Dowloading Windows Media Player 10

I have been trying to download Windows Media Player 10 and have been
unsuccessful. I keep being told that "Some of your licenses were not moved
appropriately. This might prevent you from playing some of your protected
files." It then tells me to restart my computer and try to download again. It
still doesn't work.

Any ideas? I need help. Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about dowloading windows media player

    Before you take my advice listen to an MVP. I think you should uninstall
    other Windows Media players first. Then try from microsoft's website.

    "Jeff" wrote:

    > I have been trying to download Windows Media Player 10 and have been
    > unsuccessful. I keep being told that "Some of your licenses were not moved
    > appropriately. This might prevent you from playing some of your protected
    > files." It then tells me to restart my computer and try to download again. It
    > still doesn't work.
    >
    > Any ideas? I need help. Thanks!

    Launch your current Windows Media Player and from
    the Toolbar select: Help > Check For Player Updates...

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Jeff" wrote:

    | I have been trying to download Windows Media Player 10 and have been
    | unsuccessful. I keep being told that "Some of your licenses were not moved
    | appropriately. This might prevent you from playing some of your protected
    | files." It then tells me to restart my computer and try to download again. It
    | still doesn't work.
    |
    | Any ideas? I need help. Thanks!

    Thanks, Carey!! I'll give it a try.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Launch your current Windows Media Player and from
    > the Toolbar select: Help > Check For Player Updates...
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Jeff" wrote:
    >
    > | I have been trying to download Windows Media Player 10 and have been
    > | unsuccessful. I keep being told that "Some of your licenses were not moved
    > | appropriately. This might prevent you from playing some of your protected
    > | files." It then tells me to restart my computer and try to download again. It
    > | still doesn't work.
    > |
    > | Any ideas? I need help. Thanks!

    Before you continue to upgrade, you should backup your DRM
    (Digital Rights Management) licenses. You didn't mention which
    WMedia Player is currently on your PC, but from Tools, there
    should be an option for License management.
    "Backup my licenses now" or similar wording.
    Also, download the full stand-alone package and not the mini
    installer. The 12.0 Meg download is available from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx

    "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Before you take my advice listen to an MVP. I think you should uninstall
    > other Windows Media players first. Then try from microsoft's website.
    >
    > "Jeff" wrote:
    >
    >> I have been trying to download Windows Media Player 10 and have been
    >> unsuccessful. I keep being told that "Some of your licenses were not
    >> moved
    >> appropriately. This might prevent you from playing some of your protected
    >> files." It then tells me to restart my computer and try to download
    >> again. It
    >> still doesn't work.
    >>
    >> Any ideas? I need help. Thanks!

Download Microsoft Media Player Windows XP