[Paint] Alternative Sought to Green Ink

Because it seems the bastards have discontinued it. It's a key part of my
ork flesh formula (dark angels green drybrushed with goblin green then
washed with green ink) so I have to find a replacement that will give
similar results. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

--
Brant M
Pissed Off Ork Painter

    Brant M wrote:
    > Because it seems the bastards have discontinued it. It's a key part
    of my
    > ork flesh formula (dark angels green drybrushed with goblin green
    then
    > washed with green ink) so I have to find a replacement that will give
    > similar results. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?
    >

    > --
    > Brant M
    > Pissed Off Ork Painter

    What Myr said, but also; call up local stores and GWMO, ask if they
    have any left. You might be able to buy up a few extra pots while
    they're still available.

    --Chris
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <8k%Dd.32967$6i.25296@bignews6.bellsouth.net>, Brant M,
    kritikalfailure@bellsouth.net Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
    > Because it seems the bastards have discontinued it. It's a key part of my
    > ork flesh formula (dark angels green drybrushed with goblin green then
    > washed with green ink) so I have to find a replacement that will give
    > similar results. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

    Try any serious 'art supply' store. There are several companies
    that make colored ink. You can probably find one or more on-line with a
    bit of searching.

    Myrmidon

    #1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
    much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

    - Eric Noland

    # 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
    raise a Warhammer army

    - Roy Cox

    http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

    ****

    RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

    Or...

  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    The Cote d'Arms stuff is identical to the old line of GW paints, which
    was superior to the current line of paints. The Renaissance Ink stuff
    comes highly recommended by Doctor Faust; www.paintingclinic.com

    Also, IIRC Jen Haley's site recommends it;
    http://www.wegotgame.net/jen/main.html

    For more painting goodness, check out:

    http://miniaturespace.net/index.html

    http://www.agisn.de

    http://www.jeanfrancois.org/

    http://www.brushthralls.com/

    And finally...

    http://dmoz.org/Games/Miniatures/Painting/
    That last one should keep you busy...

    --Chris
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Brant M" <kritikalfailure@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Because it seems the bastards have discontinued it. It's a key part of my
    > ork flesh formula (dark angels green drybrushed with goblin green then
    > washed with green ink) so I have to find a replacement that will give
    > similar results. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

    Thanks for all the responses. I'll get to my local art supply store ASAP.
    I've also found that Reaper Pro Paints carries two green inks, one that
    looks to be about right and one that looks to be more akin to the current GW
    Dark Green Ink. Can anyone reccomend/advise against this brand? Secondly,
    the Coat d'Arms Green Ink is also akin to the current Dark Green Ink,
    correct? (I can only judge by color swatches on the computer). Lastly,
    Rennaisaince ink offers a Green Ink Wash, can anyone comment on it's color
    and/or quality?

    --
    Brant M
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Brant M" <kritikalfailure@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Because it seems the bastards have discontinued it. It's a key part of my
    > ork flesh formula (dark angels green drybrushed with goblin green then
    > washed with green ink) so I have to find a replacement that will give
    > similar results. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

    Try Coat D'arms, they do the old GW range and have equivalent paints;

    http://www.gladiatorgames.co.uk/gw_equivalents.htm
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Out from under a rock popped Brant M and said

    > Because it seems the bastards have discontinued it. It's a key part
    > of my ork flesh formula (dark angels green drybrushed with goblin
    > green then washed with green ink) so I have to find a replacement that
    > will give similar results. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

    I mostly use Windsor and Newton inks. I highly recommend them. From
    memory the W&N colour is Apple Green, or maybe it’s a little lighter but
    works just as well.

    --
    Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.

    > I mostly use Windsor and Newton inks. I highly recommend them. From
    > memory the W&N colour is Apple Green, or maybe it's a little lighter but
    > works just as well.

    I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff, if a little
    difficult for me personally to acquire... :(

    --
    Daniel Blakemore
    Mini Gallery #1 - http://www.rottenlead.com/copper/thumbnails.php?album=8
    #2 - http://www.voidgamers.com/channel/b.190.html?author_name=MYLORDKHORNE
    #3 - http://www.pbase.com/mylordkhorne/
    ICQ:14459824 Yahoo IM: mylordkhorne
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Daniel "Naughty Tentacles" Blakemore"
    <Daniel.Blakemore@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    >> I mostly use Windsor and Newton inks. I highly recommend them. From
    >> memory the W&N colour is Apple Green, or maybe it's a little lighter but
    >> works just as well.
    >
    > I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff, if a
    > little
    > difficult for me personally to acquire... :(

    Danny, why so hard to get, just no local supplier?

    Try these peeps, no website but a very helpful shop, should do mail order:

    Boville-Wrights
    128 High Street
    Uxbridge
    T: +44 (0)1895 238331 & +44 (0)1895 450300

    --

    estarriol
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "estarriol" <estarriol@blueyonder.jeansNtshirt.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Daniel "Naughty Tentacles" Blakemore"
    > <Daniel.Blakemore@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > >> I mostly use Windsor and Newton inks. I highly recommend them. From
    > >> memory the W&N colour is Apple Green, or maybe it's a little lighter
    but
    > >> works just as well.
    > >
    > > I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff, if a
    > > little
    > > difficult for me personally to acquire... :(
    > >
    > Danny, why so hard to get, just no local supplier?
    >
    > Try these peeps, no website but a very helpful shop, should do mail order:
    >
    > Boville-Wrights
    > 128 High Street
    > Uxbridge
    > T: +44 (0)1895 238331 & +44 (0)1895 450300

    Just thought I'd chime in here as well, my local art supplier stocks a host
    of W&N inks, here's their link http://www.millers-art.co.uk/acatalog/ .
    --

    Pitstarter
    \m/(><)\m/

    > > Danny, why so hard to get, just no local supplier?

