[40k] A Tale of RGMW Gamers

>Hey, I haven't posted to this thread yet... Mostcause I find it hard to
>think of a 40K army I don't have lists for and do not require much
>purchasing power (i.e. Not I.G. or Orks) or Brain power (Chaos). The
>army I'm semi-doing this with is the nids but you really can't top
>varnished stick-bugs. So if new armies are still being allowed on the
>40K side of the thread (I do have evles on the WFB side). Look out! Here
>come the Tau!

Sorry, each gamer can only have one army (in either system), not one of each...

Philip Bowles
10 answers Last reply
More about tale rgmw gamers

    Philip Bowles wrote:
    >>Hey, I haven't posted to this thread yet... Mostcause I find it hard to
    >>think of a 40K army I don't have lists for and do not require much
    >>purchasing power (i.e. Not I.G. or Orks) or Brain power (Chaos). The
    >>army I'm semi-doing this with is the nids but you really can't top
    >>varnished stick-bugs. So if new armies are still being allowed on the
    >>40K side of the thread (I do have evles on the WFB side). Look out! Here
    >>come the Tau!
    >

    > Sorry, each gamer can only have one army (in either system), not one of each...
    >
    > Philip Bowles
    OK. Good to know. I'll take my theorectial tau and have theoretical fun
    by my self. :)

    -Joe

    PS Keep up the good work.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Desert Lurker ironman150.spam@ridgenet.net wrote:
    >Philip Bowles wrote:

    >>> Here come the Tau!

    Cool. That's the 3rd of 6? And starting with the Battleforce as well.

    Interesting how Tau actually are a very popular army, assuming one doesn't
    actually have to buy the physical models.

    >> Sorry, each gamer can only have one army (in either
    >> system), not one of each...

    And why, pray tell, is this restriction in place? I can understand a limit of
    one army per game system, but not beyond that.

    >OK. Good to know. I'll take my theorectial tau and have
    > theoretical fun by my self. :)

    Nah. Keep posting. It's nice to see a 3rd Tau army here.

    --
    --- John Hwang "JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com"
    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <20050107225454.21909.00002970@mb-m06.news.cs.com>,
    johnhwangcsi@cs.com.no.com (John Hwang) writes:

    >Desert Lurker ironman150.spam@ridgenet.net wrote:

    >Cool. That's the 3rd of 6? And starting with the Battleforce as well.
    >
    >Interesting how Tau actually are a very popular army, assuming one doesn't
    >actually have to buy the physical models.

    As long as one doesn't actually have to buy the Battlesuit models, certainly.
    It is a very well-done list and the suits are good in concept and rules
    execution. I'm really hoping Forge World's forthcoming Battlesuit replacement
    bitz can salvage them.

    >>> Sorry, each gamer can only have one army (in either
    >>> system), not one of each...
    >
    >And why, pray tell, is this restriction in place? I can understand a limit
    >of
    >one army per game system, but not beyond that.

    What makes a one army per gamer system less logical than a one army per game
    system? Remember that this is hypothetically an extension of the Four Gamers
    concept, in which each gamer has one army - this is just more flexible by
    allowing that army to be from either WFB or 40k rather than just WFB.

    >>OK. Good to know. I'll take my theorectial tau and have
    >> theoretical fun by my self. :)
    >
    >Nah. Keep posting. It's nice to see a 3rd Tau army here.

    But with the Battleforce as the basis for all of them they all look the same...

    Philip Bowles
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    P Bowles wrote:
    > In article <20050107225454.21909.00002970@mb-m06.news.cs.com>,
    > johnhwangcsi@cs.com.no.com (John Hwang) writes:
    >

    >>Desert Lurker ironman150.spam@ridgenet.net wrote:

    >>Cool. That's the 3rd of 6? And starting with the Battleforce as well.
    >>
    >>Interesting how Tau actually are a very popular army, assuming one doesn't
    >>actually have to buy the physical models.
    >

    > As long as one doesn't actually have to buy the Battlesuit models, certainly.
    > It is a very well-done list and the suits are good in concept and rules
    > execution. I'm really hoping Forge World's forthcoming Battlesuit replacement
    > bitz can salvage them.

    >>And why, pray tell, is this restriction in place? I can understand a limit
    >>of
    >>one army per game system, but not beyond that.
    >

    > What makes a one army per gamer system less logical than a one army per game
    > system? Remember that this is hypothetically an extension of the Four Gamers
    > concept, in which each gamer has one army - this is just more flexible by
    > allowing that army to be from either WFB or 40k rather than just WFB.
    >

    >>>OK. Good to know. I'll take my theorectial tau and have
    >>>theoretical fun by my self. :)
    >>
    >>Nah. Keep posting. It's nice to see a 3rd Tau army here.
    >

    > But with the Battleforce as the basis for all of them they all look the same...
    >
    > Philip Bowles
    If I were to spend real $$ on this endevour and not worry about
    tournament use. I'd Buy Gundam plastic kits ( even found some on ebay
    the right size) since we all know base size is what counts as long as
    they are not too tall and the feet fit on the base it should be OK) The
    Crisis suit seems to be looely based on the "super deformed" VF-1
    Valkyere from the series Macross.
    http://www.robotechresearch.com/reference/biblography/Macross/kawamori_design_works.jpg
    http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/dngo_sd_vf-1a_max.html
    hmm I still have 3 of those toys... COnversion time!

