Internet Access Problems

I have a Base Station 700. It is connected to the Internet via a
cable modem to Cox. We have a W2k3 server sitting on the LAN behind
the Base Station.

I can get _to_ our W2K3 server from the Internet, but right now cannot
get _from_ the server to the Internet.

TSing into the server, I can ping the internal (LAN) IP address of the
Base Station, but cannot ping the Base Station's external IP address.
I can ping other hosts on the LAN.

From an external host, I can ping the external IP address of the Base
Station. The problem appears after the server has been up and running
for several days. And if I reboot the server, the problem usually
goes for a those couple of days.

One thing I noticed is that the hardware (MAC) address of the Base
Station is shown as different numbers between when I do and arp -a on
the server and what is reported by the Base Station istelf through the
management tool.

The difference is in the first pair of numbers of the MAC address -
part of the manufacturer's identification. On the management tool
this is shown as 00- and in the arp is shows up as 02-. I suspect
this might just be a bug in the management tool software, or it could
be a real problem.