8<Snip>8

See:

http://gamefest.com/product_info.php/products_id/1343

Also:

http://www.gamefest.com/news/preview_detail/1777_0_5_0_C/

HTH

Playa

--

"We have adorned the lowest skies with lamps, and We have made them
missiles to drive away the devils and against the stone Satans, and for
them we have prepared the doom of Hell and the penalty of torment in
the most intense Blazing Fire."
- Qur'an 67:5

"Chris Valera" <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> (Trusting googlegroups again...)
>
> Kinda kewl:

It's nice to see the models this time, even if they are too small to make
out. A previous link, with the same information, didn't include any content
shots. I've been meaning to get down to my local and have a look on the
shelf (I'm told it's hit the Aussie shops now.) Still, word is that it's
going for over au$100 which just kills the erection for me, straight away.
--
Jon Hedge,
"The chances are, I said it in jest."

First time e-mails should be tagged [RGMW] to make it through my spam
filter.

RGMW FAQ @ http://www.rgmw.org

Jon Hedge entered the world pub known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and
said...

http://jimac.tripod.com/Scan000163.jpg

--
Jim M
posted on this day, the 4141st of September 1993

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)

http://jimac.tripod.com

"Playa" <hurlgen40k@aol.com> wrote in message
> Jon Hedge wrote:
>> "Chris Valera" <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<snip urls>

First up, thanks for doing my googling for me, that's 3kb I can better use
on downloads of Myr's hair.
Second up, I don't care for those models at all. As for the
photographer...who photographs a mass of miniatures IN A BAG for official
promo photos? Senseless. I had a soft spot for the older Doom board game,
although I've kicked myself time and time again for never buying up the
models when they were going cheap at the game's demise.

Thanks for the photos, though.
--

"Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

> http://jimac.tripod.com/Scan000163.jpg
>
> --

Well that looks *slightly* better than the other links I've been sent.
Perhaps a base to work from with a bit of green stuff. Speaking of colours,
why-oh-why did they cast the models in awful colours? Don't Doom players
bother painting their figures?
--
Jon Hedge,
"The chances are, I said it in jest."

First time e-mails should be tagged [RGMW] to make it through my spam
filter.

RGMW FAQ @ http://www.rgmw.org

Jon Hedge entered the world pub known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and
said...

> "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > http://jimac.tripod.com/Scan000163.jpg
> >
> > --
>
> Well that looks *slightly* better than the other links I've been sent.
> Perhaps a base to work from with a bit of green stuff. Speaking of colours,
> why-oh-why did they cast the models in awful colours? Don't Doom players
> bother painting their figures?

If I find that promo flier I have then I will scan it and post a link, that
picture was a crop from the magazine ad in Comics & Games Retailer.

--

Jon Hedge wrote:
> "Playa" <hurlgen40k@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Jon Hedge wrote:
> >> "Chris Valera" <grimdarkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> <snip urls>

8<And more . . . >8

> thanks for doing my googling for me

You're welcome. Thanks for the incentive.

Your post made me realize that I too wished a better look.

> I don't care for those models at all.

They're not too bad. What's your basis for comparison?

> who photographs a mass of miniatures IN A BAG

The sequence simulated a virtual unpacking of the box set.

I thought it was a nice touch.

> Senseless.

Not strictly necessary perhaps, but I wouldn't say 'irrational'.

I do wish there were some scale cues in the photos, though.

As a Chaos player, some of the invader minis offer possibilities . . .

Playa

--

"Tell me where is fancy bred,
Or in the heart or in the head?"

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 14:16:09 +1100, "Jon Hedge" <ihug.com.au@dopefish>
wrote:

>Well that looks *slightly* better than the other links I've been sent.
>Perhaps a base to work from with a bit of green stuff. Speaking of colours,
>why-oh-why did they cast the models in awful colours? Don't Doom players
>bother painting their figures?

That's because of the rules. You only have an equivalent number of
"demons" in one game to players. And to make it easier player and
enemy are color-coded.

--
SunDancer
All your squigs are belongz to me!