No Print Spooling

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Printing is OK, if I print directly to printer. If I select "Spool print
documents..." from printer Properties, I can not print text from Word, Excel.
Wordpad, or Notepad. If there is the slightests little graphic on the page,
it will print both graphic and text. Otherwise the pages pass through the
printer, but the print head does not move. PDF documents and web pages print
OK. First page of e-mail prints; it has table with addresses. Also, I can
print OK to this same (shared) printer from another computer on network.

I can print a test page with Spooling on, but it has a graphic at the top.
Print Spool service is on as well as Remote Procedure Call(RPC). I have
reinstalled drivers after following procedure at
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm .

Now I'm stumped and hoping for suggestions.
OS is XP Home, Office 97

Any printer setting that says something to the effect that "text prints
as graphics" or similar you should enable.

Dan wrote:

> Printing is OK, if I print directly to printer. If I select "Spool print
> documents..." from printer Properties, I can not print text from Word, Excel.
> Wordpad, or Notepad. If there is the slightests little graphic on the page,
> it will print both graphic and text. Otherwise the pages pass through the
> printer, but the print head does not move. PDF documents and web pages print
> OK. First page of e-mail prints; it has table with addresses. Also, I can
> print OK to this same (shared) printer from another computer on network.
>
> I can print a test page with Spooling on, but it has a graphic at the top.
> Print Spool service is on as well as Remote Procedure Call(RPC). I have
> reinstalled drivers after following procedure at
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm .
>
> Now I'm stumped and hoping for suggestions.
> OS is XP Home, Office 97

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thank you for pointing me in that direction. My old printer does not have
that capability. Perhaps I am the victim of obsolescence.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Any printer setting that says something to the effect that "text prints
> as graphics" or similar you should enable.
>
> Dan wrote:
>
> > Printing is OK, if I print directly to printer. If I select "Spool print
> > documents..." from printer Properties, I can not print text from Word, Excel.
> > Wordpad, or Notepad. If there is the slightests little graphic on the page,
> > it will print both graphic and text. Otherwise the pages pass through the
> > printer, but the print head does not move. PDF documents and web pages print
> > OK. First page of e-mail prints; it has table with addresses. Also, I can
> > print OK to this same (shared) printer from another computer on network.
> >
> > I can print a test page with Spooling on, but it has a graphic at the top.
> > Print Spool service is on as well as Remote Procedure Call(RPC). I have
> > reinstalled drivers after following procedure at
> > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm .
> >
> > Now I'm stumped and hoping for suggestions.
> > OS is XP Home, Office 97

Ok, what printer model is it?