Sign in with
Your question

Reset to keyboard default values

Last response: in Windows 7
September 29, 2012 4:30:05 PM

Hello,
I allowed the Norton Internet Security folks to have remote access to my netbook and now value of the following keys have been locked in these resets... M='0', J='1', K='2', L='3', U='4', I='5', O='6', 7='7',8='8', 9='9', 0='/', .='.',/='+', ;='-',
That appears to be alternate or maybe hotkey settings? Anyway, Norton declines to fix their mess, so I have to muddle through. How to go back to default key values on the keyboard? I'm using Windows 7 on that machine.
September 29, 2012 4:36:16 PM

fabrexe said:
Hello,
I allowed the Norton Internet Security folks to have remote access to my netbook and now value of the following keys have been locked in these resets... M='0', J='1', K='2', L='3', U='4', I='5', O='6', 7='7',8='8', 9='9', 0='/', .='.',/='+', ;='-',
That appears to be alternate or maybe hotkey settings? Anyway, Norton declines to fix their mess, so I have to muddle through. How to go back to default key values on the keyboard? I'm using Windows 7 on that machine.

And here is the gotcha - i'm not able login to my computer with my password, since it involves a couple of those characters...
m
l
September 29, 2012 6:34:33 PM

Nevermind, found the solution - hold down the Fn key and press
NumLk"
m
l
!