[Paint] Alternative Sought to Green Ink

Because it seems the bastards have discontinued it. It's a key part of my
ork flesh formula (dark angels green drybrushed with goblin green then
washed with green ink) so I have to find a replacement that will give
similar results. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

--
Brant M
Pissed Off Ork Painter

Brant M wrote:
> Because it seems the bastards have discontinued it. It's a key part
of my
> ork flesh formula (dark angels green drybrushed with goblin green
then
> washed with green ink) so I have to find a replacement that will give
> similar results. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?
>

> --
> Brant M
> Pissed Off Ork Painter

What Myr said, but also; call up local stores and GWMO, ask if they
have any left. You might be able to buy up a few extra pots while
they're still available.

--Chris

In article <8k%Dd.32967$6i.25296@bignews6.bellsouth.net>, Brant M,
kritikalfailure@bellsouth.net Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> Because it seems the bastards have discontinued it. It's a key part of my
> ork flesh formula (dark angels green drybrushed with goblin green then
> washed with green ink) so I have to find a replacement that will give
> similar results. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Try any serious 'art supply' store. There are several companies
that make colored ink. You can probably find one or more on-line with a
bit of searching.

Myrmidon

#1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

- Eric Noland

# 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
raise a Warhammer army

- Roy Cox

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

****

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

The Cote d'Arms stuff is identical to the old line of GW paints, which
was superior to the current line of paints. The Renaissance Ink stuff
comes highly recommended by Doctor Faust; www.paintingclinic.com

Also, IIRC Jen Haley's site recommends it;
http://www.wegotgame.net/jen/main.html

For more painting goodness, check out:

http://miniaturespace.net/index.html

http://www.agisn.de

http://www.jeanfrancois.org/

http://www.brushthralls.com/

And finally...

http://dmoz.org/Games/Miniatures/Painting/
That last one should keep you busy...

--Chris

"Brant M" <kritikalfailure@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Because it seems the bastards have discontinued it. It's a key part of my
> ork flesh formula (dark angels green drybrushed with goblin green then
> washed with green ink) so I have to find a replacement that will give
> similar results. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Thanks for all the responses. I'll get to my local art supply store ASAP.
I've also found that Reaper Pro Paints carries two green inks, one that
looks to be about right and one that looks to be more akin to the current GW
Dark Green Ink. Can anyone reccomend/advise against this brand? Secondly,
the Coat d'Arms Green Ink is also akin to the current Dark Green Ink,
correct? (I can only judge by color swatches on the computer). Lastly,
Rennaisaince ink offers a Green Ink Wash, can anyone comment on it's color
and/or quality?

--
Brant M

"Brant M" <kritikalfailure@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Because it seems the bastards have discontinued it. It's a key part of my
> ork flesh formula (dark angels green drybrushed with goblin green then
> washed with green ink) so I have to find a replacement that will give
> similar results. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Try Coat D'arms, they do the old GW range and have equivalent paints;

http://www.gladiatorgames.co.uk/gw_equivalents.htm

Out from under a rock popped Brant M and said

> Because it seems the bastards have discontinued it. It's a key part
> of my ork flesh formula (dark angels green drybrushed with goblin
> green then washed with green ink) so I have to find a replacement that
> will give similar results. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

I mostly use Windsor and Newton inks. I highly recommend them. From
memory the W&N colour is Apple Green, or maybe it’s a little lighter but
works just as well.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.

> I mostly use Windsor and Newton inks. I highly recommend them. From
> memory the W&N colour is Apple Green, or maybe it's a little lighter but
> works just as well.

I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff, if a little
difficult for me personally to acquire... :(

--
Daniel Blakemore
Mini Gallery #1 - http://www.rottenlead.com/copper/thumbnails.php?album=8
#2 - http://www.voidgamers.com/channel/b.190.html?author_name=MYLORDKHORNE
#3 - http://www.pbase.com/mylordkhorne/
ICQ:14459824 Yahoo IM: mylordkhorne

Estarriol

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

"Daniel "Naughty Tentacles" Blakemore"
<Daniel.Blakemore@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> I mostly use Windsor and Newton inks. I highly recommend them. From
>> memory the W&N colour is Apple Green, or maybe it's a little lighter but
>> works just as well.
>
> I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff, if a
> little
> difficult for me personally to acquire... :(

Danny, why so hard to get, just no local supplier?

Try these peeps, no website but a very helpful shop, should do mail order:

Boville-Wrights
128 High Street
Uxbridge
T: +44 (0)1895 238331 & +44 (0)1895 450300

--

estarriol

"estarriol" <estarriol@blueyonder.jeansNtshirt.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Daniel "Naughty Tentacles" Blakemore"
> <Daniel.Blakemore@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> >> I mostly use Windsor and Newton inks. I highly recommend them. From
> >> memory the W&N colour is Apple Green, or maybe it's a little lighter
but
> >> works just as well.
> >
> > I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff, if a
> > little
> > difficult for me personally to acquire... :(
> >
> Danny, why so hard to get, just no local supplier?
>
> Try these peeps, no website but a very helpful shop, should do mail order:
>
> Boville-Wrights
> 128 High Street
> Uxbridge
> T: +44 (0)1895 238331 & +44 (0)1895 450300

Just thought I'd chime in here as well, my local art supplier stocks a host
of W&N inks, here's their link http://www.millers-art.co.uk/acatalog/ .
--

Pitstarter
\m/(><)\m/

> > Danny, why so hard to get, just no local supplier?

