freecell

I recently had freecell that comes with windows start
saying that it had performed an illegal operation. I tried
removing the accessories and re-installing them. I found
my Norton to be expired, renewed it and ran a scan, but
none of this helped and the scan didn't turn up any
viruses. Is ther a way to get the version back that was
included with my windows 98 second edition? I have
considered upgrading to xp or 2000 to make it more secure
and stable, but what can anyone suggest? Perplexed
2 answers Last reply
More about freecell
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi Patrick,

    Maybe you missed a step when you tried to restore the games.
    Here is the procedure to uninstall or reinstall Windows Games:

    Click START / Settings / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs /
    Click on the Windows Setup tab and double-click Accessories.
    Uncheck and then recheck the box beside Games Click OK twice.

    You might be asked for your Windows CD to complete the install. :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Patrick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d17101c42312$46bfb990$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    |I recently had freecell that comes with windows start
    | saying that it had performed an illegal operation. I tried
    | removing the accessories and re-installing them. I found
    | my Norton to be expired, renewed it and ran a scan, but
    | none of this helped and the scan didn't turn up any
    | viruses. Is ther a way to get the version back that was
    | included with my windows 98 second edition? I have
    | considered upgrading to xp or 2000 to make it more secure
    | and stable, but what can anyone suggest? Perplexed

Video Games