Backup / Transfer Files and Settings / How to Move Apps an..

I want to move all of my applications that are currently on my computer
after I reload the Windows XP due to an un-resolvable network driver and
possible Windows Winsock corruption problem (Which I have posted here).

I really hate the thought of having to re-install all my applications one by
one.

Is there a backup / restore / Transfer Files and Settings / in Windows XP to
do this?

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about backup transfer files settings move apps

    No. You must reinstall your programs using the original
    installation media before using the Transfer Wizard.

    Using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/crawford_november12.mspx

    HOW TO: Use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293118&Product=winxp

    List of Programs Whose Settings Are Migrated When You Use
    the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];304903

    Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "SQLNow" wrote:

    | I want to move all of my applications that are currently on my computer
    | after I reload the Windows XP due to an un-resolvable network driver and
    | possible Windows Winsock corruption problem (Which I have posted here).
    |
    | I really hate the thought of having to re-install all my applications one by
    | one.
    |
    | Is there a backup / restore / Transfer Files and Settings / in Windows XP to
    | do this?
    |
    | Thanks!

    So is it better to do a complete backup? Can you selectively restore
    applications that way? Otherwise backup is useless in this situation. I
    probably need an application to move applications.

    Barry

    SQLNow wrote:

    > I want to move all of my applications that are currently on my computer
    > after I reload the Windows XP due to an un-resolvable network driver and
    > possible Windows Winsock corruption problem (Which I have posted here).
    >
    > I really hate the thought of having to re-install all my applications one by
    > one.
    >
    > Is there a backup / restore / Transfer Files and Settings / in Windows XP to
    > do this?
    >
    > Thanks!

    No effective way to move applications from one installation to the other
    except for reinstalling on the new system from the original media.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Backup Windows XP