sorry if i double post....looks like i somehow cancled my ..

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 24, 2005 10:31:02 PM

Anyways my problem is I see this at a dos screen just before the Welcome
Screen Boots up....

Cannot Load corrupt Boot.ini File (or something like that)
Booting from C:\Windows

What does this mean? And how exactly do i go about repairing it?

More about : double post cancled

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 10:47:01 PM

"Master Jedi" wrote:

Anyways my problem is I see this at a dos screen just before the Welcome
Screen Boots up....

Invalid Boot.ini File (or something like that)
Booting from C:\Windows

What does this mean? And how exactly do i go about repairing it?
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 10:49:02 PM

and sorry....I'd delete my original post if i could....but this was also a
separate second problem i had.......
And it actually says:
Invalid Boot.ini
Booting from C:\Windows

"Master Jedi" wrote:

> Anyways my problem is I see this at a dos screen just before the Welcome
> Screen Boots up....
>
> Cannot Load corrupt Boot.ini File (or something like that)
> Booting from C:\Windows
>
> What does this mean? And how exactly do i go about repairing it?
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 5:49:40 AM

"Master Jedi" <MasterJedi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyways my problem is I see this at a dos screen just before the Welcome
> Screen Boots up....
>
> Cannot Load corrupt Boot.ini File (or something like that)
> Booting from C:\Windows
>
> What does this mean? And how exactly do i go about repairing it?

Please don't start a new thread for every posting you make. Keep the thread
going for your problem or it's hard to follow and you will get repeated info
if people try to help.
Look for the file and see if there is a boot.bak file you can try restoring.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 7:07:05 AM

Please look at the end of this post.

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
news:D c1g1n$6fj$3@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "Master Jedi" <MasterJedi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Anyways my problem is I see this at a dos screen just before the Welcome
>> Screen Boots up....
>>
>> Cannot Load corrupt Boot.ini File (or something like that)
>> Booting from C:\Windows
>>
>> What does this mean? And how exactly do i go about repairing it?
>
> Please don't start a new thread for every posting you make. Keep the
> thread going for your problem or it's hard to follow and you will get
> repeated info if people try to help.
> Look for the file and see if there is a boot.bak file you can try
> restoring.

This is the order of the posting, and if you want to reply to the post it
should be here, not a new thread so that the information you are responding
to flows properly.

Does your post saying
'and sorry....I'd delete my original post if i could....but this was also a
separate second problem i had....... '

belong here? Or are you trying to start another new branch of conversation
again?

OK. Try again, rename your boot.ini file to something else- try bootold.ini
for example. Then rename the old one called boot.bak to boot.ini

If you want more help about this or to make further comments follow this
thread. Don't make a new one. And follow the flow of conversation- don't
jump to top posting as this is now bottom posting.
!