[40k] A Tale of RGMW Gamers

Last response: in Video Games
January 6, 2005 8:41:55 AM

>Hey, I haven't posted to this thread yet... Mostcause I find it hard to
>think of a 40K army I don't have lists for and do not require much
>purchasing power (i.e. Not I.G. or Orks) or Brain power (Chaos). The
>army I'm semi-doing this with is the nids but you really can't top
>varnished stick-bugs. So if new armies are still being allowed on the
>40K side of the thread (I do have evles on the WFB side). Look out! Here
>come the Tau!

Sorry, each gamer can only have one army (in either system), not one of each...

Philip Bowles

More about : 40k tale rgmw gamers

Anonymous
January 6, 2005 11:50:17 AM

Philip Bowles wrote:
>>Hey, I haven't posted to this thread yet... Mostcause I find it hard to
>>think of a 40K army I don't have lists for and do not require much
>>purchasing power (i.e. Not I.G. or Orks) or Brain power (Chaos). The
>>army I'm semi-doing this with is the nids but you really can't top
>>varnished stick-bugs. So if new armies are still being allowed on the
>>40K side of the thread (I do have evles on the WFB side). Look out! Here
>>come the Tau!
>

> Sorry, each gamer can only have one army (in either system), not one of each...
>
> Philip Bowles
OK. Good to know. I'll take my theorectial tau and have theoretical fun
by my self. :)

-Joe

PS Keep up the good work.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 6:54:54 AM

Desert Lurker ironman150.spam@ridgenet.net wrote:
>Philip Bowles wrote:

>>> Here come the Tau!

Cool. That's the 3rd of 6? And starting with the Battleforce as well.

Interesting how Tau actually are a very popular army, assuming one doesn't
actually have to buy the physical models.

>> Sorry, each gamer can only have one army (in either
>> system), not one of each...

And why, pray tell, is this restriction in place? I can understand a limit of
one army per game system, but not beyond that.

>OK. Good to know. I'll take my theorectial tau and have
> theoretical fun by my self. :)

Nah. Keep posting. It's nice to see a 3rd Tau army here.

--
--- John Hwang "JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com"
\-|-/
| A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
January 8, 2005 12:15:37 PM

In article <20050107225454.21909.00002970@mb-m06.news.cs.com>,
johnhwangcsi@cs.com.no.com (John Hwang) writes:

>Desert Lurker ironman150.spam@ridgenet.net wrote:

>Cool. That's the 3rd of 6? And starting with the Battleforce as well.
>
>Interesting how Tau actually are a very popular army, assuming one doesn't
>actually have to buy the physical models.

As long as one doesn't actually have to buy the Battlesuit models, certainly.
It is a very well-done list and the suits are good in concept and rules
execution. I'm really hoping Forge World's forthcoming Battlesuit replacement
bitz can salvage them.

>>> Sorry, each gamer can only have one army (in either
>>> system), not one of each...
>
>And why, pray tell, is this restriction in place? I can understand a limit
>of
>one army per game system, but not beyond that.

What makes a one army per gamer system less logical than a one army per game
system? Remember that this is hypothetically an extension of the Four Gamers
concept, in which each gamer has one army - this is just more flexible by
allowing that army to be from either WFB or 40k rather than just WFB.

>>OK. Good to know. I'll take my theorectial tau and have
>> theoretical fun by my self. :)
>
>Nah. Keep posting. It's nice to see a 3rd Tau army here.

But with the Battleforce as the basis for all of them they all look the same...

Philip Bowles
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 2:35:51 PM

P Bowles wrote:
> In article <20050107225454.21909.00002970@mb-m06.news.cs.com>,
> johnhwangcsi@cs.com.no.com (John Hwang) writes:
>

>>Desert Lurker ironman150.spam@ridgenet.net wrote:

>>Cool. That's the 3rd of 6? And starting with the Battleforce as well.
>>
>>Interesting how Tau actually are a very popular army, assuming one doesn't
>>actually have to buy the physical models.
>

> As long as one doesn't actually have to buy the Battlesuit models, certainly.
> It is a very well-done list and the suits are good in concept and rules
> execution. I'm really hoping Forge World's forthcoming Battlesuit replacement
> bitz can salvage them.

>>And why, pray tell, is this restriction in place? I can understand a limit
>>of
>>one army per game system, but not beyond that.
>

> What makes a one army per gamer system less logical than a one army per game
> system? Remember that this is hypothetically an extension of the Four Gamers
> concept, in which each gamer has one army - this is just more flexible by
> allowing that army to be from either WFB or 40k rather than just WFB.
>

>>>OK. Good to know. I'll take my theorectial tau and have
>>>theoretical fun by my self. :)
>>
>>Nah. Keep posting. It's nice to see a 3rd Tau army here.
>

> But with the Battleforce as the basis for all of them they all look the same...
>
> Philip Bowles
If I were to spend real $$ on this endevour and not worry about
tournament use. I'd Buy Gundam plastic kits ( even found some on ebay
the right size) since we all know base size is what counts as long as
they are not too tall and the feet fit on the base it should be OK) The
Crisis suit seems to be looely based on the "super deformed" VF-1
Valkyere from the series Macross.
http://www.robotechresearch.com/reference/biblography/M...
http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/dngo_sd_vf-1a_max.html
hmm I still have 3 of those toys... COnversion time!

