Warhammer Online

Just wonder if this game will ever go gold. We have not heard anything from
Climax since October 20 last year. The president David Nicholson says that
the company still working on it, but the community have not heard anything
in a long time now. So what do you think?. I dont believe this game will Go
Gold at all, if the game was still running, they will at leaste keep the
website online.

By the way, how will Climax funding the game without the support og Games
Workshop?. I heard the miss about 20 million dollars to complete the game,
thats is a big gab.

So what ?

Jørgen Jensen

It is with a great deal of sadness that I have to inform the community
that we have decided to discontinue the development of Warhammer Online
and will be closing down this website with immediate effect.

This has been a difficult and painful decision but it was taken
following a full review of the progress of the game, costs to date and
future costs of the project. As a result both Games Workshop and Climax
Development Limited, the computer games developer, have agreed to
terminate the development project.

I would like to say a personal thanks to all of the people who have
followed our development over the last few years, your constant support
and enthusiasm has meant a great deal to us.

Robin Dews

That sounds to me liek its not going to go gold. ever.

--
Andy

andy@liarsandtaxis.com
Visit my Hordes Webpage : http://www.liarsandtaxis.com/hordes
http://www.google.com/tsunami_relief.html

Kermit

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2003

Andy B <andy@liarsandtaxis.com> wrote in

> It is with a great deal of sadness that I have to inform the community
> that we have decided to discontinue the development of Warhammer
> Online and will be closing down this website with immediate effect.
>
> This has been a difficult and painful decision but it was taken
> following a full review of the progress of the game, costs to date and
> future costs of the project. As a result both Games Workshop and
> Climax Development Limited, the computer games developer, have agreed
> to terminate the development project.
>
> I would like to say a personal thanks to all of the people who have
> followed our development over the last few years, your constant
> support and enthusiasm has meant a great deal to us.
>
> Robin Dews
>
> That sounds to me liek its not going to go gold. ever.
>
> Jørgen Jensen wrote:
>> Just wonder if this game will ever go gold. We have not heard
>> anything from Climax since October 20 last year. The president David
>> Nicholson says that the company still working on it, but the
>> community have not heard anything in a long time now. So what do you
>> think?. I dont believe this game will Go Gold at all, if the game was
>> still running, they will at leaste keep the website online.
>>
>> By the way, how will Climax funding the game without the support og
>> Games Workshop?. I heard the miss about 20 million dollars to
>> complete the game, thats is a big gab.
>>
>> So what ?
>>
>> Jørgen Jensen

Last I heard was that GW pulled the plug because Climax were taking the
mickey and wasting the money. However I've also heard rumours that
another company expressed an interest, so it's not completely dead yet.