How to remove ME installed on a separate drive in a separa..

Two years ago, when I was using Windows ME, it was legitimately on the C
Drive of my PC. When I installed XP in a separate partition and on a
separate drive, the new drive for XP got named as the E drive. My CD-ROM
drive continued to be the D drive.

Now I am not using ME any more and want to remove it from my PC. How do I
do it and will the system automatically re-name the XP drive as C drive? I
want to keep the extra hard drive for installing additional applications and
archival Folders of data files.

Have I to completely format the old ME drive? Is that operation likely to
affect the XP and the applications under XP?

Any web-site which can provide advice on this complicated issue?

P. Jayant

If you remove the C: drive from your computer the O/S will not boot.
Additionally, everything on your Windows XP E: drive will NOT be magically
renamed to the C: drive.

You will have to reinstall your operating system and all of your
applications to the drive you wish to run Windows XP from. This will change
all of the drive E: markers to wherever you install the O/S and applications
to this time.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban