Backup / Transfer Files and Settings / How to Move Apps an..

I want to move all of my applications that are currently on my computer
after I reload the Windows XP due to an un-resolvable network driver and
possible Windows Winsock corruption problem (Which I have posted here).

I really hate the thought of having to re-install all my applications one by
one.

Is there a backup / restore / Transfer Files and Settings / in Windows XP to
do this?

Thanks!

No. You must reinstall your programs using the original
installation media before using the Transfer Wizard.

Using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/crawford_november12.mspx

HOW TO: Use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293118&Product=winxp

List of Programs Whose Settings Are Migrated When You Use
the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
;304903]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];304903

Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"SQLNow" wrote:

| I want to move all of my applications that are currently on my computer
| after I reload the Windows XP due to an un-resolvable network driver and
| possible Windows Winsock corruption problem (Which I have posted here).
|
| I really hate the thought of having to re-install all my applications one by
| one.
|
| Is there a backup / restore / Transfer Files and Settings / in Windows XP to
| do this?
|
| Thanks!

So is it better to do a complete backup? Can you selectively restore
applications that way? Otherwise backup is useless in this situation. I
probably need an application to move applications.

Barry

> No. You must reinstall your programs using the original
> installation media before using the Transfer Wizard.
>
> Using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/crawford_november12.mspx
>
> HOW TO: Use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293118&Product=winxp
>
> List of Programs Whose Settings Are Migrated When You Use
> the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
> ;304903]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];304903
>
> Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "SQLNow" wrote:
>
> | I want to move all of my applications that are currently on my computer
> | after I reload the Windows XP due to an un-resolvable network driver and
> | possible Windows Winsock corruption problem (Which I have posted here).
> |
> | I really hate the thought of having to re-install all my applications
> one by
> | one.
> |
> | Is there a backup / restore / Transfer Files and Settings / in Windows
> XP to
> | do this?
> |
> | Thanks!

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

SQLNow wrote:

> I want to move all of my applications that are currently on my computer
> after I reload the Windows XP due to an un-resolvable network driver and
> possible Windows Winsock corruption problem (Which I have posted here).
>
> I really hate the thought of having to re-install all my applications one by
> one.
>
> Is there a backup / restore / Transfer Files and Settings / in Windows XP to
> do this?
>
> Thanks!

No effective way to move applications from one installation to the other
except for reinstalling on the new system from the original media.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User