Sign in with
Your question

Dual Screen Help!!

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 11, 2009 5:26:46 PM

I have been looking around everywhere but I really can't find answers. How do I make dual screen monitors work well? I am running on Windows Vista with 2 9800GTXs, and 2 monitors. My main problem is gaming on 2 screens. When I play, the mouse kind of stays on the screen the game is on, but it messes up because the pointer can still find its way to the other screen. How do I lock the mouse on the one screen? I have another mouse - can I use one mouse per screen? If yes, how? Can I not SLI my cards on one screen and run the other without a 3D card? Please help me with answers or direct me to a really good faq! I'm so confused and frustrated because it isn't working very well at all for me.

More about : dual screen

November 20, 2009 1:19:10 AM

Well first, if you SLI your cards you only can drive one display. As far as gaming on two screens I do it all the time. The trick to being able to use one mouse across two games is to run the games in Windowed mode and then maximize them. That doesn't make your mouse "captive."

If you run full screen it will almost always trap your mouse until you minimize the application. (I have to do that for some games)

I believe Ultramon can also be used to make a mouse "captive" to one screen. I don't know of any way to run two mice on one PC though -- if you want to do that then I recommend a laptop instead of a dual monitor setup.
!