Snowy

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004

why do i get a 'run time error' message when i try to download and install
latest version of messenger. I am running v6.2 at the moment. I also get this
message.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Snowy wrote:
> why do i get a 'run time error' message when i try to download and
> install latest version of messenger. I am running v6.2 at the moment.
> I also get this message.
>
> <!-- Web.Config Configuration File
> --> <configuration>
> <system.web>
> <customErrors mode="Off"/>
> </system.web>
> </configuration>

http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/b/c/4bc83bb2-18dd-486f-943f-332a9b3e01dc/INSTALL_MSN_MESSENGER_DL.EXE

Try the full download.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Go here:-

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Snowy wrote:

> why do i get a 'run time error' message when i try to download and install
> latest version of messenger. I am running v6.2 at the moment. I also get this
> message.
>
> <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
> <configuration>
> <system.web>
> <customErrors mode="Off"/>
> </system.web>
> </configuration>

Snowy

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004

Cheers the full download worked.

Snowy wrote:
> Cheers the full download worked.

Cool! Web installs just add another factor in installations that can
fail, and I never do them. Always try to find a way to get the full
download.