 2 Shield Drones.
>
>>Total: 514pts
>>Saved: -US$10
>
>Month 2:
>
>Hammerhead ($40).

Right, my list has been duly updated. As and when my Tau army ever gets
expanded (right now I'm thinking that the only purchases I'll be making in the
foreseeable future will be those needed to neaten my Lizardmen collection into
a playable 2,000pt army), a Hammerhead will be my next addition too.

Philip Bowles

TRENDING THREADS