The new Vista/windows logo

from what i saw in the name anoucment video and the other logos on the
microsoft logo website. the new logos lokk realy nice with the windows flag
sporting a new Glass effect and the new font and normal lettering (no blod)
links:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/gallery/logos/web/WinVista_v_Web.jpg

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/press/2005/07-22vista_lg.jpg

http://www.microsoft.com/winme/0507/25234/Win_Name_MBR.asx

"chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> from what i saw in the name anoucment video and the other logos on the
> microsoft logo website. the new logos lokk realy nice with the windows
> flag
> sporting a new Glass effect and the new font and normal lettering (no
> blod)
> links:

Please do not post direct links to those Logos.
Those logos are provided for use by press and journalists and the use of
Microsoft trademarked logos is covered by the legal restrictions at
http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/gallery/logoguidelines.mspx
You must agree to abide by these to use the logos.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> from what i saw in the name anoucment video and the other logos on the
> microsoft logo website. the new logos lokk realy nice with the windows
> flag
> sporting a new Glass effect and the new font and normal lettering (no
> blod)
> links:

mike

Mike Brannigan [MSFT] wrote:
> "chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> from what i saw in the name anoucment video and the other logos on
>> the microsoft logo website. the new logos lokk realy nice with the
>> windows flag
>> sporting a new Glass effect and the new font and normal lettering
>> (no blod)
>> links:
>
> Please do not post direct links to those Logos.
> Those logos are provided for use by press and journalists and the use
> of Microsoft trademarked logos is covered by the legal restrictions at
> http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/gallery/logoguidelines.mspx
> You must agree to abide by these to use the logos.

LOL! I would suspect that these so-called "guidelines" don't take into
account "fair use" or parody use!

--
Peace!
Kurt

http://microscum.com/images/parodylogo/microscumvista.jpg

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Shane

Doing anything about pcbutthead yet?

Shane

Shane wrote:
> Doing anything about pcbutthead yet?

Nope. Mike only screws with people he thinks disses Microsoft. Mike
couldn't really care less about these groups otherwise.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Jim

When are they going to do something about you?

Jim wrote:
> When are they going to do something about you?

When you pay them!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

You are a shallow person , are you not?

> mike

yes ?

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> mike
>

> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> "chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > from what i saw in the name anoucment video and the other logos on the
>> > microsoft logo website. the new logos lokk realy nice with the windows
>> > flag
>> > sporting a new Glass effect and the new font and normal lettering (no
>> > blod)
>> > links:
>>
>> Please do not post direct links to those Logos.
>> Those logos are provided for use by press and journalists and the use of
>> Microsoft trademarked logos is covered by the legal restrictions at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/gallery/logoguidelines.mspx
>> You must agree to abide by these to use the logos.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>> rights
>>
>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>> newsgroups
>>
>> "chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > from what i saw in the name anoucment video and the other logos on the
>> > microsoft logo website. the new logos lokk realy nice with the windows
>> > flag
>> > sporting a new Glass effect and the new font and normal lettering (no
>> > blod)
>> > links:

Shane

Why don't *you* try, sh17-for-brains?

Shane

--
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=pcbutthead

"Jim" <Mkbvv@wlhgf.com> wrote in message
> When are they going to do something about you?
>
> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Doing anything about pcbutthead yet?
>>

>> Shane
>>

>> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> "chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Please do not post direct links to those Logos.
>>> Those logos are provided for use by press and journalists and the use of
>>> Microsoft trademarked logos is covered by the legal restrictions at
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/gallery/logoguidelines.mspx
>>> You must agree to abide by these to use the logos.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> --
>>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>>> rights
>>>
>>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>>> newsgroups
>>>
>>> "chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jim

Wow, did you think about that reply for more than a split second? Why don't
I try what? Why don't YOU try something more than one sentence comments and
posting links that are irrelevant., or is that too much to ask of your tiny
intellect?

> Why don't *you* try, sh17-for-brains?
>

> Shane
>
> --
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=pcbutthead
>

> "Jim" <Mkbvv@wlhgf.com> wrote in message
>> When are they going to do something about you?
>>
>> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Doing anything about pcbutthead yet?
>>>

>>> Shane
>>>

>>> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

God you are an idiot, it is MS that must abide by the terms of use as it is MS that is using the logos..

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
God you are an idiot, it is MS that must abide by the terms of use as it is
MS that is using the logos..

David,

Maybe you should read my post again.
The point was that the original poster should not be providing direct links
to our logos as users of the logs should be aware of the guidelines for the
legal use of our trademarked logos.
The logos that the original post linked to are the ones that are covered by
the required guidelines as provided by the link I posted.
Of course we use our logos - but the point you decided to miss is that
anyone else who wishes to use our logos must do so under the posted terms of
use for journalists at the link I provided or for general use as covered
here http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/ip/trademarks/gnlguide.asp
..

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
God you are an idiot, it is MS that must abide by the terms of use as it is
MS that is using the logos..

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> from what i saw in the name anoucment video and the other logos on the
>> microsoft logo website. the new logos lokk realy nice with the windows
>> flag
>> sporting a new Glass effect and the new font and normal lettering (no
>> blod)
>> links:
>
> Please do not post direct links to those Logos.
> Those logos are provided for use by press and journalists and the use of
> Microsoft trademarked logos is covered by the legal restrictions at
> http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/gallery/logoguidelines.mspx
> You must agree to abide by these to use the logos.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> from what i saw in the name anoucment video and the other logos on the
>> microsoft logo website. the new logos lokk realy nice with the windows
>> flag
>> sporting a new Glass effect and the new font and normal lettering (no
>> blod)
>> links:

Wow...it only took decades a billions to give the logo a glass effect. I am
very impressed.

"chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> from what i saw in the name anoucment video and the other logos on the
> microsoft logo website. the new logos lokk realy nice with the windows
> flag
> sporting a new Glass effect and the new font and normal lettering (no
> blod)
> links:
> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/gallery/logos/web/WinVista_v_Web.jpg
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/press/2005/07-22vista_lg.jpg
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/winme/0507/25234/Win_Name_MBR.asx

Ok. I thought you were claiming one couldn't link to MS site.

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:u0sgmxRkFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> God you are an idiot, it is MS that must abide by the terms of use as it is
> MS that is using the logos..
>

> David,
>
> Maybe you should read my post again.
> The point was that the original poster should not be providing direct links
> to our logos as users of the logs should be aware of the guidelines for the
> legal use of our trademarked logos.
> The logos that the original post linked to are the ones that are covered by
> the required guidelines as provided by the link I posted.
> Of course we use our logos - but the point you decided to miss is that
> anyone else who wishes to use our logos must do so under the posted terms of
> use for journalists at the link I provided or for general use as covered
> here http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/ip/trademarks/gnlguide.asp
> .
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> God you are an idiot, it is MS that must abide by the terms of use as it is
> MS that is using the logos..

> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> "chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> from what i saw in the name anoucment video and the other logos on the
>>> microsoft logo website. the new logos lokk realy nice with the windows
>>> flag
>>> sporting a new Glass effect and the new font and normal lettering (no
>>> blod)
>>> links:
>>
>> Please do not post direct links to those Logos.
>> Those logos are provided for use by press and journalists and the use of
>> Microsoft trademarked logos is covered by the legal restrictions at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/gallery/logoguidelines.mspx
>> You must agree to abide by these to use the logos.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>> rights
>>
>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>> newsgroups
>>
>> "chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> from what i saw in the name anoucment video and the other logos on the
>>> microsoft logo website. the new logos lokk realy nice with the windows
>>> flag
>>> sporting a new Glass effect and the new font and normal lettering (no
>>> blod)
>>> links:

PS Im still waiting for my free CD (of platform builder web site) for putting the IE4 logo on my web site. Its been 8 years. (excuse lack of apostrophe but Im stuck in a wierd keyboard language till I restart app).

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:%231vzvISkFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> [...]

>> Microsoft trademarked logos is covered by the legal restrictions at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/gallery/logoguidelines.mspx
>> You must agree to abide by these to use the logos.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>> rights
>>
>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>> newsgroups
>>
>> "chrisg1990" <chrisg1990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> from what i saw in the name anoucment video and the other logos on the
>>> microsoft logo website. the new logos lokk realy nice with the windows
>>> flag
>>> sporting a new Glass effect and the new font and normal lettering (no

Are you aware that in future one will need special monitors to play videos on XP.

David Candy wrote:
> Are you aware that in future one will need special monitors to play
> videos on XP.

High-Def video will be played at a lower res if played on non-special
monitor.

Ain't the Vista of computing's future bright with Microsoft?!

All MS seems to do anymore is spend more time developing ways to limit
end user's use of their computer.

MS really is Big Brother in puberty. Once it started down the road of
limiting the use of end users, the snowball won't stop growing as it
rolls down the hill.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Jimmy

> David Candy wrote:
>> Are you aware that in future one will need special monitors to play
>> videos on XP.
>
> High-Def video will be played at a lower res if played on non-special
> monitor.
>
> Ain't the Vista of computing's future bright with Microsoft?!
>
> All MS seems to do anymore is spend more time developing ways to limit end
> user's use of their computer.
>
> MS really is Big Brother in puberty. Once it started down the road of
> limiting the use of end users, the snowball won't stop growing as it rolls
> down the hill.

"VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
Infections, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.

Jimmy

Jim

"Jimmy" is an acronym for Just as Idiotic Moronic Mundane as Yesterday.

"Jimmy" <jimmy123456@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
>> David Candy wrote:
>>> Are you aware that in future one will need special monitors to play
>>> videos on XP.
>>
>> High-Def video will be played at a lower res if played on non-special
>> monitor.
>>
>> Ain't the Vista of computing's future bright with Microsoft?!
>>
>> All MS seems to do anymore is spend more time developing ways to limit
>> end user's use of their computer.
>>
>> MS really is Big Brother in puberty. Once it started down the road of
>> limiting the use of end users, the snowball won't stop growing as it
>> rolls down the hill.
>>

> "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
> Infections, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.
>
> Jimmy

Shane

His was witty. Yours was puerile.

Shane

--

Jim wrote:
> "Jimmy" is an acronym for Just as Idiotic Moronic Mundane as
> Yesterday.
> "Jimmy" <jimmy123456@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
>> message news:%234pq5xTkFHA.2720@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> High-Def video will be played at a lower res if played on
>>> non-special monitor.
>>>
>>> Ain't the Vista of computing's future bright with Microsoft?!
>>>
>>> All MS seems to do anymore is spend more time developing ways to
>>> limit end user's use of their computer.
>>>
>>> MS really is Big Brother in puberty. Once it started down the road
>>> of limiting the use of end users, the snowball won't stop growing
>>> as it rolls down the hill.
>>>

>> "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
>> Infections, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.
>>
>> Jimmy

At least his made sense.