Sign in with
Your question

Transcend cf card not recognized by computer and camera

Last response: in Digital Camera
November 9, 2010 2:43:59 AM

I used a Transcend 64gig 400x cf card for sometime now. Never had a problem with it till now. I was downloading its video and jpeg content in my laptop, but after a while it stopped. Apparently there was an error. Now my camera (Canon 7d) and my laptop do not recognise the card anymore.

I don't know what happened. All I want to know is if there is way to access the card and retrieve its content.

Thank you, guys.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 9, 2010 4:50:22 AM

I'd initially contact Transcend as they may have a utility designed to fix their cards. Lord knows, you paid them enough for the card so perhaps, at worst, they'll offer a replacement card.

The usual shareware/freeware sites -- MajorGeeks, FileHippo, CNET etc have programs designed to recover pictures.
m
l
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 24, 2010 2:32:10 AM

Shane 75: you have a personal message from a Moderator (click the envelope icon)
m
l
Related resources
January 11, 2012 8:39:05 PM

I had a Transend 32Gb 400x card and all was working find until 1 day whilst out on an important shoot all worked fine whilst on the shoot until I got home to download the shots taken.

When I inserted the card into my reader to download it kept asking me to format the card. I reinserted the card back into my camera and then my camera asked for the card to be formatted. Even my back-up cameras asked for it to be formatted.

I lost all shots taken on the night.

I used Recovr RX a Transend recovery programme to no avail. I also used Rescue PRO a sandisk recovery programme also to no avail.

The card was returned to Transend & they replaced the card but that was not much use to me as it was the shots I required from the nights work.

Could not get an explanation to my problem.

I now use Sandisk Extreme Pro cards
m
l
June 19, 2014 5:32:54 AM

Hi Bannerman, I know exactly what you've been through and sorry to hear that...I went through exactly the same thing with a Lexar CF card. I spoke with Lexar support and they recommended a few recovery software programs, I spent about $40 on them and none of them worked. Luckily I was able to find out about RecoverFab through a forum. I sent them my corrupted card and they were able to recover all of the files within a day from the time they received them! AMAZING! I had totally given up hope on those images and now they're back thanks to them. They're based in Germany, but it's worth going the extra mile to send them your card. All along you can track their progress and they're really good about giving you reports. I couldn't be happier. So if you ever get in a bind again I recommend using them: http://recoverfab.com
ohhhh...I was forgetting...the best part is that you don't have to pay until you see your recovered files :) 
m
l
June 20, 2014 7:08:15 AM

good,I used Recovr RX a Transend recovery programme to no avail. I also used Rescue PRO a sandisk recovery programme also to no avail.thanks
m
l
June 25, 2014 12:19:33 AM

sunkat06 said:
Luckily I was able to find out about RecoverFab through a forum. I sent them my corrupted card and they were able to recover all of the files within a day from the time they received them! AMAZING!

I'm able to echo that exact experience! I had a Transcend 16Gb 400x card which suddenly went from working to only 32Mb available to completely broken.
RecoverFab (http://recoverfab.com) have recovered all the data from the card which failed within a very short turnaround - highly recommended!!
m
l
!