Status
Not open for further replies.

reality_06

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
Hi, I recently purchased the Audigy SE soundcard. The installation went smoothly, and the auto-update function installed the latest drivers. So far, so good. But when i run the Diagnostics tool, here's what I got:

Creative Diagnostics Test Log
Detected device:
SB Audigy

Tested device:SB Audigy

09/05/2009 08:47:48PM Drivers Tests Pass

09/05/2009 08:47:52PM Windows Multimedia Tests Pass

09/05/2009 08:47:53PM DirectSound Tests Fail

The card works, but I think it's not fully functional. For example, in the EAX settings menu, there's just one option to enable the CMSS 3D surround. The first time there was also other options to choose, but now it's completely blank .

There's no driver conflicts, and I have no other PCI devices installed.

In the Creative's support page for this model, I found this:

"PCI 2.1 Support:
All Creative PCI sound cards adhere to PCI 2.1 or later specifications. This setting must be enabled for your Sound Blaster card to function properly. Note: Some BIOS's might have various options for this setting (e.g.: 2.0, 2.1, 2.2)."

My Bios have no such functions, and I don't know if it's compatible to this PCI 2.1 standart. If anyone have an idea how to find out, it would be appreciated.

And also, is there any solution for the direct sound issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Gamer_Kage

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
Hey,

What I'd do is uninstall the drivers again, and install them manually instead of relying on the autoupdate.

Go here, and download the correct driver for your Windows version instead:

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=205&prodID=14257&prodName=Audigy%20SE&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster

You'll need:

Creative Sound Blaster audio driver 1.04.0090

+ If you have Windows Vista, the Creative Alchemy suite.

I hope doing this manually fixes the problems you are encountering, though in truth, it shouldn't be happening at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.