Locks what it is?

Hello all
When I open the Computer Management...
Computer Management
....System tool
.......Shared Folders
..........Open Files
I have the headers Open File, Accessed By, Type, # Locks, etc
What is the real meaning of # Locks?

Thank you for your reply.

Henpat

Locks stop files from being changed by more than one process at the same
time.
So in your list you see some files that are opened, and only some have
locks.
The ones without locks are just being read, whilst the others are locked for
writing.

Regards
Mark Dormer