Can't get any Samsung Support online!!!

rebelyell

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
Hey board, first post here. I didn't know this board even existed, but I've been reading TH reviews for some time. My problem is with Samsung support. I've sent FIVE e-mails, one to Corporate, and all have been ignored. That's right, absolutely no response whatsoever, not even an auto-reply assigning a ticket number. Here's the deal: I bought a Samsung 245BW which was amazing, but would not go into low power standby, even with a fresh install of XP SP3 and several tests with different settings of 2 minutes, 5 minutes, etc. Since Samsung refused all my requests for support, I thought the monitor was bad, especially since the Samsung 204B LCD I had previously would go into low power standby just fine. Anyway, I got home with my new Samsung 2233BW (they didn't have the other model any more) and found the same problem.

I've posted on a number of tech boards about this and no one has been able to help. Hopefully one of the TH readers can assist me this time. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

rebelyell

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
RESOLVED! Well, the monitor problem, not Samsung's lack of support. I did one more fresh install of WinXP SP3 on a different SATA hard drive and the fresh install allowed the LCD monitor to sleep. Go figure! I had done four previous installs on the other drive for various reasons within about a month and none of them worked with the widescreen monitors, the 24" or the 21.5". Now I switch drives and it works. Oh well, now I wonder if I shot myself in the foot by returning the 24". The 21.5" is great though playing Crysis and Crysis Warhead at 1920x1080. Just thought I'd update...