Monitor Splash

July 25, 2005 1:37:02 AM

Hi guys,
My cousin has a problem on his HP Pavilion (1.2 Ghz, 256 Ram, XP home Ed.)
monitor that I have not been able to correct.
Compared to you guys I'm a novice at this although I've had self taught
experience since 97.
Everything on his monitor, IE, OE, and all is splashed all over his screen
with extremely large fonts and overwriting on websites so that you have to
you have to scroll Left and right to read the darn thing.
I have checked all of the monitor settings at the screen properties and can
not see anything that is out of line, I've even changed some properties eg
font settings, resolution, etc with no luck.

When he sends emails, they come in that irritating LARGE font.

Thanking you in advance for any help,
Adrian

More about : monitor splash

July 25, 2005 4:11:58 AM

Hi Adrian,

Within IE, go to View/Text Size and modify. You may also want to check
under IE/Tools/Internet Options/General/Accessibility/Font Sizes.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Adrian" <Adrian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
> My cousin has a problem on his HP Pavilion (1.2 Ghz, 256 Ram, XP home Ed.)
> monitor that I have not been able to correct.
> Compared to you guys I'm a novice at this although I've had self taught
> experience since 97.
> Everything on his monitor, IE, OE, and all is splashed all over his screen
> with extremely large fonts and overwriting on websites so that you have to
> you have to scroll Left and right to read the darn thing.
> I have checked all of the monitor settings at the screen properties and
> can
> not see anything that is out of line, I've even changed some properties eg
> font settings, resolution, etc with no luck.
>
> When he sends emails, they come in that irritating LARGE font.
>
> Thanking you in advance for any help,
> Adrian
July 25, 2005 11:33:10 AM

Hi Kelly,
Many thanks for the advice, I will check these this week and reply back to
the group on my succes or lack thereof.
As usual, you guys/gals are fabulous with your sharing of your knowledge.
Thanks again,
Adrian

"Kelly" wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> Within IE, go to View/Text Size and modify. You may also want to check
> under IE/Tools/Internet Options/General/Accessibility/Font Sizes.
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Adrian" <Adrian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi guys,
> > My cousin has a problem on his HP Pavilion (1.2 Ghz, 256 Ram, XP home Ed.)
> > monitor that I have not been able to correct.
> > Compared to you guys I'm a novice at this although I've had self taught
> > experience since 97.
> > Everything on his monitor, IE, OE, and all is splashed all over his screen
> > with extremely large fonts and overwriting on websites so that you have to
> > you have to scroll Left and right to read the darn thing.
> > I have checked all of the monitor settings at the screen properties and
> > can
> > not see anything that is out of line, I've even changed some properties eg
> > font settings, resolution, etc with no luck.
> >
> > When he sends emails, they come in that irritating LARGE font.
> >
> > Thanking you in advance for any help,
> > Adrian

July 30, 2005 5:39:11 AM

You are most welcome and thanks for your kind words of support. :o )

--

!