Using your Windows calculator...1024 / 32 = ?

July 25, 2005 12:08:51 PM

Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.

Jenny.
July 25, 2005 12:08:52 PM

Do you get an actual question mark?
I get 32...

"jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message
> Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
>
> Jenny.
July 25, 2005 12:08:52 PM

In news:Xns969EBB3361DAnotwhere@198.161.157.145,
jenny <not@where.com> had this to say:

> Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
>
> Jenny.

Umm... What problem? The answer is 32... If you divide it by 32 the number
32 still shows because that is the answer. Same thing if you 16 / 4 the same
number will still appear there. I'm not sure what your problem is but I am
no mathmatician so what am I missing. It seems to work just fine here?

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes
July 25, 2005 12:08:52 PM

jenny wrote:
> Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
>
> Jenny.

It appears that yes, you are the only one with this problem.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 12:48:43 PM

jenny <not@where.com> wrote:

> Am I the only one with this Problem?

What's the problem? 1024/32 = 32

--
d-d
Anonymous

"jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message
> Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
>
> Jenny.

There are other calculators- MS Power Tools has one, There's one at Karens
place http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 2:46:42 PM

"jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message
> Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.

What answer do you get? I get the answer 32 on my XP Pro calculator, and
AFAIK that is correct.

--
Jan Otto
July 25, 2005 8:08:35 PM

No, you are not alone. We have all had to make that calculation at some
stage.

Jon

"jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message
> Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
>
> Jenny.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 10:47:57 PM

What problem?
1024/32=32 on my calculator.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:08:51 GMT, jenny <not@where.com> wrote:

>Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
>
>Jenny.
July 25, 2005 10:47:58 PM

She thinks the 32 is not going off the screen. 32^2=1024. She doesn't
realize 32 is the answer.
Could be attributed to imbecility.

"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> What problem?
> 1024/32=32 on my calculator.
>
> ...Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:08:51 GMT, jenny <not@where.com> wrote:
>
>>Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
>>
>>Jenny.
July 26, 2005 12:06:29 AM

"Jon" <Email_Address@SomewhereOrOther.com> wrote in

Thank you for your kind responses.

Just to clarify; I AM an idiot at times, this time was a "BIG TIME".

I was pressing the " = " button twice and received a " 1 " as when I
pressed it the first time the display did not change or flicker.

I usually use handheld calcs where the display will flicker before
returning a numeral that is the same as the divisor, as was the case in
my origianl calculation. Tried 16 / 4 and the result is the same, as it
should be.

Anybody else been in the Loser Club of the day? It isn't a nice place.

Thanks for your help. Sorry if I disrupted your day with a stupid
question.

Routine is the death of intelligence.

Regards,
Jenny.

> No, you are not alone. We have all had to make that calculation at
some
> stage.
>
> Jon
>
> "jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message
>> Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
>>
>> Jenny.

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:05:41 AM

All MS calculators are (in or since XP) are IEEE standard comnplient. That was the big upgrade for calc in XP.

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message news:D c27b4$sut$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message
>> Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
>>
>> Jenny.
>
> There are other calculators- MS Power Tools has one, There's one at Karens
> place http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp

July 26, 2005 2:31:26 AM

No problem. It was an intriguing post that drew some lighthearted responses.

Moral of the story - use your own calculator and you will do fine ;)

Jon

"jenny" <not@where.com> wrote in message
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 2:35:05 AM

I don't think it's imbecility ( three to seven years old) in a technical sense. It is merely moronic (7 to 12 years) .

"SC" <a@bb.com> wrote in message news:uxUmvLRkFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> She thinks the 32 is not going off the screen. 32^2=1024. She doesn't
> realize 32 is the answer.
> Could be attributed to imbecility.
>
> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>> What problem?
>> 1024/32=32 on my calculator.
>>
>> ...Alan
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:08:51 GMT, jenny <not@where.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
>>>
>>>Jenny.

July 26, 2005 2:35:06 AM

How goes it David? Was trying to lay her down 'easy' with one of my
euphemisms. Kinda useful doing those word lists nowadays - I try not to
write anything without using them. 8-)
You've classified idiots by their age groups, but it seems to extend to just
12 year olds. People get more moronic later. What comes after morons at
age 12?

Dilip

"SC" <a@bb.com> wrote in message
> She thinks the 32 is not going off the screen. 32^2=1024. She doesn't
> realize 32 is the answer.
> Could be attributed to imbecility.
>
> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>> What problem?
>> 1024/32=32 on my calculator.
>>
>> ...Alan
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:08:51 GMT, jenny <not@where.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Am I the only one with this Problem? Using WinXPpro.
>>>
>>>Jenny.

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 6:02:28 AM

A cretin is a disease from thryoid deficiency.

I've done imbicile and moron.

Idiots are those under 3.

I'm not sure there is a word for older. These are legal and medical terms that have gone out of fashion. But nightwalking was just made legal where I live (it was illegal to be outside at nighttime - noone was ever charged with this crime in Australia but if the police didn't like you in England in the good old days ... - these days they put their foot on your chest and pump 5 bullets into your head) so I expect it is still used in some Americian states.

"SC" <a@bb.com> wrote in message news:elsNABTkFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> How goes it David? Was trying to lay her down 'easy' with one of my
> euphemisms. Kinda useful doing those word lists nowadays - I try not to
> write anything without using them. 8-)
> You've classified idiots by their age groups, but it seems to extend to just
> 12 year olds. People get more moronic later. What comes after morons at
> age 12?
>
> Dilip
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> I don't think it's imbecility ( three to seven years old) in a technical
> sense. It is merely moronic (7 to 12 years) .

> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
> "SC" <a@bb.com> wrote in message
>> She thinks the 32 is not going off the screen. 32^2=1024. She doesn't
>> realize 32 is the answer.
>> Could be attributed to imbecility.
>>
>> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>>> What problem?
>>> 1024/32=32 on my calculator.
>>>
>>> ...Alan
>>> --
>>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>>> http://dts-l.org/index.html

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 12:19:34 PM

> Anybody else been in the Loser Club of the day? It isn't a nice place.
>
> Thanks for your help. Sorry if I disrupted your day with a stupid
> question.
>
> Routine is the death of intelligence.
>
> Regards,
> Jenny.

Please, do not feel like a loser. We have all done some really funny dumb
things even if we don't allow ourselves to admit it to others. You provided
a lot of people with a chuckle. At least no one asked you if you are blond.
!