  • Microsoft
  • Media Player
  • Windows XP
July 24, 2005 7:46:01 PM

I have been trying to download Windows Media Player 10 and have been
unsuccessful. I keep being told that "Some of your licenses were not moved
appropriately. This might prevent you from playing some of your protected
files." It then tells me to restart my computer and try to download again. It
still doesn't work.

Any ideas? I need help. Thanks!

More about : dowloading windows media player

July 24, 2005 7:55:02 PM

Before you take my advice listen to an MVP. I think you should uninstall
other Windows Media players first. Then try from microsoft's website.

"Jeff" wrote:

> I have been trying to download Windows Media Player 10 and have been
> unsuccessful. I keep being told that "Some of your licenses were not moved
> appropriately. This might prevent you from playing some of your protected
> files." It then tells me to restart my computer and try to download again. It
> still doesn't work.
>
> Any ideas? I need help. Thanks!
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 9:53:56 PM

Launch your current Windows Media Player and from
the Toolbar select: Help > Check For Player Updates...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jeff" wrote:

| I have been trying to download Windows Media Player 10 and have been
| unsuccessful. I keep being told that "Some of your licenses were not moved
| appropriately. This might prevent you from playing some of your protected
| files." It then tells me to restart my computer and try to download again. It
| still doesn't work.
|
| Any ideas? I need help. Thanks!
Related resources
July 24, 2005 9:53:57 PM

Thanks, Carey!! I'll give it a try.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Launch your current Windows Media Player and from
> the Toolbar select: Help > Check For Player Updates...
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Jeff" wrote:
>
> | I have been trying to download Windows Media Player 10 and have been
> | unsuccessful. I keep being told that "Some of your licenses were not moved
> | appropriately. This might prevent you from playing some of your protected
> | files." It then tells me to restart my computer and try to download again. It
> | still doesn't work.
> |
> | Any ideas? I need help. Thanks!

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 11:07:59 PM

Before you continue to upgrade, you should backup your DRM
(Digital Rights Management) licenses. You didn't mention which
WMedia Player is currently on your PC, but from Tools, there
should be an option for License management.
"Backup my licenses now" or similar wording.
Also, download the full stand-alone package and not the mini
installer. The 12.0 Meg download is available from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/do...

!