    Exactly. :(

    > > Try these peeps, no website but a very helpful shop, should do mail
    order:
    > > Boville-Wrights
    > > 128 High Street
    > > Uxbridge
    > > T: +44 (0)1895 238331 & +44 (0)1895 450300
    > Just thought I'd chime in here as well, my local art supplier stocks a
    host
    > of W&N inks, here's their link http://www.millers-art.co.uk/acatalog/ .

    Cheers muchly...I'll give 'em all a try:)

    #2 - http://www.voidgamers.com/channel/b.190.html?author_name=MYLORDKHORNE
    #3 - http://www.pbase.com/mylordkhorne/
    ICQ:14459824 Yahoo IM: mylordkhorne
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Out from under a rock popped Daniel "Naughty Tentacles" Blakemore and
    said

    > I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff, if a
    > little difficult for me personally to acquire... :(

    They're readily available in NZ so you have no excuse.

    --
    Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
    "I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
    Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > > I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff, if a
    > > little difficult for me personally to acquire... :(
    > They're readily available in NZ so you have no excuse.

    Uhh, dude? I'm not in NZ....

    #2 - http://www.voidgamers.com/channel/b.190.html?author_name=MYLORDKHORNE
    #3 - http://www.pbase.com/mylordkhorne/
    ICQ:14459824 Yahoo IM: mylordkhorne
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    >> > I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff,
    >> > if a
    >> > little difficult for me personally to acquire... :(
    >> They're readily available in NZ so you have no excuse.
    >
    > Uhh, dude? I'm not in NZ....

    No, but Rob is, duh ;)
    RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org - don't read it at your own peril

    "Flee, the Stoic Riders of Saim-Hann are upon us!
    Our bolters are no match for their good posture!" -- Blue Raja

    "I know you miss the Wainwrights, Bobby, but they
    were weak and stupid people--and that's why
    we have wolves and other large predators."
    -- Gary Larson, The Far Side
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Out from under a rock popped Brant M and said

    > Lastly,
    > Rennaisaince ink offers a Green Ink Wash, can anyone comment on it's
    > color and/or quality?

    Mr Whoseywhatsit* from Rennaisance posts here from time to time and has
    never been a twat of any description, so can be assumed to have the RGMW
    seal of approval. http://www.renaissanceink.net/ if you don't know
    already.

    *Is it wirth mentioning his real name?

    --
    Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
    "I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
    Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Out from under a rock popped Daniel "Naughty Tentacles" Blakemore and said

    >> > I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff, if a
    >> > little difficult for me personally to acquire... :(
    >> They're readily available in NZ so you have no excuse.
    >
    > Uhh, dude? I'm not in NZ....

    I know that but given that they're English and you can get them everywhere
    in NZ, you should be able to get them anywhere that sells stationery in the
    UK. I'm sure that even Phil can them in the tiny village of Lesser
    Snivling or where ever it is he lives.

    --
    Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
    "I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
    Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > > Uhh, dude? I'm not in NZ....
    > I know that but given that they're English and you can get them everywhere
    > in NZ, you should be able to get them anywhere that sells stationery in
    the
    > UK. I'm sure that even Phil can them in the tiny village of Lesser
    > Snivling or where ever it is he lives.

    Believe me, I've tried...I've had just about every kind of response
    possible, from a snobbish "Don't stock 'em" style response from small
    independant art/craft stores, to a drooling "Duh, nevuh urrd of 'um"
    response from the spotty kid and his boss in the local department store's
    art dept.
    Yes, the manufacturer's in the UK, but if no-one locally stocks 'em, I'm
    still buggered :(

    #2 - http://www.voidgamers.com/channel/b.190.html?author_name=MYLORDKHORNE
    #3 - http://www.pbase.com/mylordkhorne/
    ICQ:14459824 Yahoo IM: mylordkhorne
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > Yes, the manufacturer's in the UK, but if no-one locally stocks 'em, I'm
    > still buggered :(

    Can I get you an analgesic cream for that?
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <41e365ee_1@news.iprimus.com.au>, elfbard,
    elfbard@iprimus.com.au Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

    > > Yes, the manufacturer's in the UK, but if no-one locally stocks 'em, I'm
    > > still buggered :(
    >
    > Can I get you an analgesic cream for that?

    That's odd - I thought buggery typically resulted in 'cream'.

    Myr ;)

    --
    So far, the closest to homosexuality warhammer has made me is playing
    Wood Elves for a number of years. But I was in college then.

    - Snot Monster

    RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

    Or...

  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Out from under a rock popped Myrmidon and said

    > In article <41e365ee_1@news.iprimus.com.au>, elfbard,
    > elfbard@iprimus.com.au Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
    >>
    >> > Yes, the manufacturer's in the UK, but if no-one locally stocks
    >> > 'em, I'm still buggered :(
    >>
    >> Can I get you an analgesic cream for that?
    >
    > That's odd - I thought buggery typically resulted in 'cream'.

    Not when you're using a genuine RGMW studded condom. It results in
    bleeding.

    --
    Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
    "I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
    Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere

Green Games Formula Video Games