Trouble shooting boot problems

Is there any way to find out what hardware, software or driver is crashing
the windows boot process, that includes Safe Mode and Normal startup?
1 answer Last reply
More about trouble shooting boot problems

    Start here, Roger:

    How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
    How to Use Clean Boot Troubleshooting for Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_conflicts.htm

    How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
    Starting
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q307545

    How to Disable a Service that Prevents Windows XP from Booting
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q244/9/05.asp

    Use System Files to Create a Boot Disk to Guard Against Being Unable to
    Start Win XP

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q308427

    And also:

    Go to Start/Run/Msinfo32/Hardware Resources, Components/Problem Devices and
    Software Environment/Windows Error Reporting.

    Go to Help and Support/Pick a Task (left side)/Use Tools to view.../(left
    pane)My Computer Information/(right pane)View the status of my system
    hardware and software/Hardware/Update and Troubleshooters.

    How to Troubleshoot Hardware and Software Driver Problems
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q322205

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP

    "RogerP" <RogerP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to find out what hardware, software or driver is crashing
    > the windows boot process, that includes Safe Mode and Normal startup?

Hardware Safe Mode Boot Microsoft Software Windows XP