sorry if i double post....looks like i somehow cancled my ..

Anyways my problem is I see this at a dos screen just before the Welcome
Screen Boots up....

Cannot Load corrupt Boot.ini File (or something like that)
Booting from C:\Windows

What does this mean? And how exactly do i go about repairing it?
4 answers Last reply
More about sorry double post looks cancled

    "Master Jedi" wrote:

    Anyways my problem is I see this at a dos screen just before the Welcome
    Screen Boots up....

    Invalid Boot.ini File (or something like that)
    Booting from C:\Windows

    What does this mean? And how exactly do i go about repairing it?

    and sorry....I'd delete my original post if i could....but this was also a
    separate second problem i had.......
    And it actually says:
    Invalid Boot.ini
    Booting from C:\Windows

    "Master Jedi" <MasterJedi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Anyways my problem is I see this at a dos screen just before the Welcome
    > Screen Boots up....
    >
    > Cannot Load corrupt Boot.ini File (or something like that)
    > Booting from C:\Windows
    >
    > What does this mean? And how exactly do i go about repairing it?

    Please don't start a new thread for every posting you make. Keep the thread
    going for your problem or it's hard to follow and you will get repeated info
    if people try to help.
    Look for the file and see if there is a boot.bak file you can try restoring.

    Please look at the end of this post.

    "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message

    > "Master Jedi" <MasterJedi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Anyways my problem is I see this at a dos screen just before the Welcome
    >> Screen Boots up....
    >>
    >> Cannot Load corrupt Boot.ini File (or something like that)
    >> Booting from C:\Windows
    >>
    >> What does this mean? And how exactly do i go about repairing it?
    >
    > Please don't start a new thread for every posting you make. Keep the
    > thread going for your problem or it's hard to follow and you will get
    > repeated info if people try to help.
    > Look for the file and see if there is a boot.bak file you can try
    > restoring.

    This is the order of the posting, and if you want to reply to the post it
    should be here, not a new thread so that the information you are responding
    to flows properly.

    Does your post saying
    'and sorry....I'd delete my original post if i could....but this was also a
    separate second problem i had....... '

    belong here? Or are you trying to start another new branch of conversation
    again?

    OK. Try again, rename your boot.ini file to something else- try bootold.ini
    for example. Then rename the old one called boot.bak to boot.ini

    If you want more help about this or to make further comments follow this
    thread. Don't make a new one. And follow the flow of conversation- don't
    jump to top posting as this is now bottom posting.

Microsoft Windows XP