Exactly. :(

> > Try these peeps, no website but a very helpful shop, should do mail
order:
> > Boville-Wrights
> > 128 High Street
> > Uxbridge
> > T: +44 (0)1895 238331 & +44 (0)1895 450300
> Just thought I'd chime in here as well, my local art supplier stocks a
host
> of W&N inks, here's their link http://www.millers-art.co.uk/acatalog/ .

Cheers muchly...I'll give 'em all a try:)

#2 - http://www.voidgamers.com/channel/b.190.html?author_name=MYLORDKHORNE
#3 - http://www.pbase.com/mylordkhorne/
ICQ:14459824 Yahoo IM: mylordkhorne

Out from under a rock popped Daniel "Naughty Tentacles" Blakemore and
said

> I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff, if a
> little difficult for me personally to acquire... :(

They're readily available in NZ so you have no excuse.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
"I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere

> > I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff, if a
> > little difficult for me personally to acquire... :(
> They're readily available in NZ so you have no excuse.

Uhh, dude? I'm not in NZ....

#2 - http://www.voidgamers.com/channel/b.190.html?author_name=MYLORDKHORNE
#3 - http://www.pbase.com/mylordkhorne/
ICQ:14459824 Yahoo IM: mylordkhorne

fog

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2002

>> > I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff,
>> > if a
>> > little difficult for me personally to acquire... :(
>> They're readily available in NZ so you have no excuse.
>
> Uhh, dude? I'm not in NZ....

No, but Rob is, duh ;)
RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org - don't read it at your own peril

"Flee, the Stoic Riders of Saim-Hann are upon us!
Our bolters are no match for their good posture!" -- Blue Raja

"I know you miss the Wainwrights, Bobby, but they
were weak and stupid people--and that's why
we have wolves and other large predators."
-- Gary Larson, The Far Side

Out from under a rock popped Brant M and said

> Lastly,
> Rennaisaince ink offers a Green Ink Wash, can anyone comment on it's
> color and/or quality?

Mr Whoseywhatsit* from Rennaisance posts here from time to time and has
never been a twat of any description, so can be assumed to have the RGMW
seal of approval. http://www.renaissanceink.net/ if you don't know
already.

*Is it wirth mentioning his real name?

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
"I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere

Out from under a rock popped Daniel "Naughty Tentacles" Blakemore and said

>> > I second the use of Windsor and Newton paints. Very good stuff, if a
>> > little difficult for me personally to acquire... :(
>> They're readily available in NZ so you have no excuse.
>
> Uhh, dude? I'm not in NZ....

I know that but given that they're English and you can get them everywhere
in NZ, you should be able to get them anywhere that sells stationery in the
UK. I'm sure that even Phil can them in the tiny village of Lesser
Snivling or where ever it is he lives.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
"I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere

> > Uhh, dude? I'm not in NZ....
> I know that but given that they're English and you can get them everywhere
> in NZ, you should be able to get them anywhere that sells stationery in
the
> UK. I'm sure that even Phil can them in the tiny village of Lesser
> Snivling or where ever it is he lives.

Believe me, I've tried...I've had just about every kind of response
possible, from a snobbish "Don't stock 'em" style response from small
independant art/craft stores, to a drooling "Duh, nevuh urrd of 'um"
response from the spotty kid and his boss in the local department store's
art dept.
Yes, the manufacturer's in the UK, but if no-one locally stocks 'em, I'm
still buggered :(

#2 - http://www.voidgamers.com/channel/b.190.html?author_name=MYLORDKHORNE
#3 - http://www.pbase.com/mylordkhorne/
ICQ:14459824 Yahoo IM: mylordkhorne

> Yes, the manufacturer's in the UK, but if no-one locally stocks 'em, I'm
> still buggered :(

Can I get you an analgesic cream for that?

In article <41e365ee_1@news.iprimus.com.au>, elfbard,
elfbard@iprimus.com.au Varfed out the following in Timo speak...

> > Yes, the manufacturer's in the UK, but if no-one locally stocks 'em, I'm
> > still buggered :(
>
> Can I get you an analgesic cream for that?

That's odd - I thought buggery typically resulted in 'cream'.

Myr ;)

--
So far, the closest to homosexuality warhammer has made me is playing
Wood Elves for a number of years. But I was in college then.

- Snot Monster

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

Out from under a rock popped Myrmidon and said

> In article <41e365ee_1@news.iprimus.com.au>, elfbard,
> elfbard@iprimus.com.au Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
>>
>> > Yes, the manufacturer's in the UK, but if no-one locally stocks
>> > 'em, I'm still buggered :(
>>
>> Can I get you an analgesic cream for that?
>
> That's odd - I thought buggery typically resulted in 'cream'.

Not when you're using a genuine RGMW studded condom. It results in
bleeding.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.
"I present to RGMW....the real life model for StrongBad." (c) Inc 2003
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere

TRENDING THREADS