Using your Windows calculator...1024 / 32 = ?

Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.

Jenny.
16 answers Last reply
More about using windows calculator 1024

    Do you get an actual question mark?
    I get 32...

    In news:Xns969EBB3361DAnotwhere@198.161.157.145,
    jenny <not@where.com> had this to say:

    > Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
    >
    > Jenny.

    Umm... What problem? The answer is 32... If you divide it by 32 the number
    32 still shows because that is the answer. Same thing if you 16 / 4 the same
    number will still appear there. I'm not sure what your problem is but I am
    no mathmatician so what am I missing. It seems to work just fine here?

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    jenny wrote:
    > Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
    >
    > Jenny.

    It appears that yes, you are the only one with this problem.

    jenny <not@where.com> wrote:

    > Am I the only one with this Problem?

    What's the problem? 1024/32 = 32

    --
    d-d

    "jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message
    > Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
    >
    > Jenny.

    There are other calculators- MS Power Tools has one, There's one at Karens
    place http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp

    "jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message
    > Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.

    What answer do you get? I get the answer 32 on my XP Pro calculator, and
    AFAIK that is correct.

    --
    Jan Otto

    No, you are not alone. We have all had to make that calculation at some
    stage.

    Jon

    "jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message
    > Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
    >
    > Jenny.

    What problem?
    1024/32=32 on my calculator.

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:08:51 GMT, jenny <not@where.com> wrote:

    >Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
    >
    >Jenny.

    She thinks the 32 is not going off the screen. 32^2=1024. She doesn't
    realize 32 is the answer.
    Could be attributed to imbecility.

    "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    > What problem?
    > 1024/32=32 on my calculator.
    >
    > ...Alan
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:08:51 GMT, jenny <not@where.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
    >>
    >>Jenny.

    "Jon" <Email_Address@SomewhereOrOther.com> wrote in

    Thank you for your kind responses.

    Just to clarify; I AM an idiot at times, this time was a "BIG TIME".

    I was pressing the " = " button twice and received a " 1 " as when I
    pressed it the first time the display did not change or flicker.

    I usually use handheld calcs where the display will flicker before
    returning a numeral that is the same as the divisor, as was the case in
    my origianl calculation. Tried 16 / 4 and the result is the same, as it
    should be.

    Anybody else been in the Loser Club of the day? It isn't a nice place.

    Thanks for your help. Sorry if I disrupted your day with a stupid
    question.

    Routine is the death of intelligence.

    Regards,
    Jenny.

    > No, you are not alone. We have all had to make that calculation at
    some
    > stage.
    >
    > Jon
    >
    > "jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message
    >> Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
    >>
    >> Jenny.

    All MS calculators are (in or since XP) are IEEE standard comnplient. That was the big upgrade for calc in XP.

    "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message news:dc27b4$sut$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...

    > "jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message
    >> Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
    >>
    >> Jenny.
    >
    > There are other calculators- MS Power Tools has one, There's one at Karens
    > place http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp

    No problem. It was an intriguing post that drew some lighthearted responses.

    Moral of the story - use your own calculator and you will do fine ;)

    Jon

    "jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message

    I don't think it's imbecility ( three to seven years old) in a technical sense. It is merely moronic (7 to 12 years) .

    "SC" <a@bb.com> wrote in message news:uxUmvLRkFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > She thinks the 32 is not going off the screen. 32^2=1024. She doesn't
    > realize 32 is the answer.
    > Could be attributed to imbecility.
    >
    > "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >> What problem?
    >> 1024/32=32 on my calculator.
    >>
    >> ...Alan
    >> --
    >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >> http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >>
    >> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:08:51 GMT, jenny <not@where.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
    >>>
    >>>Jenny.

    How goes it David? Was trying to lay her down 'easy' with one of my
    euphemisms. Kinda useful doing those word lists nowadays - I try not to
    write anything without using them. 8-)
    You've classified idiots by their age groups, but it seems to extend to just
    12 year olds. People get more moronic later. What comes after morons at
    age 12?

    Dilip

    "SC" <a@bb.com> wrote in message
    > She thinks the 32 is not going off the screen. 32^2=1024. She doesn't
    > realize 32 is the answer.
    > Could be attributed to imbecility.
    >
    > "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >> What problem?
    >> 1024/32=32 on my calculator.
    >>
    >> ...Alan
    >> --
    >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >> http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >>
    >> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:08:51 GMT, jenny <not@where.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
    >>>
    >>>Jenny.

    A cretin is a disease from thryoid deficiency.

    I've done imbicile and moron.

    Idiots are those under 3.

    I'm not sure there is a word for older. These are legal and medical terms that have gone out of fashion. But nightwalking was just made legal where I live (it was illegal to be outside at nighttime - noone was ever charged with this crime in Australia but if the police didn't like you in England in the good old days ... - these days they put their foot on your chest and pump 5 bullets into your head) so I expect it is still used in some Americian states.

    "SC" <a@bb.com> wrote in message news:elsNABTkFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > How goes it David? Was trying to lay her down 'easy' with one of my
    > euphemisms. Kinda useful doing those word lists nowadays - I try not to
    > write anything without using them. 8-)
    > You've classified idiots by their age groups, but it seems to extend to just
    > 12 year olds. People get more moronic later. What comes after morons at
    > age 12?
    >
    > Dilip
    >

    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > I don't think it's imbecility ( three to seven years old) in a technical
    > sense. It is merely moronic (7 to 12 years) .

    > "SC" <a@bb.com> wrote in message
    >> She thinks the 32 is not going off the screen. 32^2=1024. She doesn't
    >> realize 32 is the answer.
    >> Could be attributed to imbecility.
    >>
    >> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >>> What problem?
    >>> 1024/32=32 on my calculator.
    >>>
    >>> ...Alan
    >>> --
    >>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >>> http://dts-l.org/index.html

    > Anybody else been in the Loser Club of the day? It isn't a nice place.
    >
    > Thanks for your help. Sorry if I disrupted your day with a stupid
    > question.
    >
    > Routine is the death of intelligence.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jenny.

    Please, do not feel like a loser. We have all done some really funny dumb
    things even if we don't allow ourselves to admit it to others. You provided
    a lot of people with a chuckle. At least no one asked you if you are blond.

Microsoft Windows XP