I hadn't realized that there were already 2 Tau palyers our there. I
love the Tau except for the crisis suit (and by extentsion, the
Broadside as well) I love thier fluff. I have not bought any Tau yet
becuase of the importance of the crisis suit. It would be interesting to
try and build an army that uses no crisis suits and is a viable force.
January 24, 2005 11:59:12 AM

I know it is a little late for the second month, but I kind of have
been away.

To buy second month

Right Side Unicorn 3 £
Wood Elf Wizards 8 £
6 Glade Guards 12 £
1 Araflane 2 £

Total for second month
25 £ (I changed my shoppinglist in the last minute on
the first, there by mistake was written that I had 1 £ left, which I
hadn't)

Have so far:
17 Glade Guards with full command 195 points
2*5 Archers 130 points
1 hero 136 points
Extra standard bearer and Musician plus extra horse
Wizard on Unicorn 205 points
Wizard on foot 105 points
-------------------------
Total 771 points so far.

Most of the points so far are on the characters, but that will change,
once I buy the more expensive units point wise. I begin with the core
units that are expensive money wise.

--
" Oktober. Detta är en av de särskilt farliga månaderna för fondbörs-
spekulation. De andra äro juli, januari, september, april, november, maj,

In article <ct2dd0$c64$1@eol.dd.chalmers.se>, ewok@dd.chalmers.se (Ewok)
writes:

>Have so far:

>1 hero 136 points

>Wizard on Unicorn 205 points

How are these armed/upgraded?

>Wizard on foot 105 points

Normal unequipped Level 2 Mage, I take it?

Right, looking down my list we're still missing month 2 purchases for:

WFB

Christof Bell (Lizardmen)

40k

Smithdoerr (Tyranids and other insects...)
GLSwanson (Tau)

Also, Craig Little popped by at one stage to say he might want to join in with
an army.

Philip Bowles
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 8:54:50 PM

"P Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message

When are we doing month 3? Feb 1?
January 24, 2005 9:48:03 PM

In article <20050124125449.06358.00000068@mb-m05.aol.com>,
pbowles@aol.com (P Bowles) writes:
> In article <ct2dd0$c64$1@eol.dd.chalmers.se>, ewok@dd.chalmers.se (Ewok)
> writes:
>
>>Have so far:
>
>>1 hero 136 points

Glade Guardian 80 points
Light Armour 3 points
Shield 3 points
Hail of Doom Arrow 25 points
Amber Amulet 25 points
--------------------------------
136 points

>>Wizard on Unicorn 205 points

Mage 70 points
Level 2 35 points
Unicorn 50 points
Blade of Fury 50 points
--------------------------------
205 points

>>Wizard on foot 105 points
>
> Normal unequipped Level 2 Mage, I take it?

Yes. I kind of forgot to mention how they where equipped.
As soon as I get hold of a camera, I will post a link to how the
converted female mage on unicorn looks like.

Your friendly neighbourhood Ewok

--
" Oktober. Detta är en av de särskilt farliga månaderna för fondbörs-
spekulation. De andra äro juli, januari, september, april, november, maj,
mars, juni, december, augusti och februari." - Mark Twain
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 1:36:58 AM

"P Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
> In article <ct2dd0$c64$1@eol.dd.chalmers.se>, ewok@dd.chalmers.se (Ewok)
> writes:
> Right, looking down my list we're still missing month 2 purchases for:
> Smithdoerr (Tyranids and other insects...)

Oops forgot. I'll figure out this month's purchases for The Sticky Tyranids
in a day or two (as you all may have noticed from the battle report my army
desperately needs to be bulked up with more minis, so I'm currently
agonizing on whether to spend this month's allowance on an Old One Eye model
or pimping up my Hive Tyrant with some wings and gold rim bits) but I don't
know if I'll be able to write up another battle report as bits of my Ripper
Swarms keep crawling away (must buy more varnish too!) and I need them to
fulfill the min two troops requirement!

Wow that's a long sentence.

--

-smithdoerr
Anonymous

"P Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
> In article <ct2dd0$c64$1@eol.dd.chalmers.se>, ewok@dd.chalmers.se (Ewok)
> writes:
>

> Also, Craig Little popped by at one stage to say he might want to join in
> with
> an army.

Yeah, whatever happened to him?
!