Is this a good TV for Computer Gaming??

dave8624

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
I was thinking of buying a LCD TV and replacing my current tv and two computer monitors with it, so I can save some space. I currently have a 22"& 24" monitor at 1680 & 1920 res. This is the TV I am looking at http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bravia-KDL-37XBR6-37-Inch-1080p/dp/B00171V6CW it is a 37" Sony XBR LCD. I am wondering if anyone has tried this monitor or similar monitors and can let me know how gaming experience etc was on it. Thanks.

G

I was thinking about replaceing a gaming monitor with a 1080p LCD TV myself

I've been hearing things like "in order to view it correctly you need to be three times the diagnonal length back from it to view it properly" and "Some games with presistant GUIs can burn holes in the display" another thing I am worried about is refresh rates so no ghost images apear.

If some one could get back to us that would rock.

LCD HDTVs should not suffer from "burn-in" since the backlight is always on, and the LCD crystals simply "twists and turns" to let the light through and display colors.

From what I've read older 1st and maybe 2nd generation plasma TVs can suffer from burn-ins, but current generation should be as long you you set up the plasma HDTV properly. I think that requires you to simply watch TV / movies for about 100 hours so that the pixels can "flex". I think plasma HDTV with 1920 x 1080 (1080p) resolution starts at 42". I know that 37" plasma HDTVs have a resolution of 1024 x 768.

scorpion_anshul

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
i have been contemplating this too and my question is what are the pros and cons of using a LCD TV like OP mentioned as your only monitor for all purposes?