freecell

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 15, 2004 2:51:27 PM

I recently had freecell that comes with windows start
saying that it had performed an illegal operation. I tried
removing the accessories and re-installing them. I found
my Norton to be expired, renewed it and ran a scan, but
none of this helped and the scan didn't turn up any
viruses. Is ther a way to get the version back that was
included with my windows 98 second edition? I have
considered upgrading to xp or 2000 to make it more secure
and stable, but what can anyone suggest? Perplexed

More about : freecell

Anonymous
April 15, 2004 6:37:36 PM

Anonymous
April 18, 2004 4:24:21 PM

Hi Patrick,

Maybe you missed a step when you tried to restore the games.
Here is the procedure to uninstall or reinstall Windows Games:

Click START / Settings / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs /
Click on the Windows Setup tab and double-click Accessories.
Uncheck and then recheck the box beside Games Click OK twice.

You might be asked for your Windows CD to complete the install. :-)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

!