    I hadn't realized that there were already 2 Tau palyers our there. I
    love the Tau except for the crisis suit (and by extentsion, the
    Broadside as well) I love thier fluff. I have not bought any Tau yet
    becuase of the importance of the crisis suit. It would be interesting to
    try and build an army that uses no crisis suits and is a viable force.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    I know it is a little late for the second month, but I kind of have
    been away.

    To buy second month

    Right Side Unicorn 3 £
    Wood Elf Wizards 8 £
    6 Glade Guards 12 £
    1 Araflane 2 £

    Total for second month
    25 £ (I changed my shoppinglist in the last minute on
    the first, there by mistake was written that I had 1 £ left, which I
    hadn't)

    Have so far:
    17 Glade Guards with full command 195 points
    2*5 Archers 130 points
    1 hero 136 points
    Extra standard bearer and Musician plus extra horse
    Wizard on Unicorn 205 points
    Wizard on foot 105 points
    -------------------------
    Total 771 points so far.

    Most of the points so far are on the characters, but that will change,
    once I buy the more expensive units point wise. I begin with the core
    units that are expensive money wise.

    --
    " Oktober. Detta är en av de särskilt farliga månaderna för fondbörs-
    spekulation. De andra äro juli, januari, september, april, november, maj,

    In article <ct2dd0$c64$1@eol.dd.chalmers.se>, ewok@dd.chalmers.se (Ewok)
    writes:

    >Have so far:

    >1 hero 136 points

    >Wizard on Unicorn 205 points

    How are these armed/upgraded?

    >Wizard on foot 105 points

    Normal unequipped Level 2 Mage, I take it?

    Right, looking down my list we're still missing month 2 purchases for:

    WFB

    Christof Bell (Lizardmen)

    40k

    Smithdoerr (Tyranids and other insects...)
    GLSwanson (Tau)

    Also, Craig Little popped by at one stage to say he might want to join in with
    an army.

    Philip Bowles
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "P Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message

    When are we doing month 3? Feb 1?
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <20050124125449.06358.00000068@mb-m05.aol.com>,
    pbowles@aol.com (P Bowles) writes:
    > In article <ct2dd0$c64$1@eol.dd.chalmers.se>, ewok@dd.chalmers.se (Ewok)
    > writes:
    >
    >>Have so far:
    >
    >>1 hero 136 points

    Glade Guardian 80 points
    Light Armour 3 points
    Shield 3 points
    Hail of Doom Arrow 25 points
    Amber Amulet 25 points
    --------------------------------
    136 points

    >>Wizard on Unicorn 205 points

    Mage 70 points
    Level 2 35 points
    Unicorn 50 points
    Blade of Fury 50 points
    --------------------------------
    205 points

    >>Wizard on foot 105 points
    >
    > Normal unequipped Level 2 Mage, I take it?

    Yes. I kind of forgot to mention how they where equipped.
    As soon as I get hold of a camera, I will post a link to how the
    converted female mage on unicorn looks like.

    Your friendly neighbourhood Ewok

    --
    " Oktober. Detta är en av de särskilt farliga månaderna för fondbörs-
    spekulation. De andra äro juli, januari, september, april, november, maj,
    mars, juni, december, augusti och februari." - Mark Twain
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "P Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
    > In article <ct2dd0$c64$1@eol.dd.chalmers.se>, ewok@dd.chalmers.se (Ewok)
    > writes:
    > Right, looking down my list we're still missing month 2 purchases for:
    > Smithdoerr (Tyranids and other insects...)

    Oops forgot. I'll figure out this month's purchases for The Sticky Tyranids
    in a day or two (as you all may have noticed from the battle report my army
    desperately needs to be bulked up with more minis, so I'm currently
    agonizing on whether to spend this month's allowance on an Old One Eye model
    or pimping up my Hive Tyrant with some wings and gold rim bits) but I don't
    know if I'll be able to write up another battle report as bits of my Ripper
    Swarms keep crawling away (must buy more varnish too!) and I need them to
    fulfill the min two troops requirement!

    Wow that's a long sentence.

    --

    -smithdoerr
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "P Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
    > In article <ct2dd0$c64$1@eol.dd.chalmers.se>, ewok@dd.chalmers.se (Ewok)
    > writes:
    >

    > Also, Craig Little popped by at one stage to say he might want to join in
    > with
    > an army.

    Yeah, whatever happened to him?

Games Power Video Games